Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

advice needed...

advice needed...

Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

anthonypjsmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice needed...

Hi all, Im ready to take the plunge and leave everything behind in the UK (i dont have a house a partner or any kids) and want to start a new life in spain, I was thinking of packing my job in here and jumping on a plane and who knows what next?

could you help with the best course of action please?

a
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:01 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice needed...

Originally Posted by anthonypjsmith
Hi all, Im ready to take the plunge and leave everything behind in the UK (i dont have a house a partner or any kids) and want to start a new life in spain, I was thinking of packing my job in here and jumping on a plane and who knows what next?

a
welcome to BE

do a search of the forum first

these will start you off

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=1204682

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=1204702
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
welcome to BE

do a search of the forum first

these will start you off

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=1204682

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=1204702
Lynn, It doesn't work when you do that! That link will only work on your pc!
Tim
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:11 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Tim

oh yeah - I forgot that!!

Last edited by lynnxa; Nov 10th 2008 at 7:17 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

a
Well done for having the guts to do this. My father wanted to retire to Spain, but got terminal cancer before he reached 60 and spent his last few months thinking about what could have been. So if you have got itchy feet you should definitely do something about it.

Have you thought about how you will fund your move? It will more than likely be a while before you get settled into a good new job, assuming that you will be looking for one. So you can expect to be dipping into your savings for several months.

If you need to work when you get here, what will you do?

Learning Spanish will be essential if you want to broaden your career horizons, and of course make Spanish friends.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Tim
Yeah it`s a really helpful search facility ain`t it.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 9:52 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

a
anthony the best course of action would be frequent the rich play areas and latch on to a verry ritch old ugly boot.and be her play thing/toy boy and spend all her money.failing that you could just take any job going just to pay your keeps.like fruit picking or some thing and you could pick up spanish at the same time.you have no ties and if you have nothing you have nothing to loose.you can alway go back if it dosnt work out for you.better to have tryed and faild than to spend your life wondering what if.best of luck
Old Nov 11th 2008, 12:51 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by betris
anthony the best course of action would be frequent the rich play areas and latch on to a verry ritch old ugly boot.and be her play thing/toy boy and spend all her money.failing that you could just take any job going just to pay your keeps.like fruit picking or some thing and you could pick up spanish at the same time.you have no ties and if you have nothing you have nothing to loose.you can alway go back if it dosnt work out for you.better to have tryed and faild than to spend your life wondering what if.best of luck

Piccy of betris looking for a new position............

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

a
Yep, if you have no ties to the UK and you're well aware there may not be a pot at the end of the rainbow but don't mind searching, give it a go..... Search this site & you'll have oodles of info to think about & help you weigh up the odds. Just don't make the seemingly classic (from the number of enquiries I've seen in such a short time) mistake of thinking a few thousand in the bank & faltering Spanish will be good enough to clinch you a year in the sun, a job & a rosy future. All that having been said, you're better placed than most to take the leap of faith.
All the best with whatever you decide to do.