Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ahhhh!! remember those???

ahhhh!! remember those???

Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:30 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold
Default ahhhh!! remember those???

Just to expand on a couple of postings in a thread a few days ago, what do you miss from your youth, I don't mean being able to see you toes without your belly being in the way, or your boobs staying in the same place when you take your bra off..... but things like Aztec bars as leighbloke mentioned, or anything you particularly loved that now you're a grown- up, you don't feel you can indulge in (like Nesquick or Rainbow drops!) because it makes you look daft!!!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ahhhh!! remember those???

Originally Posted by silverchick
Just to expand on a couple of postings in a thread a few days ago, what do you miss from your youth, I don't mean being able to see you toes without your belly being in the way, or your boobs staying in the same place when you take your bra off..... but things like Aztec bars as leighbloke mentioned, or anything you particularly loved that now you're a grown- up, you don't feel you can indulge in (like Nesquick or Rainbow drops!) because it makes you look daft!!!
Them little biscuit things with piped icing sugar on top, WTF were they called?????
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:00 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Them little biscuit things with piped icing sugar on top, WTF were they called?????
midget gems!!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

midget gems!!
No they're like wine gums!! Iced Gems, thanks for the nudge!!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:05 pm
Fed up in England!!

No they're like wine gums!! Iced Gems, thanks for the nudge!!
oh you are right!! i liked those scented floral gums too yum!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

ZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really nice

oh you are right!! i liked those scented floral gums too yum!
Were they called Parma Violets, they were something Violets, little purple ones that tasted like flowers?

Garibaldi biscuits.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:14 pm
Fed up in England!!

Originally Posted by ZoeOddJob
Were they called Parma Violets, they were something Violets, little purple ones that tasted like flowers?

Garibaldi biscuits.
No they were gums, tiny litle ones, you can still get Parma violets though, and giant ones too!!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

No they were gums, tiny litle ones, you can still get Parma violets though, and giant ones too!!
Floral gums were like cherry lips - liked them too!!

and that coconut tobbacco (if in doubt double letters!!) stuff
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

Polly66 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats why we have children so we can still buy black jacks, penny sweets, flying saucers and flumps and share, one for you and two for mummy have you not played that game
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Polly66
thats why we have children so we can still buy black jacks, penny sweets, flying saucers and flumps and share, one for you and two for mummy have you not played that game
Black Jacks = black tongue & loose filling!! ACE!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Floral gums were like cherry lips - liked them too!!

and that coconut tobbacco (if in doubt double letters!!) stuff
The coconut tobacco was called Spanish Gold.

What about chocolate tools, jamboree bags, sherbert pips, World Cup Willie lollies, Glees and Anglo Bubbly chewing gum packs with collectable cards in them. I remember the American Civil War cards were the first I collected in the early 60s. But I might be a bit older than you.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:30 am
Fed up in England!!

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
The coconut tobacco was called Spanish Gold.

What about chocolate tools, jamboree bags, sherbert pips, World Cup Willie lollies, Glees and Anglo Bubbly chewing gum packs with collectable cards in them. I remember the American Civil War cards were the first I collected in the early 60s. But I might be a bit older than you.
I loved 'chewing tobacco' and bazzoka bubble gum. There is a shop in Herne Bay that sells all the old fashioned sweets. but sometimes, they just don't taste the same!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

space dust - exploding in your mouth

hubba bubba

10p mixes at the tuck shop at school

mint choc chip twin top from the ice cream man

wearing leg warmers and looking COOL

being able to roller skate without falling over and breaking my ankle

thats a few off the top of my head
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:41 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spain
space dust - exploding in your mouth :eek:

hubba bubba

10p mixes at the tuck shop at school

mint choc chip twin top from the ice cream man

wearing leg warmers and looking COOL being able to roller skate without falling over and breaking my ankle

thats a few off the top of my head
I used to love the space dust If I remember right, it was bright orange.

Leg warmers were fab, I remember wearing mine with jeans and white court shoes
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

What about toys?

Chad Valley Bowl-a-Strike, Johnny 7, Etch-a-Sketch, Spirograph and 3 colour torches.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.