Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

2-3 year plan to get to Spain

2-3 year plan to get to Spain

Old Jul 16th 2013, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2-3 year plan to get to Spain

The biggest issue was that a number of colleges etc which previously had been unable to offer degree courses started to do so but the degrees were in peripheral subjects. Hence the profusion of media studies, sports therapy etc and the associated dumbing down that occurred. Interesting article here from 2009 http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...-degree-firsts. When I graduated there was no offer to retake - now it seems that you just resubmit some of your work to match the tutor's requirements and hey presto you have a degree.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 10:32 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
So what are the other 3 languages you need to get a job in the UK?

Last I looked, UK unemployment is about 8%, and Spain is about 27%.
Yes, perhaps a little higher here, but for the most part, about the same as the UK.
so what makes 3.5x 'a little higher' I suspect those in the job center queue would love Spains unemployment to be, officially, only 8%, remember those are oly 'official' figures. I would suspect the true figures to be a 'little higher'. like UK 9%, Spain 45%. Without benefits for everyone out of work, Spain just is unable to keep any sort of true percentage.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
so what makes 3.5x 'a little higher' I suspect those in the job center queue would love Spains unemployment to be, officially, only 8%, remember those are oly 'official' figures. I would suspect the true figures to be a 'little higher'. like UK 9%, Spain 45%. Without benefits for everyone out of work, Spain just is unable to keep any sort of true percentage.
No no no, not at all

There are millions of people in Spain working on the black. The unemployment figure is 27%, but at least half of these people will actually be working cash in hand, especially during the summer