Advice

Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:41 pm
jennydor

jennydor will become famous soon enoughjennydor will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Advice

Ok,
My husband and myself have just been released from work as the department we worked for has closed down,
We had a permenant contract and have been with the company for 27 months. We have paid tax and social security throughout our time in employment.
What happens now? are we entitled to unemployment benefit? (does it exist in this country? )
We have a mortgage, we bought our own place last September, are the payments reduced until we find another job? or do we stand to lost our apartment.
As it was only the weekend we were told we were out of work, we have been in quite a daze, so havent known what to do, Any site I can visit that will explain procedure when this happens?
Thanks in advance
jen
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice

Originally Posted by jennydor
Ok,
My husband and myself have just been released from work as the department we worked for has closed down,
We had a permenant contract and have been with the company for 27 months. We have paid tax and social security throughout our time in employment.
What happens now? are we entitled to unemployment benefit? (does it exist in this country? )
We have a mortgage, we bought our own place last September, are the payments reduced until we find another job? or do we stand to lost our apartment.
As it was only the weekend we were told we were out of work, we have been in quite a daze, so havent known what to do, Any site I can visit that will explain procedure when this happens?
Thanks in advance
jen
yes as far as I know you will be entitled to unemployment benefit - you will get a % of what you used to earn for a certain number of weeks then (again as far as I know) it will stop

do let us know how you get on
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:04 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I can't help but I am interested in following this thread to read any replies. All information is helpful for future reference.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:45 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

This info might help
http://www.spainlawyer.com/guialegal...ITULO=16010000
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Free beer thread .....
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennydor
Ok,
Thanks in advance
jen
Yes you will be entitled to UB.

You will need to go to the Ministerio de Trabajo y Asuntos Sociales/Instituto de Empleo.

You will need

NIE Certificate
Passport
Signed Certificado de Empresa from the company you worked for.
Work contract
Informa de Vida Laboral
Spanish Bank Account Details

You must report to the office as above within 15 working days from when your contract was terminated! IMPORTANT!

Fill out the green form ' Alta Incial' SOLICTUD de prestacion contributiva

I would suggest that if you are missing any forms from your ex company go to the Unemployment office anyway so at least your claim is recognised. Then the 15 day thing does not apply.

I was on a part time permanent contract until March this year, been with company over two years.

Your money gets paid into Bank Account every month!!! does take about two months to come through after initial claim but is back dated. You have to go and have interviews with SERVEF (Job seekers office) every so often. And go to sign on every three months!

My Spanish is very basic if your's is the same take someone with you, I managed to do it though.

I have never been on the 'Rock and Roll' (before I get any work dodger comments) but it was quite an easy process and you have paid into the system so are entitled to it.

I also have a mortgage, but not sure how that stands. Maybe speak to your lender. Good luck.