20.000!

Old Feb 27th 2010, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice
Default Re: 20.000!

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Just to cross the t's and dot the i's . The place to register in Ayamonte is the town hall office whose entrance is on the corner opposite the Laguna cafe. (the one round the corner is for paying your taxes) We just took along a proof of address (utility bill) passports and NIEs - and that was sufficient for registering with the empadromemiente. The lady who does the registration has no English but it is very patient and has a copy of a newspaper article in English which explains the process which she uses as a prompt. Took about 10 minutes and we had to return 3 days later to pay a small sum to get the signed and stamped certificates from the cashier on the ground floor.
We will be doing this next time we visit. (Left it to the end last time, and then forgot to take a utility bill.) Better luck next time.

Steve
Old Feb 27th 2010, 6:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
We will be doing this next time we visit. (Left it to the end last time, and then forgot to take a utility bill.) Better luck next time.

Steve
Ask her what the charge is for as it is usually a free service.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Ask her what the charge is for as it is usually a free service.
The charge was very small 1,80 Euros or so each - it was a fee for the signed and stamped certficates - not the registration. Something like stamp duty.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:33 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
The charge was very small 1,80 Euros or so each - it was a fee for the signed and stamped certficates - not the registration. Something like stamp duty.
Oh right, it`s free here cos they encourage registering to get the adequate services for the area.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 20.000!

Originally Posted by jdr
Oh right, it`s free here cos they encourage registering to get the adequate services for the area.
its free to register in Ayamonte the €1.30 fee was for a signed certificate from the Mayor!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:00 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Ayamonte´s population grew to 20.000 inhabitants:
http://www.huelvainformacion.es/arti...abitantes.html
Here it is in English (Google)

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi SL
It is very easy to do this in Ayamonte, the Lady/Gentleman who does this is just to the right as you enter the main doors of the Ayuntamiento Offices. All we needed 3 years ago was our deed of sale for the Parcela (Escritura), NIE and passports. We chose to have the certificate signed by the then Mayor so had to wait 3 days to collect at a cost of euro 1.30 but I think if we had just wanted to register it would not have cost anything. I went in last week to apply for Solicitud De Voto but was told it was not necessary!

There have been reports from other areas that now you have to produce your Residencia to be allowed to sign the Padron. Can you confirm this?
I just call the Town Hall. I just confirmed again that all registered voters no Spanish must present SOLICITUD DE VOTO. If you do not submit before the next election, the INE (Instituto Nacional de Estadística) will send to your address of Ayamonte a document which ask where you want to vote.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer
I just call the Town Hall. I just confirmed again that all registered voters no Spanish must present SOLICITUD DE VOTO. If you do not submit before the next election, the INE (Instituto Nacional de Estadística) will send to your address of Ayamonte a document which ask where you want to vote.
It is now not much more than 6 months to the next Municipal elections.

Why is this IMPORTANT the current Mayor who has failed to call in the first BANK GUARANTEE WORTH MORE THAN ONE MILLION EURO TO BE SPENT ON THE INCOMPLETE INFRASTRUCTURE AT COSTA ESURI will be up for re-election.

It is our chance as owners and long term resident at CE to show him how we feel about his actions. He currently runs a minority coalition administration at the Town Hall and won his Mayorolity by only 50 votes. Things can change must change if CE is to become what we all hoped for. The way to do this is 51 of us to sign on the Padron and gain our SOLICITTUD DE VOTO. The first part is easy as explained in the first part of this thread.

SL how do we get the Solicitud De Voto I think I have tried but been turned away?
Old Jul 14th 2010, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

John and SL,

Why is 51 an important number? Does Esuri not count as part of the town of Ayamonte until then?

If we sign on the Padron, does that not give us the right to vote, or is there some additional admin to be done?

Jonathan
Old Jul 14th 2010, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Reptonian
John and SL,

Why is 51 an important number? Does Esuri not count as part of the town of Ayamonte until then?

If we sign on the Padron, does that not give us the right to vote, or is there some additional admin to be done?

Jonathan
51 votes not for the mayor unseats him! Read the whole thread its not long and gives good insight into the whole process. SL has some good posts.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

51 votes not for the mayor unseats him! Read the whole thread its not long and gives good insight into the whole process. SL has some good posts.
John,

I must be brain-dead ofc 51 is the difference in the last vote! Must be the heat here in M-G!
Old Jul 14th 2010, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

It is now not much more than 6 months to the next Municipal elections.

Why is this IMPORTANT the current Mayor who has failed to call in the first BANK GUARANTEE WORTH MORE THAN ONE MILLION EURO TO BE SPENT ON THE INCOMPLETE INFRASTRUCTURE AT COSTA ESURI will be up for re-election.

It is our chance as owners and long term resident at CE to show him how we feel about his actions. He currently runs a minority coalition administration at the Town Hall and won his Mayorolity by only 50 votes. Things can change must change if CE is to become what we all hoped for. The way to do this is 51 of us to sign on the Padron and gain our SOLICITTUD DE VOTO. The first part is easy as explained in the first part of this thread.

SL how do we get the Solicitud De Voto I think I have tried but been turned away?
I called the Town Hall. They said it still had no SOLICITUD DE VOTO. In any case, in my opinion, is good start to register now. Again call the Town Hall. If I have news, will write here.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

John and SL,

Jonathan
If you sign the register, you are entitled to vote. In my humble opinion, the time of the elections, the citizens have to say through their vote how they want to be governed. It is the best time to complain about the activity of the previous four years, or to praise it.

First you must register and then (the non-Spanish) you ought to sign a document called solicitud de voto. So far, it still was not available that application. However, it is best to register now and then (if they decide that it is obligatory, because they can change it) sign the document.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

John,

I must be brain-dead ofc 51 is the difference in the last vote! Must be the heat here in M-G!
No its an age thing (Cynthia)! when you get to my advanced stage you can't even remember what 2+2 is.