Soon be there

Old May 1st 2006, 10:30 am
Just Joined

paulio will become famous soon enough
Default Soon be there

Hello to all you lucky souls soaking up the sun. Its a Bank Holiday It's raining and we are at work in Yarmouth but on the good side we only have about 20 weeks of this left as we plan to move to Chiclana for the beginning of September. Although we already own a property there we are searching frantically for a Gestor (not lawyer) who could help us with all the paperwork that we will need to sort out for our cars and also taxes, accounts, licences etc. Could anyone recommend someone? as long as he does not wear a funny hat with bells on.
Old May 1st 2006, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future
Default Re: Soon be there

Originally Posted by paulio
Hello to all you lucky souls soaking up the sun. Its a Bank Holiday It's raining and we are at work in Yarmouth but on the good side we only have about 20 weeks of this left as we plan to move to Chiclana for the beginning of September. Although we already own a property there we are searching frantically for a Gestor (not lawyer) who could help us with all the paperwork that we will need to sort out for our cars and also taxes, accounts, licences etc. Could anyone recommend someone? as long as he does not wear a funny hat with bells on.
We are looking for an English speaking lawyer and on a previous thread someone suggested the British embassy who gave a list of lawyers perhaps they could help with a gestor too. Apart form that I believe it does go by recommendation.

Helen
Old May 1st 2006, 2:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

If you already own property you should have sorted some of the paperwork out already
Old May 1st 2006, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

merlino is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , this link will give you a list of Gestorias in all areas :-

http://www.spanish-living.com/region..._Andalucia.php

merlino
Old May 1st 2006, 6:05 pm
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice

What is a Gestor?
Old May 1st 2006, 6:38 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tim hortons man
What is a Gestor?
Use the search feature its a very useful invention

Last edited by kevray; May 1st 2006 at 6:41 pm.
Old May 1st 2006, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tim hortons man
What is a Gestor?
The Gestor is a profession dedicated principally to helping you with Spanish Bureaucracy. ... For a moderate fee a Gestor can save you hours of leg work. ...

pwwm
Old May 2nd 2006, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
If you already own property you should have sorted some of the paperwork out already

Well actually I did but it is lawyers not gestores that sort out serches for bying a property. I need someone who can sort the day to day paperwork to enable me to live legally in Spain as I wish to start my own business. A big thank you to everyone who has given me positive answers.
Old May 2nd 2006, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pwwm
The Gestor is a profession dedicated principally to helping you with Spanish Bureaucracy. ... For a moderate fee a Gestor can save you hours of leg work. ...

pwwm
Well described
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Well actually I did but it is lawyers not gestores that sort out serches for bying a property. I need someone who can sort the day to day paperwork to enable me to live legally in Spain as I wish to start my own business. A big thank you to everyone who has given me positive answers.
So you didn`t get one to sort out your taxes then when you became owners of a property here
read here
Old May 3rd 2006, 5:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
So you didn`t get one to sort out your taxes then when you became owners of a property here
read here
Of course I did and charged they charged me enough for the service but he paid taxes regarding the purchase of my house and that is not what I have been asking for.
Old May 3rd 2006, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
read here
Thank you for this valuable input , jdr !
So , on the 1st property alone , already there are 3 different lots of taxes to be paid , even before we touch on income tax , interest/dividends/bond yields , CGT etc ?
All of a sudden , makes the thought of retiring in Spain look somewhat less attractive ( like France ) ?
1 ) Would you know whether the wealth tax is applicable also on the Life assurance products ( personalised portfolio bonds with no fixed term ) or does one only get taxed on the withdrawals from them ?
2 ) What about taxation of distributions from discretionary offshore trusts ?
Many thanks in advance for any response/s !!!
Old May 3rd 2006, 12:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Of course I did and charged they charged me enough for the service but he paid taxes regarding the purchase of my house and that is not what I have been asking for.
Well get him do sort out the ones you want sorting out now
Old May 3rd 2006, 1:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Ray51
Thank you for this valuable input , jdr !
So , on the 1st property alone , already there are 3 different lots of taxes to be paid , even before we touch on income tax , interest/dividends/bond yields , CGT etc ?
All of a sudden , makes the thought of retiring in Spain look somewhat less attractive ( like France ) ?
1 ) Would you know whether the wealth tax is applicable also on the Life assurance products ( personalised portfolio bonds with no fixed term ) or does one only get taxed on the withdrawals from them ?
2 ) What about taxation of distributions from discretionary offshore trusts ?
Many thanks in advance for any response/s !!!
Its a complete minefield, you definitely need a tax consultant to help save you money
Old May 4th 2006, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
Its a complete minefield, you definitely need a tax consultant to help save you money
A mate of mine maintains that the latest tax-legislation makes all "investment income" subject to 18% flat tax ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.