Reload this Page >

problems deregistering

problems deregistering

Old Jun 3rd 2016, 8:29 am
Just Joined

mark292 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default problems deregistering

Hello,
I'm checking forums to see if anyone has experince of the following.

I'm leaving Spain in a couple of weeks:
First I went to the social security and they said I didn't need to deregister. I find this strange. It only occured to me when I got home that they will still have my Spanish address recorded but I won't be living here.

1. Can anyone tell me if they have deregistered from social security and what is supposed to happen?

I also went to extranjaria. I wanted to deregister my residencia. The policeman there said I didn't need to do anything with it I just keep the same NIE. I understand you keep the NIE forever etc, but that didn't solve the question of me wanting to register that I am leaving Spain and will not be resident anymore, surely that needs to be recorded somehow with them.
The problem was he really didn't seem sure when I queried it. You know that feeling you get when they just seem to want you to buzz off.
When I got home I had a look on the internet and have found several posts on forums saying you do have to deregister the NIE. A lady on another forum told me I have to fill in form EX18 and ticking "BAJA POR CESE". I downloaded the form and looking at it I can't see where to put my new address or anything.

2. Could anyone who has done this process, or knows about it, tell me how to fill it in and what I should get when I hand the form in please? (Logic tells me I should get a non-resident certificate with my NIE on it).

thankyou
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 8:57 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: problems deregistering

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark292
Hello,
I'm checking forums to see if anyone has experince of the following.

I'm leaving Spain in a couple of weeks:
First I went to the social security and they said I didn't need to deregister. I find this strange. It only occured to me when I got home that they will still have my Spanish address recorded but I won't be living here.

1. Can anyone tell me if they have deregistered from social security and what is supposed to happen?

I also went to extranjaria. I wanted to deregister my residencia. The policeman there said I didn't need to do anything with it I just keep the same NIE. I understand you keep the NIE forever etc, but that didn't solve the question of me wanting to register that I am leaving Spain and will not be resident anymore, surely that needs to be recorded somehow with them.
The problem was he really didn't seem sure when I queried it. You know that feeling you get when they just seem to want you to buzz off.
When I got home I had a look on the internet and have found several posts on forums saying you do have to deregister the NIE. A lady on another forum told me I have to fill in form EX18 and ticking "BAJA POR CESE". I downloaded the form and looking at it I can't see where to put my new address or anything.

2. Could anyone who has done this process, or knows about it, tell me how to fill it in and what I should get when I hand the form in please? (Logic tells me I should get a non-resident certificate with my NIE on it).

thankyou
We went to the police station and deregistered before leaving Spain.
It was straightforward , but because an error had been made in 2012 when I renewed it, I had to wait for ages while they corrected it
You will be given a document showing you are deregistered.
Many don't bother, but if you want proof that you have left Spain permanently, you should do this, and also deregister from the Padron
Don't forget to sort out your situation regarding your tax in Spain
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 4:23 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neptuno
Don't forget to sort out your situation regarding your tax in Spain
Very important and signing off the register does not have anything to do with tax. You should submit Form 030 to the tax office to be on the safe side.

You can download it here. Section 5 is the relevant one.

http://www.agenciatributaria.es/stat...d030_es_es.pdf
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Very important and signing off the register does not have anything to do with tax. You should submit Form 030 to the tax office to be on the safe side.

You can download it here. Section 5 is the relevant one.

http://www.agenciatributaria.es/stat...d030_es_es.pdf
Wonder how many people actually tell the Hacienda they are leaving Spain
Most wouldn't try and do it themselves.
A lot of expats never register on the tax system anyway , so I imagine they keep quiet
I asked my accountant to sort it out
Old Jun 4th 2016, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

mark292 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone, good link Fred cheers.

I think I know what's what now apart from the social security. If anyone has any idea what is supposed to happen in social security, the form to use. I can't believe that you just buzz off and leave the last address in spain on their records. A new person will be living there after all, not me. I will go back and say that to them , but I honestly just expect a shrug of the shoulders as a reply, so it would be good to know what the procedure actually is.

thanks for the good advice :-)
Old Jun 5th 2016, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

avocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud of

SS don't need to know anything unless you're already receiving payments from them.

In any case, any descrepancies/erros/illegal stuff gets resolved by Agencia Tributaria eventually.

Last edited by avocados; Jun 5th 2016 at 3:44 pm. Reason: .