Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

aki wall heaters

aki wall heaters

Old Nov 17th 2011, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aki wall heaters

Originally Posted by lyric050203
I read somewhere that the 12.5 Kg bottle is supposed to last about 56 hours in a normal gas heater on medium.
Thanks very much for this.:sunglasses:
Old Nov 18th 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

We use bottled gas for both cooking (all year round) and most of our heating in the winter (supplemented by some electric heating for the bathroom and bedrooms when necessary) and we have an electric water heater.

From September 2010 to September 2011 I bought a total of 8 gas bottles - even now they have gone up to just over 15€ that's still pretty cheap for a whole year!

We've never experienced any condensation problems from our gas heater, I suspect this may be because it isn't used in a room with the door closed (the ground floor of our house has no internal doors and the staircase goes up from the living room, so the heat does spread around the house).
Old Nov 19th 2011, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
We use bottled gas for both cooking (all year round) and most of our heating in the winter (supplemented by some electric heating for the bathroom and bedrooms when necessary) and we have an electric water heater.

From September 2010 to September 2011 I bought a total of 8 gas bottles - even now they have gone up to just over 15€ that's still pretty cheap for a whole year!

We've never experienced any condensation problems from our gas heater, I suspect this may be because it isn't used in a room with the door closed (the ground floor of our house has no internal doors and the staircase goes up from the living room, so the heat does spread around the house).
Just for cooking one bottle lasts us nearly a whole year! Admittedly we eat a lot of raw food in summer (Gazpacho etc) Now we've got the gas bottle heater I expect to get through maybe one every 2 weeks for that on average.
We've taken the precaution of getting an extra bottle because I don't want to shiver over Xmas etc. I agree with previous posters about condensation. It's a false economy to try to keep the heat in too much and make the house damp instead. In Spain it's sensible to air the house during the day wherever possible. We close the venting windows in the evening and put up with a few drops from the condensation on the glass roof. but by day we'll tend to leave them open.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 3:42 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Further to my earlier post about convector heaters being the best bet for an electrical room heater (apart from A/C) Lidl have this one on sale soon.

http://www.lidl.es/cps/rde/xchg/lidl...ndex_23709.htm
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
Has anyone used these, would appreciate your views

All electric heaters have the same efficiency, they are all resistance heaters and all the heat comes out in the room.
Anyone trying to tell you their electric heater is more efficient is a snakeoil salesman.

Last edited by Rotor; Dec 6th 2011 at 8:39 am.