Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advance Passenger Information

Advance Passenger Information

Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:33 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Advance Passenger Information

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
I have travelled quite a few times to Poland and Spain this year and have never been asked for this information .
British Airways and BMI Baby. I have booked flights for February I wonder if they will contact me ????

It's not needed Poland to Spain, I think both country's are part of the Schengen.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

clareba is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeanc
There is no-one on the desk at passport control in Spain when a flight from Uk lands you just go straight through.
Lucky you! When we fly into Granada we still have to queue up and go through passport control.
Although they do wave through anyone with a UK passport or Spanish ID card. But they do carefully check anyone from other countries coming in.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

booked with ryanair yesterday, it didnt ask for API details as with all previous flights, anyone know if you dont have to supply this info anymore ? I have even gone into "manage booking" todya and it still doesnt ask for it
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
booked with ryanair yesterday, it didnt ask for API details as with all previous flights, anyone know if you dont have to supply this info anymore ? I have even gone into "manage booking" todya and it still doesnt ask for it
I am flying Easy jet tomorrow and we have had to supply it, also for flights next year
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:51 am
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes - I've had to supply it for the last couple of years, I fly Ryanair, easyjet and bmibaby but can't remember if they all ask for it

I'm pretty sure that with Ryanair it comes up in big red writing on the first page of booking, and I too have had an email if I'd missed it.

(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 3rd 2009 at 11:25 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Elly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by spain
Yes, you do. This is the link on their page.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs....uest=countries
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Don't please assume there'll be no-one at passport control when a UK flight lands - got in to Malaga last night Ryanair & there were not one but two booths operating (may of course have been another flight not from UK at the same time).... and yes we did have to provide API. As with EasyJet for ages now.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:04 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Don't please assume there'll be no-one at passport control when a UK flight lands - got in to Malaga last night Ryanair & there were not one but two booths operating (may of course have been another flight not from UK at the same time).... and yes we did have to provide API. As with EasyJet for ages now.
When we arrived at Alicante a few weeks ago there was a full check of passengers at passport control .... first time for a very long time
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

I have travelled into Alicante airport every 6 - 8 weeks for the last 2 1/2 years and up until this year there has never been anyone on passport control. This year 3 times there has. Thought that was the reason behind API, that you don't have to show your passport. Also at Murcia in April, I'm confused by it all
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

Hi
If its the same as BMI baby, if you are a regular traveller, and have registered with them and already given the details, it may not ask you again.
Our details are already held under " my account".
LMJ
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmj50
Hi
If its the same as BMI baby, if you are a regular traveller, and have registered with them and already given the details, it may not ask you again.
Our details are already held under " my account".
LMJ
Same applies with EasyJet, except of course you may be booking for passengers you've not booked for before so they have to ask each time; would have thought that must apply somehow or other with BMI & the rest too.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

I fly every other weekend and I cant remember the last time I wasn't asked to fill it in .I generally use Monarch and Easy and used to use Ryanair . On Monarch Website its quite easy to miss it but Easyjet its right in your face top left of screen .Ryanair used not to let you proceed to booking until you clicked you had read the requirement not necessarily done it though ,must admit I have overlooked it ocassionaly on Monarch and no one said didly to me