Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Acreditación de no residentes

Acreditación de no residentes

Old Nov 16th 2023, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Acreditación de no residentes

Originally Posted by softlad
I do use Wise and I started a thread a month or so back and somebody suggested getting a card with them (could have been yourself). I need to bone up a bit on how having an account works in practice. At the moment I pay €120 pa to be with Sabadell. Not exactly a fortune but, as we get free banking in the UK and I am never overdrawn it feels a bit of a rip off. Thanks for your reply.
I would take a guess that you are english.

So please take a look at the requirements for a non resident to open a bank account on the island... I think you will find it more daunting if not impossible...

Good luck...
Old Nov 16th 2023, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

softlad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by growinspain
I would take a guess that you are english.

So please take a look at the requirements for a non resident to open a bank account on the island... I think you will find it more daunting if not impossible...

Good luck...
Not sure what your point is. I suppose you are Spanish and are referring to opening a bank account in the UK? I have no idea how difficult or otherwise that might be. Why should I? I'm sorry but what you have posted is just an example of "whataboutery". I'm merely asking about a British non-resident looking for a cheaper bank account here in Spain. Sorry if this thread has upset you in some way.
Old Nov 17th 2023, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Wise now pay 'cashback' on accounts which makes it an even better deal but I am keeping my Sabadell open as well at the moment as I get free banking with them as I have insurance policies etc but if that changes I will shut it down.
Old Nov 17th 2023, 9:24 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently as a non-resident (I visit 8/9 times a year and own property here) I need the above document which I believe I get from the local comisaría.​​​​​​
I have never heard of anyone needing any such document but then I only know about the Canaries where people have a chilled attitude towards everything.

Have you tried a different branch or going in on a day when a different person is at the desk?

In addition to Wise you might also be able to get a Spanish IBAN by signing up with N26. You just need to do it with your local address/phone details in Spain (including NIE) or else you might end up with a Belgian IBAN or something like that. Not sure how things are after brexit as they shut down their UK services after that, so maybe someone else can pitch in how they treat British passport-holders who sign up for new accounts nowadays (proof of Spanish residency or just type in your NIE?).
Old Nov 17th 2023, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
I have never heard of anyone needing any such document but then I only know about the Canaries where people have a chilled attitude towards everything.

Have you tried a different branch or going in on a day when a different person is at the desk?

In addition to Wise you might also be able to get a Spanish IBAN by signing up with N26. You just need to do it with your local address/phone details in Spain (including NIE) or else you might end up with a Belgian IBAN or something like that. Not sure how things are after brexit as they shut down their UK services after that, so maybe someone else can pitch in how they treat British passport-holders who sign up for new accounts nowadays (proof of Spanish residency or just type in your NIE?).
N26 was attractive for me but the last time I looked they ship your card to your Spanish address and I havent managed to coordinate registering and being in Tenerife long enough to be sure of receiving (bearing in mind the post there can be hit and miss depending on how its sent) You do also actually have to declare that you are resident but again last time I looked it was a tick in the box and the delivery to your address satisfies it beyond that.
Old Nov 17th 2023, 11:41 am

astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
N26 was attractive for me but the last time I looked they ship your card to your Spanish address and I havent managed to coordinate registering and being in Tenerife long enough to be sure of receiving (bearing in mind the post there can be hit and miss depending on how its sent) You do also actually have to declare that you are resident but again last time I looked it was a tick in the box and the delivery to your address satisfies it beyond that.
The card should arrive within 7-10 days and everything will go smoothly if you provide all the local details including your NIE. It might also be a good idea to give them a one-off "green light" to use your phone's location to help validate your account and ensure that it is verified asap (no need to provide location thereafter).

For residency they assume it's Spain but as you mentioned I think it's just a check-box to confirm.

I bet thousands upon thousands of non-residents with any interests here (property owners, car owners, "perpetual tourists," etc.?) have these N26 accounts with their official address listed as a Spanish one.
Old Nov 17th 2023, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by astera
The card should arrive within 7-10 days and everything will go smoothly if you provide all the local details including your NIE. It might also be a good idea to give them a one-off "green light" to use your phone's location to help validate your account and ensure that it is verified asap (no need to provide location thereafter).

For residency they assume it's Spain but as you mentioned I think it's just a check-box to confirm.

I bet thousands upon thousands of non-residents with any interests here (property owners, car owners, "perpetual tourists," etc.?) have these N26 accounts with their official address listed as a Spanish one.
Sorry, who or what is an N26 account? Does anyone have a link. Many thanks.
Old Nov 17th 2023, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, who or what is an N26 account? Does anyone have a link. Many thanks.
Love your bank | Voted "Best Bank in the World 2023" - N26 Choose your country and language.
Old Nov 17th 2023, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joppa
Thanks. I'll take a butcher's.
Old Nov 19th 2023, 2:06 pm

Thanks. I'll take a butcher's.
They're operating on a German license and your funds are insured up to €100,000.

You can set up all Spanish direct debits to go from this account too.