Reload this Page >

4/5 bed villa in Javea needed

4/5 bed villa in Javea needed

Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

elogic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 4/5 bed villa in Javea needed

Originally Posted by lynnxa
there are lots of villas - we rent (not a villa though we have rented a villa in the past)

we have always had to have the phone installed ourselves - and the internet

look for a villa first then find out if it's possible to have a landline & ADSL installed
I work from home as a web designer, i need the villa to already have a telephone line installed.....waiting for telefonica to install ADSL takes long enough....cant wait for them to install a phone line that may never happen

(i have lived in spain for 3 years already, telefonica are the company from hell lol)
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elogic
I work from home as a web designer, i need the villa to already have a telephone line installed.....waiting for telefonica to install ADSL takes long enough....cant wait for them to install a phone line that may never happen

(i have lived in spain for 3 years already, telefonica are the company from hell lol)
When we first arrived we rented a house that we were told had a phone line. Needless to say, it didn't! This was in an inland town. The agent checked with the owner, then contacted Telefonica and the line was in in two days. Unfortunately at the time, ADSL wasn't available, but you should be Ok in Javea, as long as it's not too far out of the town.
Also, there are other options too, a dongle or 2-way satellite. My sat set up is actually cheaper than a Telefonica landline and ADSL, neither of which is available here.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

elogic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by valenciatim
When we first arrived we rented a house that we were told had a phone line. Needless to say, it didn't! This was in an inland town. The agent checked with the owner, then contacted Telefonica and the line was in in two days. Unfortunately at the time, ADSL wasn't available, but you should be Ok in Javea, as long as it's not too far out of the town.
Also, there are other options too, a dongle or 2-way satellite. My sat set up is actually cheaper than a Telefonica landline and ADSL, neither of which is available here.
Dongles out of the question - Overpriced and limited data use, and bad signal in most areas.

2-way satellite - overpriced install fee of 500euros +, alot slower than ADSL and when its rains it goes off

like i said telefonica adsl is my only option
Old Jan 31st 2009, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elogic
Dongles out of the question - Overpriced and limited data use, and bad signal in most areas.

2-way satellite - overpriced install fee of 500euros +, alot slower than ADSL and when its rains it goes off

like i said telefonica adsl is my only option
Fair comment re the dongles. Yes the sat install fee can be steep, but that is usually because you are buying the kit. Don't agree though with sat links being a lot lower than ADSL. Many areas of Spain are hard pushed to get better than 2 meg ADSL, and it has to be really severe rain for the sat link to go off.