Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advaned driving in Spain?

Advaned driving in Spain?

Old Sep 9th 2010, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

JPJPJP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advaned driving in Spain?

Back home I was (and still am technically) a member of the RoADAR advanced driving set up

Is there anything similar here in Spain.... Institute of Advanced Motorists or similar?

Cheers
Old Sep 9th 2010, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advaned driving in Spain?

They can barely drive so wouldn't have any use for an advanced organisation, least from what I have witnessed whilst driving around! Having said that the driving standard is pretty good compared to that of the french (appalling)
Old Sep 9th 2010, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Advanced drivers in Spain double park on roundabouts.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Originally Posted by JPJPJP
Back home I was (and still am technically) a member of the RoADAR advanced driving set up

Is there anything similar here in Spain.... Institute of Advanced Motorists or similar?

Cheers
I am guessing that you haven't driven for long in Spain (forgive me if I am wrong) or you would find the idea of an I.A.M in Spain faintly ridiculous. Mind you, I have just spent a few weeks driving in France and they are worse than the Spanish.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

truckergareth is a jewel in the roughtruckergareth is a jewel in the roughtruckergareth is a jewel in the roughtruckergareth is a jewel in the roughtruckergareth is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JPJPJP

Cheers
Your in the right area to check with Andalucia Classic Car Club. If not RACE are quite helpful
Old Sep 10th 2010, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

People are so out of date. Spanish driving standards have improved no end in the last 10 years. It is now one of the better countries in Europe for road safety, and considering you can actually go very fast on Spanish motorways, thats good going!

A Spanish friend of mine did a weekend advanced drivig course at Montmeló, the track near Barcelona, they teach you how to drive when icey and avoid accidents etc. Apparently these are offered all over the country.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
and considering you can actually go very fast on Spanish motorways,
Uk motorway speed limit 70 mph

Span motorway speed limit 75 mph

Not a lot faster
Old Sep 10th 2010, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Uk motorway speed limit 70 mph

Span motorway speed limit 75 mph

Not a lot faster
I was thinking more about congestion. And people use motorways much more in Spain than the UK for their daily motoring. There are a lot more of them! In the cities I lived in the UK you rarely got the chance of going more than 40mph unless going on a long journey.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:41 am
Just Joined

JPJPJP is an unknown quantity at this point

I was never especially impressed with the general standard of driving in the UK really - most of the advanced driving techniques are about anticipating the actions of others and making sure you are out of the way when they do something daft....

so far I haven't seen anything in Spain that I hadn't already seen in the UK
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

People are so out of date. Spanish driving standards have improved no end in the last 10 years. It is now one of the better countries in Europe for road safety, and considering you can actually go very fast on Spanish motorways, thats good going!

A Spanish friend of mine did a weekend advanced drivig course at Montmeló, the track near Barcelona, they teach you how to drive when icey and avoid accidents etc. Apparently these are offered all over the country.
Sure they have inproved but the standard is still very very low
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

They drive so close you can see what they ate for breakfast, but dont think it aggresive, just dont think they realise the consequences, I dont think they are any better now than several years ago and certainly when it rains here, which is rare, they dont understand the concept of slippy roads, many accidents happen,

One thing I will give them though is their motorways driving is excellentm they over take and pull over, no flashing of lights if you are a nano second slower patiently wait for you.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pwwm
One thing I will give them though is their motorways driving is excellentm they over take and pull over, no flashing of lights if you are a nano second slower patiently wait for you.

I must live in a different Spain to you
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=pwwm;8838615]They drive so close you can see what they ate for breakfast, but dont think it aggresive, just dont think they realise the consequences, I dont think they are any better now than several years ago and certainly when it rains here, which is rare, they dont understand the concept of slippy roads, many accidents happen,

One thing I will give them though is their motorways driving is excellentm they over take and pull over, no flashing of lights if you are a nano second slower patiently wait for you.[/QUOTE]

guess your taking the **ss
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I must live in a different Spain to you
The problem I have on the motorways is the tourists who drive at 80km/h in the middle lane. There is nothing more dangerous or inconsiderate!

Or the ones that stop at the end of the slip roads. Very rarely do you need to stop although I agree the Marbella Malaga road is very difficult.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

The problem I have on the motorways is the tourists who drive at 80km/h in the middle lane. There is nothing more dangerous or inconsiderate! Or the ones that stop at the end of the slip roads. Very rarely do you need to stop although I agree the Marbella Malaga road is very difficult.
You are also describing 90% of Spanish drivers Have you ever driven in Spain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.