Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Acreditación de no residentes

Acreditación de no residentes

Old Nov 16th 2023, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

softlad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Acreditación de no residentes

Looking to open a bank account in Spain with Bankinter. Apparently as a non-resident (I visit 8/9 times a year and own property here) I need the above document which I believe I get from the local comisaría. Is that right? Seems nuts even by the standards of Spanish bureaucracy that you need a document to prove that you don't have the other one (residente). Does have anybody have any experience of this? As always, many thanks for any help and advice
​​​​​​
Old Nov 16th 2023, 2:59 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Acreditación de no residentes

Originally Posted by softlad
Looking to open a bank account in Spain with Bankinter. Apparently as a non-resident (I visit 8/9 times a year and own property here) I need the above document which I believe I get from the local comisaría. Is that right? Seems nuts even by the standards of Spanish bureaucracy that you need a document to prove that you don't have the other one (residente). Does have anybody have any experience of this? As always, many thanks for any help and advice
​​​​​​
This is right.

Maybe it's nuts but the alternative of gathering together all the details of your life outside Spain and getting them translated to prove you don't live in Spain is more nuts.
Old Nov 16th 2023, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought of using Wise?
Old Nov 16th 2023, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DLC
This is right.

Maybe it's nuts but the alternative of gathering together all the details of your life outside Spain and getting them translated to prove you don't live in Spain is more nuts.
Good point. I'll call in the cop shop before I head home in a couple of days, if I get the chance to start the ball rolling. Thanks for the reply.
Old Nov 16th 2023, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spainrico
Have you thought of using Wise?
I do use Wise and I started a thread a month or so back and somebody suggested getting a card with them (could have been yourself). I need to bone up a bit on how having an account works in practice. At the moment I pay €120 pa to be with Sabadell. Not exactly a fortune but, as we get free banking in the UK and I am never overdrawn it feels a bit of a rip off. Thanks for your reply.
Old Nov 16th 2023, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, one thing I should have asked, did this document always exist or is it just a post Brexit thing?
Old Nov 16th 2023, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

If you own property do you pay tax on it as a non resident ? ..... surely this in itself formally proves non residency.
Old Nov 16th 2023, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by UKMS
If you own property do you pay tax on it as a non resident ? ..... surely this in itself formally proves non residency.
Sorry not sure I understand the question. I have just paid off the mortgage. Are you talking about the tax non-residents pay on the coast as the authorities assume you must rent it out for some of the year because you don't live there full time? I'm in Madrid. I might be in for a nasty shock but I don't believe that exits in Madrid. I do pay Madrid council tax of about €200 pa.
Old Nov 16th 2023, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry not sure I understand the question. I have just paid off the mortgage. Are you talking about the tax non-residents pay on the coast as the authorities assume you must rent it out for some of the year because you don't live there full time? I'm in Madrid. I might be in for a nasty shock but I don't believe that exits in Madrid. I do pay Madrid council tax of about €200 pa.
This is a quick snip from an online informational

Non-Resident Imputed Income Tax

Non-Resident Imputed Income Tax (Impuesto sobre la Renta de No Residentes - IRNR) applies to non-resident property owners who do not rent out their Spanish property. This tax is levied on the property even if it is only for personal use or remains vacant throughout the year. The submission of this tax is done annually through the Spanish Tax Form Modelo 210, to the Agencia Tributaria (national tax authority). The deadline is 31st December each year, for the previous year

Old Nov 16th 2023, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

This is a quick snip from an online informational

Non-Resident Imputed Income Tax

Non-Resident Imputed Income Tax (Impuesto sobre la Renta de No Residentes - IRNR) applies to non-resident property owners who do not rent out their Spanish property. This tax is levied on the property even if it is only for personal use or remains vacant throughout the year. The submission of this tax is done annually through the Spanish Tax Form Modelo 210, to the Agencia Tributaria (national tax authority). The deadline is 31st December each year, for the previous year
In a nutshell any non resident who pays this is registered as a non resident and a copy of your tax return would be proof that you are such (but sounds as though you dont )
Old Nov 16th 2023, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. I have never paid this tax. Sounds like I should have been and am somehow under the radar. How much would I pay and how is it calculated. How best to keep avoiding it? 😂
Old Nov 16th 2023, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks. I have never paid this tax. Sounds like I should have been and am somehow under the radar. How much would I pay and how is it calculated. How best to keep avoiding it? 😂
Others with greater knowledge im sure will chip in. I dont have the calculation or exact amount to hand but I pay 2-300euro per year on an apartment that is never rented and just our bolthole. I also pay tax based on rental income for another apartment. Cant advise how to stay under the radar ha ha . A slight tangent I just discovered by accident that our council tax bill was unpaid from 2014 due to an error on the direct debit, we have paid every year since then and never had a single reminder about 2014, 400euro bill had become 600 as they had added penalty interest. (This is all in Tenerife North).
Old Nov 16th 2023, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

All things considered with the risk of having to pay that tax I was not aware of, I think I'll either bite the bullet and stick with Sabadell or see if a Wise account works for me. I think I'll swerve getting the non-residents document as I risk being remumbled for the above mentioned tax.
Old Nov 16th 2023, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Others with greater knowledge im sure will chip in. I dont have the calculation or exact amount to hand but I pay 2-300euro per year on an apartment that is never rented and just our bolthole. I also pay tax based on rental income for another apartment. Cant advise how to stay under the radar ha ha . A slight tangent I just discovered by accident that our council tax bill was unpaid from 2014 due to an error on the direct debit, we have paid every year since then and never had a single reminder about 2014, 400euro bill had become 600 as they had added penalty interest. (This is all in Tenerife North).
Thanks for the information. I do pay the council tax and am glad to do so. I know these things are often comparing apples with oranges but Madrid, even the really working class district where I live, has a standard of cleanliness that would make most British city dwellers weep.
Old Nov 16th 2023, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

All things considered with the risk of having to pay that tax I was not aware of, I think I'll either bite the bullet and stick with Sabadell or see if a Wise account works for me. I think I'll swerve getting the non-residents document as I risk being remumbled for the above mentioned tax.
We have a Sabadell account and I use Wise in combination. I was going to ditch Sabadell but then decided against it as too much hassle. Wise mostly works well but I have had a couple of direct debits fail even though they seemed to be set up correctly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.