Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advance Passenger Information

Advance Passenger Information

Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advance Passenger Information

We have just received an email seemingly from Ryanair requiring us to submit passport details etc for advance notification to the Spanish authorities. It does not seem unreasonable but we have not been required to so this before, (and we have been out several times in the last 12 months).

Does anyone know. Daft question really - on this site someone ALWAYS knows.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future
Default Re: Advance Passenger Information

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
We have just received an email seemingly from Ryanair requiring us to submit passport details etc for advance notification to the Spanish authorities. It does not seem unreasonable but we have not been required to so this before, (and we have been out several times in the last 12 months).

Does anyone know. Daft question really - on this site someone ALWAYS knows.
Can't believe its genuine..I would not do it... check where the email link points to. Probably a far away land.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

I have checked and it is strange, which is why I am asking. I don't have problem with Ryanair - you get what you pay for -but at times like this their inaccessibility can be frustrating.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
I have checked and it is strange, which is why I am asking. I don't have problem with Ryanair - you get what you pay for -but at times like this their inaccessibility can be frustrating.
The most I would do is return the email to the genuine Ryanair for further clarification.
Even Pony Blair would not have requested passport details by email...and he did some strange things...maybe he is after your identity
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

gardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nice

Yes that is correct, most fill it in when booking but perhaps you booked before the new regs came in or you just didn't see it but it is now a requirement for entry into Spain.
ps. Spain brought this regulation in almost immediately and long before they had to.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:15 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

It's not just Ryanair all airlines have to do it, there is a thread on here already about it, it's something to do with a treaty between certain European countries and UK did not sign it along with another country, It is a lergal requirement, usually when you book the question pops up but sometime it does not. I have had to do this on a nuber of occasions. It only for when you fly from UK to one of these countries not when hyou fly back. Hope that helps
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by encodeme
The most I would do is return the email to the genuine Ryanair for further clarification.
Even Pony Blair would not have requested passport details by email...and he did some strange things...maybe he is after your identity
It's not by e-mail you have to go into the Ryanair website give your booking number and do it throught their secure system.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:18 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

API has been required by the Spanish authorities for flights from non-Schengen countries for some time now
http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/aviation/i...assinfo?page=1
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/notic...i-notice-en-GB
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crispy
It's not just Ryanair all airlines have to do it, there is a thread on here already about it, it's something to do with a treaty between certain European countries and UK did not sign it along with another country, It is a lergal requirement, usually when you book the question pops up but sometime it does not. I have had to do this on a nuber of occasions. It only for when you fly from UK to one of these countries not when hyou fly back. Hope that helps
I'm amazed, never heard about it before, but we don't fly direct to Spain.
Who and what information is collected, and is it by an encripted link?
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
API has been required by the Spanish authorities for flights from non-Schengen countries for some time now
http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/aviation/i...assinfo?page=1
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/notic...i-notice-en-GB

That's it, I knew it had a proper name and it began with S. Thanks Hillybilly
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks all- helpful as always. The bit that concerned me was the email link, but I have found the direct link on Ryanir's website. I just don't understand why we have been able to get away with it two or three times this year alone
Old Dec 27th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

I have travelled quite a few times to Poland and Spain this year and have never been asked for this information .
British Airways and BMI Baby. I have booked flights for February I wonder if they will contact me ????
Old Dec 27th 2008, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
I have travelled quite a few times to Poland and Spain this year and have never been asked for this information .
British Airways and BMI Baby. I have booked flights for February I wonder if they will contact me ????
You don't have to add API if you travel with Thomsonfly either but this is because you still have to check in at the desk, and you get a seat number even if you have hand luggage only so they collect the info then. I use ryan air loads and have had to supply it every time and Easy jet too but only UK to Spain if booking a flight back to Uk you don't have to supply it.., There is no-one on the desk at passport control in Spain when a flight from Uk lands you just go straight through.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

anyone that checks in at the airport and not online has the information taken there from where it is passed on. Ryanair do it online as another cost saving excersize. Saves them employing staff to look after us plebs.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:09 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
anyone that checks in at the airport and not online has the information taken there from where it is passed on. Ryanair do it online as another cost saving excersize. Saves them employing staff to look after us plebs.
Like you say the law has been out for ages now, just different ways of extracting it from you. ;-))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.