Advice re Visa

Old Aug 14th 2021, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Advice re Visa

Hi All
Have popped across from the France forum
We have friends in the UK whose niece is "in lurve" with a Spanish man who she met whilst he was living and working in the UK He did not apply for UK Settled Status as he had been offered a full time job back in Spain. They wanted to be together and so she decided to move out to Spain.When I was told this story I immediately warned that she would need a Visa However I was told in no uncertain terms that she would not because Ricardo (the boyfriend) was going to sort it all out when she got over there Despite my best efforts I was ignored she quit her job gave up her rented flat and she and her cat went to Spain. Of course you know what happened next-90 day stamp in passport Ricardo takes her to wherever you have to go to get residency I assume the town hall who put them right on the facts of life after Brexit. So in a little while she will be returning to the UK to live with her aunt and I was asked if I could help. I have obviously checked the official site for the required documentation which is broadly similar to France She does not have a job to go to in the UK at the moment so has no income They are not married nor in any form of civil or legal partnership Soooo....What visa should be applying for and what are the chances of her actually getting one and how should she sort out health insurance for the Visa (I have looked at a post on this subject) And if by a miracle she does get a Visa can she get married and what would be the health care situation when she is there permanently.
Frankly it is a right mess but she would not listen
Old Aug 14th 2021, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice re Visa

Here is a link to the Spanish visas:

https://visaguide.world/europe/spain-visa/

She will initially need to apply for a visa at the Spanish embassy while she is still living in the UK.

She will be required to meet the income and healthcare requirements for the visa. If she is successful then she can come over to Spain and apply for residency within the first 90 days.

Steve
Old Aug 14th 2021, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Marriage, springs to mind. That should clarify the relationship. Otherwise my thoughts are with the poor English speaking cat, which is caught in an unenviable situation.
Old Aug 14th 2021, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tebo53
Here is a link to the Spanish visas:

https://visaguide.world/europe/spain-visa/

She will initially need to apply for a visa at the Spanish embassy while she is still living in the UK.

She will be required to meet the income and healthcare requirements for the visa. If she is successful then she can come over to Spain and apply for residency within the first 90 days.

Steve
I would assume someone so young would not be able to use the NLV so her route to Spain may be an uphill struggle. As this does not allow working.

And the rules have changed recently all the NLV notes now say you have to apply for residency WITHIN ONE MONTH of arrival.

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consula...IVE%20VISA.pdf

Old Aug 14th 2021, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

That is correct barriej so she must study from the link which visa will suit best. I doubt at her age they will accept an application for a NLV. She will still need to satisfy the requirements for income and healthcare which ever visa is best.

Steve
Old Aug 15th 2021, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. My limited experience with Visas did lead me to the conclusion that Marriage was the best if not the only option but she needs to sort this out herself. She is 50 yrs old FGS!!!! In respect of the cat it was an indoor animal before but now it is out and about in the olive grove along with the boyfriends cat terrorising the local lizard population
Once again thanks very much I will push her in the right direction
Old Aug 15th 2021, 12:19 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

If they were in a civil partnership in the UK or were living together for at least a year and can prove it with bank accounts, bills, and so on, she can apply for a Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de ciudadano de la Unión instead of a usual post-Brexit British citizen.

Civil partnership:

Pareja con la que mantenga una unión análoga a la conyugal e inscrita en un registro público establecido en un Estado miembro de la Unión, o en un Estado parte en el Espacio Económico Europeo y siempre que no se haya cancelado dicha inscripción. Las situaciones de matrimonio e inscripción como pareja registrada se considerarán, en todo caso, incompatibles entre sí.
Living together:

Pareja de hecho no inscrita con la que mantenga una relación estable debidamente probada al acreditar la existencia de un vínculo duradero. En todo caso se entenderá la existencia de ese vínculo si se acredita un tiempo de convivencia marital de, al menos, un año continuado, salvo que tuvieran descendencia en común, en cuyo caso bastará la acreditación de convivencia estable debidamente probada. Las situaciones de matrimonio y pareja se considerarán, en todo caso, incompatibles entre sí.
Old Aug 15th 2021, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that I do not think it applies as he had gone to Spain for his job so I think they are going to do marriage/civil ceremony etc