Reload this Page >

Lawyers and Accountants info needed

Lawyers and Accountants info needed

Old Jun 13th 2010, 11:50 am
Just Joined

maxnpaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Lawyers and Accountants info needed

Hello,

My husband and I are looking to move to Mallorca full time later this year, can anyone recommend a good english/spanish speaking or spanish/english speaking lawyer. Also we plan to set up our own business, and will require a good accountant based in Mallorca.

We have been learning spanish, but its not nearly good enough yet to deal with legal matters.

Does anyone have recommendations from experience, or know where I can find such people or information.

Many Thanks
Old Jun 13th 2010, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

James Salobrena will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lawyers and Accountants info needed

I have found that it is always best to have a local accountant and depending on what you will need a lawyer for a local lawyer (eg for land purchase).

Most the ones I know of are at best regular, they start off ok but the standards seem to always deteriorate. Had a very bad experience with a business accountant in Andalucia and part of the problem is that in SPain you really often do not have any idea what they should be doing and when.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lawyers and Accountants info needed

Originally Posted by James Salobrena
I have found that it is always best to have a local accountant and depending on what you will need a lawyer for a local lawyer (eg for land purchase).

Most the ones I know of are at best regular, they start off ok but the standards seem to always deteriorate. Had a very bad experience with a business accountant in Andalucia and part of the problem is that in SPain you really often do not have any idea what they should be doing and when.

I`d personally advise againt a local lawyer for property purchases as they are often related to the vendor or the vendor will be a regular client of your lawyer! particularly in small towns.

As for the deterioration of service quality, I could not agree more.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

maxnpaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Lawyers and Accountants info needed

Thanks for the advice, i'll carry out more local research when we get back there.