Reload this Page >

Albunol transport getting to and from

Albunol transport getting to and from

Old May 3rd 2006, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Imcal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Albunol transport getting to and from

Currently looking at purchasing a home in the Albunol area

But thinking about coming down with say TCooke/Thomson etc to one of the resorts then using local transport to get to Albunol to have a look around and to get a feel for the area, i am non driver because of eye problems. so the question`s are:

Whats the best area to visit with one of the tour operators ie Malaga so we can visit Albunol from

And is there public transport to and from Albunol if so is it often and what sort of price are we looking at.

Thanks

Cal
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Leonardo will become famous soon enoughLeonardo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Albunol transport getting to and from

Originally Posted by Imcal
Currently looking at purchasing a home in the Albunol area

But thinking about coming down with say TCooke/Thomson etc to one of the resorts then using local transport to get to Albunol to have a look around and to get a feel for the area, i am non driver because of eye problems. so the question`s are:

Whats the best area to visit with one of the tour operators ie Malaga so we can visit Albunol from

And is there public transport to and from Albunol if so is it often and what sort of price are we looking at.

Thanks

Cal
The best place to stay would be at Roquetas de Mar its much closer to Albunol than Malaga or even Nerja there is a regular bus service which runs along the coast and is not expensive. I am sure that regular contributor pwwm who lives at Albunol will be able to tell you more.

Leonardo
Old May 4th 2006, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Thankyou m8 for the reply it is much appreciated.
Old May 4th 2006, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Imcal

Malaga is a near three hour car drive away from here as Leonardo has suggested it would be better to stay in Roquetas or even in La Rabita at Los Conchas, there is an English B&B (no not me although I do feel like it with all our visitors sometimes) here if you are interested pm me and that would be in Albunol itself.
You would be better to fly with a budget airline, where are you flying from?

Almeria if possible much closer for Roquetas. or for here.
Are you aware it is not at all like any of the costa's? it is not for everyone, we love it here but, it is predominently Spanish and you will need to learn the language, we have had a very rapid learning curve whilst being here, now into our third year.

If you stay around Malaga hire a car, Nerja is better but still a good two hour drive. We do have a bus service from Malaga and almeria for which I shall post the link, you can change it into English so it is quite easy to use.

http://www.alsinagraells.es/agsur/in-03.html

Please pm me for more info, as Leonardo has said I live in Albunol
pwwm
Old May 5th 2006, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Thankyou for the reply

I am willing to learn spanish and i got a cd from the library last week then purchased one from the local book shop and have been listening to a lesson each night now i can say a few things.

Thanks for the suggestions and the link i will check it out, i can no longer drive due to eye problems etc, i have checked the net and Albunol looks good to me, but of course thats the net i will be there hopefully soon to see, i dont mind the spanish culture and the learning curve after all i am hopingly moving to Spain , im not after a relaxing lifestyle sitting in the sun 24hrs a day etc i know it may be hard at times but what i am after is..a country that isnt all me me me if you know what i mean.

and if i come across any questions i may need to ask i will pm you.

Thanks.