Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

aki wall heaters

aki wall heaters

Old Nov 15th 2011, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aki wall heaters

Originally Posted by Lynn R
My oil filled radiator is 1500w, with 2 heat settings. Even on full, it made hardly any difference in my living room - if I sat about a foot away from it, I could feel the warmth on my legs, but that's all!
I agree with you, as we have used these radiators and find that the heat just rises to the ceiling and sits there until it cools enough to fall back to the floor! I find a fan heater of the same power circulates warm air so at least we get the benefit of it, before it heads to the highest point in the room. I am tempted to invest in a portable gas heater for the winters from now on.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 7:26 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonboy
I agree with you, as we have used these radiators and find that the heat just rises to the ceiling and sits there until it cools enough to fall back to the floor!
If you have a ceiling fan switch it to the slowest setting with the air being circulated upwards, this recirculates the warmer air that has gathered there. It is a method used in many of the old factories in the UK.

Graham
Old Nov 16th 2011, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

I find they are great to use Spanish style by sticking them underneath a table where ppl.are gathered around, thereby utilising the power used and heat created to maximum effect.
I can picture it now, the family all huddled around an oil filled rad trying to keep warm! You folks know how to live!
Old Nov 16th 2011, 9:36 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonboy
I agree with you, as we have used these radiators and find that the heat just rises to the ceiling and sits there until it cools enough to fall back to the floor! I find a fan heater of the same power circulates warm air so at least we get the benefit of it, before it heads to the highest point in the room. I am tempted to invest in a portable gas heater for the winters from now on.
I wouldn't be without ours.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 10:15 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I can picture it now, the family all huddled around an oil filled rad trying to keep warm! You folks know how to live!
I've been in a couple of Spanish homes recently where they had just that - a small heater under the dining table to keep everyone warm whilst they eat (and these are fairly well-off people).
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

We use wall mounted electric fan heaters, with variable heat and fan speeds,(they come with a remote) in our bathrooms. They look like mini A/C units.

They are, as far as I know purpose made for bathrooms, and are safe and efficient. They heat up the bathroom very quickly and as they are only on for a short while, whilst we shower, they are cheap to run.

Certainly do a better job than the old element type (ie the old Dimplex type we had in the UK years ago) that we had before these new ones.

All electric shops sell them.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

lovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nice

Originally Posted by spainrico
We use wall mounted electric fan heaters, with variable heat and fan speeds,(they come with a remote) in our bathrooms. They look like mini A/C units.

They are, as far as I know purpose made for bathrooms, and are safe and efficient. They heat up the bathroom very quickly and as they are only on for a short while, whilst we shower, they are cheap to run.

Certainly do a better job than the old element type (ie the old Dimplex type we had in the UK years ago) that we had before these new ones.

All electric shops sell them.
This sounds like a good solution! Will look into it.

We are having our wood burning stove fitted today and I am SO excited After ten years of being miserably cold at times in the winter I just can't wait to try it out!
Old Nov 17th 2011, 5:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I've been in a couple of Spanish homes recently where they had just that - a small heater under the dining table to keep everyone warm whilst they eat (and these are fairly well-off people).
Throughout one winter I was attending a craft group in a large freezing cold room. We had two of these heaters under a long table and I was amazed that I was so warm. I thought that it would warm the front of our bodies and that our backs would be cold but I was warm all the way through. Amazing for such small devices.

Rosemary
Old Nov 17th 2011, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by jimenato
I wouldn't be without ours.
Someone told me that these can cause awful condensation, is that true?

Rosemary
Old Nov 17th 2011, 6:50 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Someone told me that these can cause awful condensation, is that true?

Rosemary
That depends on many factors such as ventilation.

What you cannot avoid is the fact that burning a 12.5kg bombona produces nearly 20 litres of water which has to go somewhere.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
That depends on many factors such as ventilation.

What you cannot avoid is the fact that burning a 12.5kg bombona produces nearly 20 litres of water which has to go somewhere.
Anyone know what bottle gas heating costs as an equivalent to say a 1KWH heater?
I just bought one too and haven't had to change the bottle yet but it seems cheaper than either electricity or lena.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by agoreira
You folks know how to live!
Sure do. Went up to the roof terrace at 4.30 yesterday afternoon to tend my plants, the sun was wonderful so I decided to fetch my book and enjoyed an hours read in the sun.

Rosemary
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:04 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Anyone know what bottle gas heating costs as an equivalent to say a 1KWH heater?
I just bought one too and haven't had to change the bottle yet but it seems cheaper than either electricity or lena.
According to my calculations gas is about half the price of electricity in terms of cost per kw.

That only applies to the 12.5kg bottles as they are heavily subsidised compared to the very large bottles.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

I read somewhere that the 12.5 Kg bottle is supposed to last about 56 hours in a normal gas heater on medium.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by lyric050203
I read somewhere that the 12.5 Kg bottle is supposed to last about 56 hours in a normal gas heater on medium.
That is really useful information. It sounds great value for money.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.