Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

21 year-old wanting to leave London for Spain

21 year-old wanting to leave London for Spain

Old Nov 24th 2012, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Sir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 21 year-old wanting to leave London for Spain

[QUOTE=cricketman;10398942]This is brilliant - an internet trawl about negative news stories in Spain, I bet it didnt take you long to find them

This is brilliant - an internet trawl about negative news stories in Spain, I bet it didnt take you long to find them.

About 2 clicks of the mouse
about 3 clicks of the mouse for mogsmum

reosting of mogsmum has much to be proud of:-

this did make me smile i went through and found the same stories is

UK
Greece
USA
France
Ireland
well actuall the world in general

bugger now where am I going to go

HEAVEN!!

Paris
Old Nov 24th 2012, 2:50 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

yet another potentially useful post blown off course by a diatribe of misleading and biased postings.

we see them come on BE Spain, having been for 7-10 days holiday in the sun courtesy of Ryanscare and think that the magic they had would be the same for 24/7/365. They want to pack their bags and live their dream and it turns into a nightmare.
And whose fault is that ? Oh quite obviously Spain, for not providing them with the benefits safety net, for obviously being a foreign country with its own language, culture, history, not pandering to those idiot enough to think that they can come here and everyone will bow down and rush around to meet their needs.

If you wouldnt move from Staines to Surbiton without looking into jobs, schooling, cost of rent, cost of living then if you move to Spain without thinking about these things then it is your fault.

Nice to live in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by olives, but when you have to drive the kids 5miles to the main road to be picked up by the school bus at 0730 and be there to pick them up again after school it starts to get a bit wearing. Then you find they aren't learning much because they can't speak the language. And because the supermarket is 25miles away you have to buy in bulk and put it in the freezer - but you lose the lot due to powercuts. And that all important water, from your own well - fine but when the level drops and you have little to no pressure, then just blame it all on Spain. And its no use watching Spanish television, its not in English, so you must get your daily dose of the pap generated by BBC/Sky etc from your own dish, but your Sky card runs out and you don't know what to do. Thats OK blame it all on the Spanish.

So when you make stupid life style decisions just phone the Daily Mirror, Daily Mail, Express and a few others and tell them your story about how the uncaring Spaniards, who have their own problems, didnt teach you the language, didnt drop everything to help YOU.

Quite honestly - pathetic and deserve everything you (don't) get.

`
Old Nov 24th 2012, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Sir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
yet another potentially useful post blown off course by a diatribe of misleading and biased postings.

we see them come on BE Spain, having been for 7-10 days holiday in the sun courtesy of Ryanscare and think that the magic they had would be the same for 24/7/365. They want to pack their bags and live their dream and it turns into a nightmare.
And whose fault is that ? Oh quite obviously Spain, for not providing them with the benefits safety net, for obviously being a foreign country with its own language, culture, history, not pandering to those idiot enough to think that they can come here and everyone will bow down and rush around to meet their needs.

If you wouldnt move from Staines to Surbiton without looking into jobs, schooling, cost of rent, cost of living then if you move to Spain without thinking about these things then it is your fault.

Nice to live in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by olives, but when you have to drive the kids 5miles to the main road to be picked up by the school bus at 0730 and be there to pick them up again after school it starts to get a bit wearing. Then you find they aren't learning much because they can't speak the language. And because the supermarket is 25miles away you have to buy in bulk and put it in the freezer - but you lose the lot due to powercuts. And that all important water, from your own well - fine but when the level drops and you have little to no pressure, then just blame it all on Spain. And its no use watching Spanish television, its not in English, so you must get your daily dose of the pap generated by BBC/Sky etc from your own dish, but your Sky card runs out and you don't know what to do. Thats OK blame it all on the Spanish.

So when you make stupid life style decisions just phone the Daily Mirror, Daily Mail, Express and a few others and tell them your story about how the uncaring Spaniards, who have their own problems, didnt teach you the language, didnt drop everything to help YOU.

Quite honestly - pathetic and deserve everything you (don't) get.

`
Old Nov 24th 2012, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

mogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=paris hilton;10399217]
Originally Posted by cricketman
This is brilliant - an internet trawl about negative news stories in Spain, I bet it didnt take you long to find them

This is brilliant - an internet trawl about negative news stories in Spain, I bet it didnt take you long to find them.

About 2 clicks of the mouse
about 3 clicks of the mouse for mogsmum

reosting of mogsmum has much to be proud of:-

this did make me smile i went through and found the same stories is

UK
Greece
USA
France
Ireland
well actuall the world in general

bugger now where am I going to go

HEAVEN!!

Paris
i have nooooooooooooooo idea what you are trying to say.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

jonomurphy3 is an unknown quantity at this point

....hahah!

OT: I'm thinking of going to an 'olé' language school, accommodation etc. in June for 3 months in Barcelona. Reckon it'll be worth it? Any idea how much money I should save up (aside from the costs of living/the studying/etc) for general use/survival!? Thanks again in advance. Sorry if I repeat myself, I'm just very eager to get all the calculations done asap. If anyone can recommend other spanish schools/whatnot, that's awesome too.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonomurphy3
....hahah!

OT: I'm thinking of going to an 'olé' language school, accommodation etc. in June for 3 months in Barcelona. Reckon it'll be worth it? .
No idea what it costs nowadays, but it'll certainly be worth as regards learning Spanish. I'd have suggested maybe staying with a Spanish family as your learning continues after you leave the school, it's like extra classes thrown in. Also try not to spend all your free time with any other Brits that maybe in your class, you'll end up speaking English. Better with Spanish, or even with other foreigners, the common language will be Spanish. I can remember having regular conversations with a Japanese girl in our class in Spanish as she knew no English and I don't know a word of Japanese!
Old Dec 6th 2012, 1:17 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Facebook are hiring in Barcelona - they are throwing in free Spanish/Catalan lessons too
http://jobs.justlanded.com/en/Spain_...epresentatives
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

jonomurphy3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one! I sent an email (I have experience in what the lady is looking for)