Old Feb 8th 2010, 11:49 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 20.000!

Ayamonte´s population grew to 20.000 inhabitants:
http://www.huelvainformacion.es/arti...abitantes.html
Old Feb 8th 2010, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 20.000!

Originally Posted by Jur
Ayamonte´s population grew to 20.000 inhabitants:
http://www.huelvainformacion.es/arti...abitantes.html
I believe that this is an important milestone is Spanish towns they get extra grants and councillors above that level. Thats why it is so important for us all to sign on the Padron easy to do and gives us the right to vote in the upcoming Mayoral Elections. You have to sign the voters registor after you have become Empadronmiento but its just upstairs and you can do it at the same time!
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 20.000!

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I believe that this is an important milestone is Spanish towns they get extra grants and councillors above that level. Thats why it is so important for us all to sign on the Padron easy to do and gives us the right to vote in the upcoming Mayoral Elections. You have to sign the voters registor after you have become Empadronmiento but its just upstairs and you can do it at the same time!
Once again, you surprise me.

You're right. Whether a Town Hall exceeds 20,000 habitants is truly important. Increase the budget and it is necessary that is 21 councilors members.

Enrolling in a municipal census gives the citizen a series of rights and duties. The main one is that makes you vote and stand in all calls for elections at all levels (municipal, regional, general ...) undertaken. Also, be registered in the register enables all residents to participate in the management of the municipality and all municipal services use. For example, you can register in secondary schools in the municipality, use the services of the Municipal Library and workshops of the Casa de Cultura, access to municipal services and social assistance, apply for grants to local associations, etc. ..

Register to vote is a relatively simple practice and also free. Simply go to the Town Hall and fill Padron or sheet form, which includes a series of personal data (name, address, family book for children ...) and academic degree or certificate held.

Are you register in Ayamonte?.

Regards.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer

You're right. Whether a Town Hall exceeds 20,000 habitants is truly important. Increase the budget and it is necessary that is 21 councilors members.

Enrolling in a municipal census gives the citizen a series of rights and duties. The main one is that makes you vote and stand in all calls for elections at all levels (municipal, regional, general ...) undertaken. Also, be registered in the register enables all residents to participate in the management of the municipality and all municipal services use. For example, you can register in secondary schools in the municipality, use the services of the Municipal Library and workshops of the Casa de Cultura, access to municipal services and social assistance, apply for grants to local associations, etc. ..

Register to vote is a relatively simple practice and also free. Simply go to the Town Hall and fill Padron or sheet form, which includes a series of personal data (name, address, family book for children ...) and academic degree or certificate held.

Regards.
Kath and I have signed on the Padron with our Escritura but at the time we were not here long term so we did not take the next step and go upstairs to join the register of electors but I must do that now and urge all other CE dwellers to do the same then we have "clout"
Old Feb 12th 2010, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Kath and I have signed on the Padron with our Escritura but at the time we were not here long term so we did not take the next step and go upstairs to join the register of electors but I must do that now and urge all other CE dwellers to do the same then we have "clout"
It's true. I'm thinking of register in Ayamonte. The only "weapon" we have is registered. The next elections are in May next year. They choose the new government team of Town Hall.

I do not know how many people, of registered voters in Ayamonte, belongs to CE, but I guess very, very few. The more people have registered to vote in the EC area, the more likely it is that value our interests.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's true. I'm thinking of register in Ayamonte. The only "weapon" we have is registered. The next elections are in May next year. They choose the new government team of Town Hall.

I do not know how many people, of registered voters in Ayamonte, belongs to CE, but I guess very, very few. The more people have registered to vote in the EC area, the more likely it is that value our interests.
Went to the Town Hall this morning to correct a mistake on my Empadronmiento registration and they were very good and corrected it immediately. I then asked if I could be put on the electorial roll and they said it was not required. This surprised me since at the last elections a friend who was already on the Padron was made to join a separate register upsairs in order to vote. SL I thought Spanish nationals were only allowed to be on one Padron?
Old Feb 12th 2010, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Went to the Town Hall this morning to correct a mistake on my Empadronmiento registration and they were very good and corrected it immediately. I then asked if I could be put on the electorial roll and they said it was not required. This surprised me since at the last elections a friend who was already on the Padron was made to join a separate register upsairs in order to vote. SL I thought Spanish nationals were only allowed to be on one Padron?
That's right. In fact, it's a crime to be registered in two places at once. I will find out what the procedure and will write it here. It is possible that the procedure has changed because there is a new Law on Foreigners.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:08 pm
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

