Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ahhhh!! remember those???

ahhhh!! remember those???

Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:08 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future
Default Re: ahhhh!! remember those???

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
we never had a co op .... we wuz stuck out in the middle of nowhere with a small village greengrocers, a butchers and a newspaper shop ..... we used to dream of co op divvies
I don't remember my mum having a co-op number, but I can remember going to the co-op to buy her milk checks on a Saturday. Either red or blue - I think they changed each time the price went up.

and just remembered green shield stamps ... I used to think it was real treat to be able to stick them in the book for my mum.

Sharon
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

The soft caramel in chocolate, was shaped a little like a flattened "dogs bone" came in a red and brown foil wrapper???
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Snats has a spectacular aura aboutSnats has a spectacular aura aboutSnats has a spectacular aura about

OMG feast your taste buds on this site . . . I'm off to get my credit card

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Snats has a spectacular aura aboutSnats has a spectacular aura aboutSnats has a spectacular aura about

Nutty Bars!!!!

How could we forget such an imaginative name
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:18 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Snats
Nutty Bars!!!!

How could we forget such an imaginative name
Arghhh!! Yes!!! why did they stop making them?? e need a campaign like the Wispa bar one on facebook!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:39 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by montgomail
I remember - weren't they called Jubblies? Mind you, I am prone to weird dreams too .......

yes they were called jubblies, I listed them in my post but I must have spelt it wrong
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
The soft caramel in chocolate, was shaped a little like a flattened "dogs bone" came in a red and brown foil wrapper???
They were called 'Toffee Cup' I think.'
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:48 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Ration coupons that you had to give the shopkeeper for a small bar of chocy or a small bag of sweets to share with the whole family.
Bloody hard times for a kid, look at the choice they have now......
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Bloody hard times for a kid, look at the choice they have now......
Too right, our first house had an outside toilet and Izal toilet paper. We had no bathroom so bathnight was on Sundays in a tin bath in front of the fire where me and my brother had to share the water.

Chopping firewood and filling the coal scuttle on a winter's morning, then lighting the fire. Took ages to get warm.

Washing day was Monday and I can still smell the damp clothes as they came out of the copper and mum threaded them through the mangle. We always had a steamed meat suet pudding on Monday cos mum used to cook it in the copper with the clothes.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:16 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Chris, theres a whole thread on Izal.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469205
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
Chris, theres a whole thread on Izal.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469205
Just read it. Tee hee.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:13 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Too right, our first house had an outside toilet and Izal toilet paper. We had no bathroom so bathnight was on Sundays in a tin bath in front of the fire where me and my brother had to share the water.

Chopping firewood and filling the coal scuttle on a winter's morning, then lighting the fire. Took ages to get warm.

Washing day was Monday and I can still smell the damp clothes as they came out of the copper and mum threaded them through the mangle. We always had a steamed meat suet pudding on Monday cos mum used to cook it in the copper with the clothes.
Wouldn't it taste soapy
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

This is one for Derby Flan!

Stamps or Discount?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lionda
Wouldn't it taste soapy
Absolutely, I still put som Persil in my gravy to this day.

No, I'm not sure of the technicalities (I was rather young) but I believe it was in a sealed container of some kind.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:17 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
I think the non choc sweets were better than the choc ones. Apart from Chewing Nuts which I loved but they could fetch your fillings out in seconds.

Does anyone else eat Haribo? I love the stuff.

Hi Ragomuffin
Love the Tangtastic ones YUM YUM - love giving them to the kids at school and watching their faces - bad bad lady .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.