Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

2 weeks now and couldn´t be better.

2 weeks now and couldn´t be better.

Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all
Default 2 weeks now and couldn´t be better.

Hi all,
Firstly, thank you to everyone that replied to my last thread as I packed my computer away. I think the good luck messages have worked.
Anyway, we have been here 2 weeks today and are settling in well. Really like the village we are staying in for now and if we can negotiate a cheaper rent we would definitely stay there. The price they want is too high ´specially as we still haven´t managed to sell the house. I´ve got just over 2 weeks until I start work and I am going to relax and enjoy it. (Oops! forgot I need to look at long term rentals, take my NIE form to the police station, sign on the padron etc...)

I also need to find the village postman because the address the rental agency told us for house is incorrect - I need to look for Antonio who has a ponytail and sits in his van outside the primary school at some point during the morning. Or look for his blue corsa up a side road - YES folks this is the real Spain and I´m loving it. Apparently the postie keeps mail for up to 2 months if he doen´t know where to post it.

My daughter celebrated her 16th birthday last Saturday and Howard his 50th on Monday which was good - and they will get their cards etc. when we find Antonio.

Daughter is finally meeting with her friends, who she has been talking to on the internet for the last 10 weeks, on Friday. She´s feeling very nervous but I´m sure she will be fine.
Son has still managed to say "I´m bored" several times so nothings changed there! He has made friends with 2 Spanish children and an English child on our Urb.

Anyway, so much I could write but that would be so boring for everyone.
I´d better go and look up rental websites because thats what I told the OH I would be doing in the internet cafe.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 weeks now and couldn´t be better.

Originally Posted by sunnydee
Hi all,
Firstly, thank you to everyone that replied to my last thread as I packed my computer away. I think the good luck messages have worked.
Anyway, we have been here 2 weeks today and are settling in well. Really like the village we are staying in for now and if we can negotiate a cheaper rent we would definitely stay there. The price they want is too high ´specially as we still haven´t managed to sell the house. I´ve got just over 2 weeks until I start work and I am going to relax and enjoy it. (Oops! forgot I need to look at long term rentals, take my NIE form to the police station, sign on the padron etc...)

I also need to find the village postman because the address the rental agency told us for house is incorrect - I need to look for Antonio who has a ponytail and sits in his van outside the primary school at some point during the morning. Or look for his blue corsa up a side road - YES folks this is the real Spain and I´m loving it. Apparently the postie keeps mail for up to 2 months if he doen´t know where to post it.

My daughter celebrated her 16th birthday last Saturday and Howard his 50th on Monday which was good - and they will get their cards etc. when we find Antonio.

Daughter is finally meeting with her friends, who she has been talking to on the internet for the last 10 weeks, on Friday. She´s feeling very nervous but I´m sure she will be fine.
Son has still managed to say "I´m bored" several times so nothings changed there! He has made friends with 2 Spanish children and an English child on our Urb.

Anyway, so much I could write but that would be so boring for everyone. I´d better go and look up rental websites because thats what I told the OH I would be doing in the internet cafe.
Feel free to bore us all you like. Great to see that everything is working out for you and the family.

Rosemary
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:38 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnydee
Hi all,

Anyway, so much I could write but that would be so boring for everyone.
I´d better go and look up rental websites because thats what I told the OH I would be doing in the internet cafe.
Hello sunnydee,good to hear from you again,wow you do sound busy and happy which is good news,I,m sure your daughter will be just fine.I found it quite funny about you trying to find the postman
I also wish your Howard a very happy belated 50th birthday,and of course your daughter a happy 16th..........celebrations all round.......
I,m pleased you love the area,we will be over a month today,staying at Torrox, you never know we may bump into each other....
Take good care and keep us posted ...................
Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:47 am
Happy in Torrox

Shep43 will become famous soon enoughShep43 will become famous soon enough

Hi Sunnydee and welcome to the area and glad you are all settling in well, especially the kids. I've got 2 girls aged 7 and 9 and we were so worried about them finding friends and being happy. 10 months on and we are all doing fine down the road in Torrox village. Good luck with everything. Shep.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hi sunnydee

It's lovely to hear from you, and it certainly sounds like you're settling in quickly - good for you

I'd just like to add my congratulations to the birthday people too!
How did your daughter get on meeting up with her friends tonight?
Maybe you can tell your son he's not allowed to say "I'm bored"..............unless he says it in Spanish!!

Your postman sounds just like ours! (Although you're one up on me, because I don't know what ours is called!)
Corsas must be standard issue from the Correos...............our postie has a white one!
It's great that your postie hangs onto undelivered post; but is there not an arrangement in your village whereby post is taken to the Ayuntamiento to be collected?
Certainly here, if you're not in and the post is too big to slide under the door (!) it gets taken to the Ayuntamiento. (Well, ours gets taken to the Churreria opposite, and then our friend yells at us when we return from wherever we've been, "there's a parcel for you here!")

How are you feeling about starting your new job?
You're teaching, aren't you??
Do tell us more about it.
As Rosemary said, feel free to "bore" us all you like; it's great to hear how people are getting on with their new (or not so new) lives, and it helps us all to have a better picture of what people are up to.
Go on, spill the beans

Am so glad you like the village that you're in, and hope you can get that rent issue sorted to your liking soon.
Take very good care, enjoy all your new experiences and keep us up to speed on all your adventures

All the very best,
Sam.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Hi
Still haven´t found the postman - we think he´s on holiday.
I start work next Monday (3rd) and am looking forward to it.
Last week was an up and down week. First we had good news Wednesday - YES we have finally found a buyer for our house and solicitors etc. have been contacted so hopefully it will all go smoothly.
Then on Thursday, we phoned my daughter´s old school to get her results and she passed her GNVQ and got 3 C´s, 3 B´s and an A in her GCSE´s. To put it in context the school she attended had the worse results in England 2 years ago so she has worked very hard to get those results (lots of supply teachers or being left work to get on with without a teacher).
So there we were on Thursday feeling ecstatic just picked up the rabbit hutch (pleased with ourselves because we had ordered it in Spanish). Then I get a phone call from my mum to say the rabbit had died. The rabbit and guinea-pig were due to be shipped out this Wednesday. My mum felt dreadful and so did I, as I´d promised my son his rabbit would be fine. I still can not believe it died and it has been awful watching Jayson´s face when we told him and when he keeps remembering little things.
Anyway, we will be fine but it´s horrible going from ecstatic to devastated in a matter of hours.
We have started booking appointments to view properties for long term rental. We like where we are but we want to see what else is available. I can´t wait to get connected to the internet at home.
Seems to have been a lot going on in the forum that I have missed, not all good from the sound of it.
Shep43 if you want to send me a PM maybe we could meet up with the kids Jayson´s 9 as well.
Michaela
Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you are over there settled. Shame about the rabbit. Perhaps son can go shopping with you for a special spanish replacement at some time??
Keep us all posted....we want to hear all about everything!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:53 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Sunnydee, so sorry to hear about your sons rabbit. Poor little love, he must be so upset, having left his pet behind must make him feel worse. Make sure he doesn't blame himself for leaving his pet behind. More fuss to be made of the guinea pig when it arrives.

Hope the job goes well and you like
Keep us posted.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 8:36 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi sunnydee firstly congratulations on the sale of your house that really good news,just in time hey
Shame to hear about the rabbit ,perhaps beings you have the hutch a new rabbit is due,I,m sure your Jayson would enjoy choosing one,lets hope the guinea pig arrives safely .
Good luck with the search for property,s I,m sure you will be successful
in finding one and also the very best with your job,pleased to hear that you are settling in to your new way of life..........