AIRBOXSPAIN

Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:35 am
Just Joined

elraso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AIRBOXSPAIN

Friend of mine just had this installed 279 euros nothing to pay for 12 months then 15 euro a month, gets sky, espn, all sports and access to loads of films. as well as bbc itv and over 50 channels,seems very good ,anyone know different or is it as good as seems.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:30 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AIRBOXSPAIN

Its just another Internet based system - there are loads around.

You can get the main UK channels via the Internet for free without a set top box by using a laptop or tablet.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 11:40 am
Just Joined

elraso is an unknown quantity at this point

yes Fred,thanks for your reply ,i have a converter box that gets me vga to tv via computer (i only have VGA on my computer ) But this system does not have all the wires and seems much simpler,my knowlegge of these things not great,but do know that you do need an internet connection for it to work
Old Feb 10th 2013, 6:24 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is a simple solution but expensive.

There are loads of ads at the moment for this sort of system. My advice would be to wait and see exactly what happens to the current satellite transmissions in the summer before doing anything. Nobody is 100% sure what will happen.

These boxes are available from loads of sources and if the screens really do go blank in July then there will be increased competition and the prices will plummet.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

derekandpat is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking at this system only today according to sales team any football match can be seen even Sky sports is accessible as part of the package also any film which seems good value for money.I can not connect my Lap Top computer to my Panasonic Plasmer TV (as email to Panasonic said) even though it has a HDMI socket it is not compatable. So looks a good alternative unless someone can tell me why not.
Derek Ward also from El Raso
Old Feb 17th 2013, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: AIRBOXSPAIN

Originally Posted by derekandpat
I was looking at this system only today according to sales team any football match can be seen even Sky sports is accessible as part of the package also any film which seems good value for money.I can not connect my Lap Top computer to my Panasonic Plasmer TV (as email to Panasonic said) even though it has a HDMI socket it is not compatable. So looks a good alternative unless someone can tell me why not.
What email address did you contact Panasonic on I wish to do the same with a technical query. My Acer laptop connects easily with an HDMI lead to my panasonic plasma TV.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 17th 2013 at 9:05 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 9:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have a Panasonic Plasma TV and can connect my lap top to it quite simply
I have a VPN router and can connect to Netflix, iplayer etc. It cost me $75 for the VPN
Old Feb 18th 2013, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well I have a Panasonic Plasma TV and can connect my lap top to it quite simply
I have a VPN router and can connect to Netflix, iplayer etc. It cost me $75 for the VPN
I wish mine were that simple I can plug my computer into my freinds system that I set up for him and it works straight away but not mine Panasonic say the TV is not compatable with computers.
Regards Derek Ward
Old Feb 18th 2013, 2:33 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

The main problems with internet TV are a) you need a reliable high speed internet connection, which is far from guaranteed in Spain, b) when you're watching TV your internet slows to a crawl, and c) the quality of the films and TV shows is usually not anywhere near as good as on satellite.

Long ago, Telefonica convinced us to sign up for their internet TV, which actually worked about one hour per week, and even when it did work, the picture quality was horrible, blocky and jerky too, yet we still had to pay for it, because Telefonica refused to cancel the contract (you're obliged to keep paying for a year whether it works or not), but that was long ago. If that's what you could expect, I can see why people would assume a PC is the only alternative.

We have an older AppleTV box, which is brilliant, but I don't like being locked into getting everything from ITunes. And you have to wait for the system to download HD films to get good quality. But I reckon you have to wait with any of them.

If you don't want all the fuss with using your laptop, then get a cheap Android TV box (€50-€100), which can receive any of the internet TV content, plus full internet surfing, messaging, and all the same things you do on a PC, in full HD (obviously you need a subscription for the subscription services and possibly some sort of proxy to make it appear that you're in the UK, but you'd need that for some providers anyway).

Personally, I wouldn't dedicate a laptop to my TV or fuss with all the cables and other nonsense when you can spend under €100 and get a dedicated box that's open and not married to any one provider, and does everything anyway. I have an Android Phone and it plays almost anything, and there's an app for whatever it doesn't.

Hubby just ordered an Android TV box on Ebay for €69. I hope it works as well as the phone. We'll see how it works.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 2:36 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I wish mine were that simple I can plug my computer into my freinds system that I set up for him and it works straight away but not mine Panasonic say the TV is not compatable with computers.
Regards Derek Ward
Im assuming, unlike mine, that you dont have a PC slot on the back of the TV and can change the AV to "PC"?
Old Feb 18th 2013, 2:40 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by amideislas
The main problems with internet TV are a) you need a reliable high speed internet connection, which is far from guaranteed in Spain, b) when you're watching TV your internet slows to a crawl, and c) the quality of the films and TV shows is usually not anywhere near as good as on satellite.

Long ago, Telefonica convinced us to sign up for their internet TV, which actually worked about one hour per week, and even when it did work, the picture quality was horrible, blocky and jerky too, yet we still had to pay for it, because Telefonica refused to cancel the contract (you're obliged to keep paying for a year whether it works or not), but that was long ago. If that's what you could expect, I can see why people would assume a PC is the only alternative.

We have an older AppleTV box, which is brilliant, but I don't like being locked into getting everything from ITunes. And you have to wait for the system to download HD films to get good quality. But I reckon you have to wait with any of them.

If you don't want all the fuss with using your laptop, then get a cheap Android TV box (€50-€100), which can receive any of the internet TV content, plus full internet surfing, messaging, and all the same things you do on a PC, in full HD (obviously you need a subscription for the subscription services and possibly some sort of proxy to make it appear that you're in the UK, but you'd need that for some providers anyway).

Personally, I wouldn't dedicate a laptop to my TV or fuss with all the cables and other nonsense when you can spend under €100 and get a dedicated box that's open and not married to any one provider, and does everything anyway. I have an Android Phone and it plays almost anything, and there's an app for whatever it doesn't.

Hubby just ordered an Android TV box on Ebay for €69. I hope it works as well as the phone. We'll see how it works.
As I think I said, I can stream at 2 Mb, but its a bit iffy sometimes My daughter has 10Mb in the UK and its faultless. In general it is accepted that you need around 3 Mb for normal tv and 4-5 for HD.

Another option is through an XBox or Playstation 3, if you have one you can watch TV through it
Old Feb 18th 2013, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

Regards Derek Ward
That's sounds very odd, unless its an old TV. I was connecting my laptop to a Panasonic plasma over 6 years ago, although in those days it was via a VGA connection. These days, my 3 year old plasma has 3 hdmi inputs, one is connected to my Apple TV, one is for my skybox, and thenother for my laptop, although I never use that now, as an IPad with a VPN is a much easier and better way of streaming via the Apple TV. It also works with an iPhone.

What model is your TV

Last edited by CapnBilly; Feb 18th 2013 at 3:39 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by amideislas

Sounds interesting but what can you get?
Check out Airboxspain on the web I have seen this working on a 42 inch Plasma and quality is very very good see what you think. I am also using a movie channel from the web no ticks bangs or pops and continuos flow Briliant (Megashare) mind you you never know how long this will last before its cut off. Watched yesterday Skyfall and two other movies no problems.
Derek
Old Feb 18th 2013, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Im assuming, unlike mine, that you dont have a PC slot on the back of the TV and can change the AV to "PC"?
Correct Mitzyboy

Last edited by derekandpat; Feb 18th 2013 at 5:20 pm. Reason: missed name
Old Feb 18th 2013, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

By the way my TV is a 3 years old Panasonic Viera 42 inch plasma and again only yesterday I asked the Question of Panasonic and they again stated Not compatable to a computer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.