Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Airport security, baggage items?

Airport security, baggage items?

Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Airport security, baggage items?

Hi all,
What's all the bizz regarding what you can and can't take in your hand luggage?
When my daughter recently flew, she had a clear plastic snap seal bag which had to have certain things and of certain size and weight inside for inspection at boarding.(e.g. small deodorant,toothpaste etc)
Also I saw people having to remove certain jewelery and some having to take off their shoes. I have looked on Ryanair site and apart from the usual list of blatantly obvious things to start a war, there was no mention of little plastic bags.
Can someone point me in the right direction.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airport security, baggage items?

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
Hi all,
What's all the bizz regarding what you can and can't take in your hand luggage?
When my daughter recently flew, she had a clear plastic snap seal bag which had to have certain things and of certain size and weight inside for inspection at boarding.(e.g. small deodorant,toothpaste etc)
Also I saw people having to remove certain jewelery and some having to take off their shoes. I have looked on Ryanair site and apart from the usual list of blatantly obvious things to start a war, there was no mention of little plastic bags.
Can someone point me in the right direction.
Here, under security!
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs....kingguidelines
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
I'm glad you are awake
I'd never have thought of looking there. What a palava just to get on a plane these days.

Many, many thanks.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

The plastic bag thing started after the attempted terrorist attack at Glasgow airport a few years ago. They have been in place since then. Its all to do with liquids etc. to make bombs.

Always remember to take a plastic bag with you or else you have to buy them at the airport - a good money making racket.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:51 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

What a palava just to get on a plane these days.
Well, I guess it's better than being blown through the window at 35000ft!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fred James
nothing wrong with a bit of fresh air while your flying!!!!!!

Old Jul 8th 2009, 1:21 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer
The plastic bag thing started after the attempted terrorist attack at Glasgow airport a few years ago. They have been in place since then. Its all to do with liquids etc. to make bombs.

Always remember to take a plastic bag with you or else you have to buy them at the airport - a good money making racket.
How many bombs are made of liquids though, apart from the grand kids water bombs ? lol
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:19 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=twistedmelon;773358
What a palava just to get on a plane these days.
[/QUOTE]

Certainly is,....just one of the reasons I moved from the Canaries to the mainland.
Now able to drive where I want, when I want ,with little hassle and feel in control of my own destiny.

Ten or fifteen year ago I could just walk into TF or NCL airport any of 3 days each week at off peak times and step straight on a less than half full plane for absolute peanuts,......pick my own 3 seats, stretch out and enjoy the trip.

Now I think cattle heading of to market get better treatment!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

I suppose the aerosol ban is so it can't be used as a flame-thrower, given that the propellant is butane, but have you ever tried to light the spray from a can of shaving foam

JDR it can be done(making an explosive from liquids).... however I'm not going to say how

Last edited by dunmovin; Jul 8th 2009 at 2:24 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunmovin
I suppose the aerosol ban is so it can't be used as a flame-thrower, given that the propellant is butane, but have you ever tried to light the spray from a can of shaving foam

JDR it can be done(making an explosive from liquids).... however I'm not going to say how
So they allow a butane filled lighter (could be highly dangerous in the hands of a terrorist) and fags, but not the thing that would extinguish them, a bottle of water. doh.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was thinking of the old days, when you just went to the travel agent who did the doings and all you had to do was walk up to check in and get on a plane.
Sorry I'm going Ryanair , what can you say.
I may well have to open window though at 1 euro a pee.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking of the old days, when you just went to the travel agent who did the doings and all you had to do was walk up to check in and get on a plane.
Sorry I'm going Ryanair , what can you say.
I may well have to open window though at 1 euro a pee.

Thought they´d changed their minds on that one?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 11:46 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
How many bombs are made of liquids though, apart from the grand kids water bombs ? lol
Nitroglycerin for a start!
Old Jul 9th 2009, 11:59 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Nitroglycerin for a start!
Yes, but very unstable to move if not frozen and usually has to be used with a detonator, which would be picked up by scans.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

I had a sealed, unopened jar of Pataks aubergine pickle confiscated when I tried to smuggle it through Birmingham airport in my hand luggage.

The woman that took it off me said that it was a sort of paste and was more than 100ml.

Dangerous stuff that aubergine pickle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.