Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

2 computers on one adsl connection

2 computers on one adsl connection

Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 computers on one adsl connection

Originally Posted by andyrich666
ok, first of all throw the old modem in the bin, or take it away altogether, you plug the router into the phone line and the PC Via the Ethernet cable, once you ahve configured it with your ADSL Settings you can either leave it in the PC or move it somewhere on its own,

hope that helps, if not come back i be here for a while, andy
ok

does the phone line connection go into the WAN socket on the router or one of the 4 LAN´s ? and do I still need the little adapter that goes into the phone socket with the old modem ?

Ive tried to connect to the internet ( I assume you do it the same way as with the old modem ? ) but it wont connect, comes up with an error message 678 saying the remote computer did not respond

in the box it came in there was a "quick start guide" but I been here all afternoon :curse:

thanks for you help
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Have you bout a router or a modem/router?
What's the make and model?
Also, what make and model of laptop/
Regards
Tim
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
ok

does the phone line connection go into the WAN socket on the router or one of the 4 LAN´s ? and do I still need the little adapter that goes into the phone socket with the old modem ?

Ive tried to connect to the internet ( I assume you do it the same way as with the old modem ? ) but it wont connect, comes up with an error message 678 saying the remote computer did not respond

in the box it came in there was a "quick start guide" but I been here all afternoon :curse:

thanks for you help
what make model is the Router, on the back the WAN socket goes to the PC

you should have a socket called RJ11 or Line, that goes to the phone socket
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Have you bout a router or a modem/router?
What's the make and model?
Also, what make and model of laptop/
Regards
Tim
lol, yeah its possible you have bought a cable router but Its unlikely in Spain as that is not common as UK, unless you bought it from the UK,

Give make and model of router please
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

wireless router is a Philips SNB5600 - have been looking here for more info to try and get it sorted

lap top is a packard bell easy note

on the back of router there is no RJ11 just a WAN, 4 LAN and the DC power socket

thanks guys
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

wireless router is a Philips SNB5600 - have been looking here for more info to try and get it sorted

lap top is a packard bell easy note

on the back of router there is no RJ11 just a WAN, 4 LAN and the DC power socket

thanks guys
ok, well thats no good for what you need, basically that is a router you would use if either you had a cable connection or a wired connection you wanted to make wireless,

you need a ADSL Modem Router, can you take it back,

No offence but its a pretty poor model aswell, and so are Packard Bell but thats neither here or there
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Does your original modem connect to the pc via a usb cable? I think knowing Telefonica that it does, in which case, you have the wrong router! Sorry!
Tim
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

ok, well thats no good for what you need, basically that is a router you would use if either you had a cable connection or a wired connection you wanted to make wireless,

you need a ADSL Modem Router, can you take it back,

No offence but its a pretty poor model aswell, and so are Packard Bell but thats neither here or there
~Thee only other way round it is if you have a Ethernet ADSL Modem but I doubt it, you could buy one but again I guess they would be pretty rare in Spain
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snap! Sort of!
Telefonica so a Zyxel model that is quite easy to set up. Suggest as Andy said, that you return that one and call Telefonica for a different one. If you get stuck with that one, you can always pm me and we can set it up over the phone as I am only an hour or so up the road!
Regards
Tim
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

yes original adsl telefonica modem connect via a usb connection

no offence taken - I wasnt too sure what I was looking for so will re package it up and take it back hopefully - was 70€ - what sort of price range should I be looking at or can you recommend a particular model

Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

You can buy what you need in Carrefour in Gandia if that's any help.
Tim
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by valenciatim
You can buy what you need in Carrefour in Gandia if that's any help.
Tim
ok thanks Tim - I did look in there the other day and saw they had a few - so as long as its an adsl modem router - should it say its wireless too ?
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

yes original adsl telefonica modem connect via a usb connection

no offence taken - I wasnt too sure what I was looking for so will re package it up and take it back hopefully - was 70€ - what sort of price range should I be looking at or can you recommend a particular model

Well I wouldnt pay more than 50€ if in the UK, but maybe prices higher there.

You need a Wireless G (802.11G) ADSL MODEM Router

Most newer models might say ADSL2 and or 802.11N these will be ok aswell, in Uk these are std now but maybe more dosh in Spain.

If you want some make's and models reccomending then just ask

andy
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Most newer models might say ADSL2 and or 802.11N these will be ok aswell, in Uk these are std now but maybe more dosh in Spain.

andy
If you want I can get one sent from the UK, I have sold a few to Spain before on my main ebay account, not the one below and they are only cheap to post as they are not heavy.

Ive been doing a few listings in spanish lately and quite suprising what ive sold IT Wise,
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

andy
probably wont get as big selection here so will see whats on offer, thanks again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.