Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice on these area's please?

Advice on these area's please?

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice on these area's please?

Hi

Can anyone tell me what these areas are like good or bad.

1st Miraflores

2nd Calahonda

3rd Hacienda Mijas golf

4th Top of riviera Flamingo park golf (Mijas costa)

These are the areas that i have been looking at for property

Thanks in advance

Miss N xxx
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on these area's please?

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi

1st Miraflores

2nd Calahonda

3rd Hacienda Mijas golf

Thanks in advance

Miss N xxx
Hi, if you move to any of these areas then you will be quite close to where we are,

1st Miraflores....looks nice, near to beach, had friend on beach side opposite it, but can´t comment on what it would be like to live there, think it is used mainly by holiday makers, but may be wrong.

2nd Calahonda...I like Calahonda, but it is quite a large area, we have friends with property high up on the hill, that is nice up there, but lots of building work going on, so in a few years who knows????

3rd Hacienda MijasGolf....not sure, the Hacienda Hotel at Mijas is in a nice position, overlooking Fuengirola, so if near there would be good, nice views, not too far from coast and it is quiet up there.

4th Riviera...Just along from Calahonda, also been to friends who have place there, nice little bars and rrestaurantsand although close to N340 was not noisy.

Hope this helps a bit, would be good if someone lives in any of these places, because when you visit you do not see what it is like day in day out. La Cala, Calahonda also looks nice, nice little town, but once again only visited, do not know what it would be like on a day to day basis.

Good Luck
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Hi, if you move to any of these areas then you will be quite close to where we are,

1st Miraflores....looks nice, near to beach, had friend on beach side opposite it, but can´t comment on what it would be like to live there, think it is used mainly by holiday makers, but may be wrong.

2nd Calahonda...I like Calahonda, but it is quite a large area, we have friends with property high up on the hill, that is nice up there, but lots of building work going on, so in a few years who knows????

3rd Hacienda MijasGolf....not sure, the Hacienda Hotel at Mijas is in a nice position, overlooking Fuengirola, so if near there would be good, nice views, not too far from coast and it is quiet up there.

4th Riviera...Just along from Calahonda, also been to friends who have place there, nice little bars and rrestaurantsand although close to N340 was not noisy.

Hope this helps a bit, would be good if someone lives in any of these places, because when you visit you do not see what it is like day in day out. La Cala, Calahonda also looks nice, nice little town, but once again only visited, do not know what it would be like on a day to day basis.

Good Luck

Hi

Thanks for that, the places we are looking at are newish and we thought the areas would be good for renting out for holiday makers until we decide to move there.

xxx
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Not heard of any of them
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:42 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

All these areas are overbuilt and it is very hard to let out. Thousands of them are empty nearly all the year. All these apartments wouldn't happen to be AIFOS would they? if so do a lot of research before you buy!!!

The area arund La Cala is ok.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jackytoo
All these areas are overbuilt and it is very hard to let out. Thousands of them are empty nearly all the year. All these apartments wouldn't happen to be AIFOS would they? if so do a lot of research before you buy!!!

The area arund La Cala is ok.
Whats afios?
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:57 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

It is a development/construction co. They have recently changed their name to something else but can't remember it. I have a friend who bought off them and that was Hacienda mijas golf.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jackytoo
It is a development/construction co. They have recently changed their name to something else but can't remember it. I have a friend who bought off them and that was Hacienda mijas golf.
The company i was looking at going through was costalessproperty based in Fuengirola?
Some were new some was resale and they started from about 210,000
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:22 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi

1st Miraflores

2nd Calahonda

3rd Hacienda Mijas golf

Thanks in advance

Miss N xxx
Hi

Family did have a place in Calahonda for about 20 years - just behind El Zoco (the strange pink building which houses the supermarket and bars/restaurants). We loved the area, La Cala and the marina at Puerto Capobino, but sold 2.5 half years ago because the place was just getting SO over-crowded in high season. No space on the beach, our favourite restaurants not worth visiting because service was so slow and neighbouring properties renting their places out to what seemed to be far too many people at one time. I appreciate that some people love places to be crowded, but it was just too much for us! We still like it out of season though!

Sharon
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:28 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Miss Naughty,I have just been reading a post of yours on another thread (Miss Naughty) and read your plans I have got to give it to you for wanting to give Spain another go and admire your enthusiasm,but I do worry a bit for you,Im thinking that it is going to be at least three years before you plan on moving out to live permanatly,in the meantime you are considering buying to rent...............do be careful , I have been looking at rental properties for months now and believe you me some are empty and not let,you could find yourself with a property with a mortgage that has to be covered and if you hit tricky waters in the meantime a property unable to sell,OMG I really dont want to dampen your spirits but there is an influx of property rentals,if you are lucky you may find someone to rent it long term thus perhaps covering your mortgage until you are in a position to move,Im SORRY I think if it was me Id save and put it on hold until you are in the position to make the move, then to be quite honest I still would not buy,rent yourselves, there are plenty places to choose from........at the end of the day the decision is yours and I really do wish you and your family the best... be careful
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi

Thanks for everyones help and advice i will keep you posted on what we will do?

I think we are just risky people which sometimes is a bad thing, but we cant help it lol.

Anyway Thank you all again xxxx
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Dropped in at Calahonda once last year on our way through to visit someone in Algeciras. €3.00 for two coffees!!! Wont be calling again.

I remember a Miraflores being one of the places all the time share touts were trying to get people to visit a few years ago via the scratch cards. Is this the same place??
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
Dropped in at Calahonda once last year on our way through to visit someone in Algeciras. €3.00 for two coffees!!! Wont be calling again.

I remember a Miraflores being one of the places all the time share touts were trying to get people to visit a few years ago via the scratch cards. Is this the same place??
You are right, Miraflores is a BIG time share complex, there are other places nearby, like the place our friend had on beach side of the road, which was nice, nice beach, little beach bar etc., and quite quiet, but that was out of season, high season with all the places taken at Miraflores the beach could get packed.

Thought Ms.Naughty was looking to buy and live not rent, would think very hard about that Ms Naughty, places near us always full during summer, but now quite a few empty, and three owners are selling, but hard, seems too many two bedroomed properties for sale and so a lot of owners have had to drop their prices by quite a lot.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi

And thank you all for your commentsxx

We will be renting it out to for people on holidays until the middle child has left school which is 2009 and then move out there.

We are not worried about renting it out in the quiet months as we can use it.

We dont want it near them scratch cards psychos WE had enough of them last time however MR N found the art of telling them to fu*$ off. So i think miraflores is a no no now.

We will keep looking as i would not mind spending my xmas there.

xxxxx
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Hi,

Be careful. Buying property, with a view to renting, is not a good idea at the moment. There are far too many properties available, even in summer! If your ability to repay the mortgage on it is dependent on you being able to rent it out, think twice...or maybe more than twice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.