That's right. In fact, it's a crime to be registered in two places at once. I will find out what the procedure and will write it here. It is possible that the procedure has changed because there is a new Law on Foreigners.
Hey, we're not "Foreigners" we are BRITS..
Old Feb 12th 2010, 2:57 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

We´re all immigrants!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John and Lynn
Hey, we're not "Foreigners" we are BRITS..
Hes right only Brits and Americans are expats, everyone else are foreigners
Old Feb 13th 2010, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

iant will become famous soon enough

Regards.
HI SL, congratulations on your valuable contributions to the Ayamonte section. Without wishing to be pedantic, as far as I am aware non-Spanish citizens are not eligble to vote in general elections, whether they are "empadronados" or not, or has this recently been changed?
iant
Old Feb 13th 2010, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iant
HI SL, congratulations on your valuable contributions to the Ayamonte section. Without wishing to be pedantic, as far as I am aware non-Spanish citizens are not eligble to vote in general elections, whether they are "empadronados" or not, or has this recently been changed?
iant
Hi Iant,

I don´t believe you´re a pedantic. Your question is very good.

The municipal register is the administrative record showing all the neighbours who live or ordinarily resident in that municipality. Their data are proof of residence in this municipality.

The registration is an administrative process necessary to access their rights under the "Foreign´s Law".

John and Lynn, the Foreign´s Law applies to all those without Spanish nationality. Of course, it includes British!.

I advise you the registration becuase it will access healthcare and other social and municipal services.

Being registered it allow you, to vote and be voted, in Municipal Elections (Ayamonte, for example) and Autonomic (Andalucía). However, in the General Election (Congreso de los Diputados and Senado) is necessary to have the Spanish nationality.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

To register (empadronarse) you need to go to Town Hall and submit the following documents: a bill can indicate the address (water, electric, etc) or the deed of sale (or lease). If you want a census (empadronar) of children under 18 need to submit a document attesting that the family relationship (in Spain used the Libro de Familia -Family Book-).

Once that has been done the previous step, the people non Spanish must apply for SOLICITUD DE VOTO (voter applications) document that indicates the intention to vote in Spain (at this Town Hall) in the next election. You can also choose where you want to vote in European Elections (in Spain or in your home country).
Old Feb 25th 2010, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

To register (empadronarse) you need to go to Town Hall and submit the following documents: a bill can indicate the address (water, electric, etc) or the deed of sale (or lease). If you want a census (empadronar) of children under 18 need to submit a document attesting that the family relationship (in Spain used the Libro de Familia -Family Book-).

Once that has been done the previous step, the people non Spanish must apply for SOLICITUD DE VOTO (voter applications) document that indicates the intention to vote in Spain (at this Town Hall) in the next election. You can also choose where you want to vote in European Elections (in Spain or in your home country).
Hi SL
It is very easy to do this in Ayamonte, the Lady/Gentleman who does this is just to the right as you enter the main doors of the Ayuntamiento Offices. All we needed 3 years ago was our deed of sale for the Parcela (Escritura), NIE and passports. We chose to have the certificate signed by the then Mayor so had to wait 3 days to collect at a cost of euro 1.30 but I think if we had just wanted to register it would not have cost anything. I went in last week to apply for Solicitud De Voto but was told it was not necessary!

There have been reports from other areas that now you have to produce your Residencia to be allowed to sign the Padron. Can you confirm this?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SL
It is very easy to do this in Ayamonte, the Lady/Gentleman who does this is just to the right as you enter the main doors of the Ayuntamiento Offices. All we needed 3 years ago was our deed of sale for the Parcela (Escritura), NIE and passports. We chose to have the certificate signed by the then Mayor so had to wait 3 days to collect at a cost of euro 1.30 but I think if we had just wanted to register it would not have cost anything. I went in last week to apply for Solicitud De Voto but was told it was not necessary!

There have been reports from other areas that now you have to produce your Residencia to be allowed to sign the Padron. Can you confirm this?
Just to cross the t's and dot the i's . The place to register in Ayamonte is the town hall office whose entrance is on the corner opposite the Laguna cafe. (the one round the corner is for paying your taxes) We just took along a proof of address (utility bill) passports and NIEs - and that was sufficient for registering with the empadromemiente. The lady who does the registration has no English but it is very patient and has a copy of a newspaper article in English which explains the process which she uses as a prompt. Took about 10 minutes and we had to return 3 days later to pay a small sum to get the signed and stamped certificates from the cashier on the ground floor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.