Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Airport Taxi Transfers

Airport Taxi Transfers

Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:57 am
CHICLANABABE1

chiclanababe1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Airport Taxi Transfers

Can anyone tell me if it is legal to do taxi runs in our own car if we get insurance to carry paying passengers. My husband is self employed so pays taxes etc. Or do I need a special licence.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:31 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airport Taxi Transfers

Originally Posted by chiclanababe1
Can anyone tell me if it is legal to do taxi runs in our own car if we get insurance to carry paying passengers. My husband is self employed so pays taxes etc. Or do I need a special licence.
legally you do need to be licensed, but there are probalby hundreds of people doing airport runs in most areas that are NOT licensed. In some areas the legal Taxi people are not happy, and try to stop people. No idea how you go about getting licence.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
legally you do need to be licensed, but there are probalby hundreds of people doing airport runs in most areas that are NOT licensed. In some areas the legal Taxi people are not happy, and try to stop people. No idea how you go about getting licence.
There was a thread on here a few weeks ago about it, they got a licence and ins to do it.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Gestoria is an unknown quantity at this point

To carry passengers for hire & reward you require a permit for the driver and the car must pass a special ITV (MOT). The vehicle must also display a sticker SP.

Read your insurance documents thoroughly, you may find that the insurance is invalid if you use the vehicle to carry fare paying passengers.