2011-2013 tour

Old Jun 29th 2010, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

m.kelly977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2011-2013 tour

hi, i'm mike and relatively new to the internet and brand new to BritishExpats, i'm planning a trip down through france and spain from spring 2011 to winter 2012. as two couples in a 7 berth motor home we are hoping to subsidies our trip with a bit of work, myself and russell for the last 30 years have worked in the building industry and we are also licencees(publicans) are partners are also hard working with varied back grounds but presently in pub management.
we have several weeks of non urgent work for uk friends which we will fit in when we have prepared our route .

we are NOT looking for 2 years work but maybe 4-6months to break the trip and maybe decide what we want to do or settle in the future.

we will be fully equipped to carry out carpentry, roofing, plastering, tiling, decorating, kitchen fitting and we could also run a busy bar.

we not looking to earn a fortune but to subsidies a long holiday now the kids have flown the nest.

if any one has any ideas, it will be good to hear them.

i will also keep you posted on where we are going and what we're doing if i havent bored you to death yet watch this space!
Old Jun 30th 2010, 9:27 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2011-2013 tour

Originally Posted by m.kelly977
hi, i'm mike and relatively new to the internet and brand new to BritishExpats, i'm planning a trip down through france and spain from spring 2011 to winter 2012. as two couples in a 7 berth motor home we are hoping to subsidies our trip with a bit of work, myself and russell for the last 30 years have worked in the building industry and we are also licencees(publicans) are partners are also hard working with varied back grounds but presently in pub management.
we have several weeks of non urgent work for uk friends which we will fit in when we have prepared our route .

we are NOT looking for 2 years work but maybe 4-6months to break the trip and maybe decide what we want to do or settle in the future.

we will be fully equipped to carry out carpentry, roofing, plastering, tiling, decorating, kitchen fitting and we could also run a busy bar.

we not looking to earn a fortune but to subsidies a long holiday now the kids have flown the nest.

if any one has any ideas, it will be good to hear them.

i will also keep you posted on where we are going and what we're doing if i havent bored you to death yet watch this space!
If things don`t change then you will struggle to...
Get insurance for your motorhome for that length of time.
It is illegal to park a motorhome anywhere in Spain but a licenced camp site.
You will struggle to get any work.
Check out times you are allowed to stay in the countries without the need to register as residents etc.
Can you speak the languages ?