Reload this Page >

1 month to the move!!

1 month to the move!!

Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Liannexxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1 month to the move!!

Hey everyone!

okay - so one month to i move over to spain and feeling a little nervous now as nothing is sorted! anyone have any tips before i move? i haven't secured a job yet - do you think this will be a problem?

Lianne x
Old Jul 16th 2007, 3:06 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1 month to the move!!

Originally Posted by Liannexxx
Hey everyone!

okay - so one month to i move over to spain and feeling a little nervous now as nothing is sorted! anyone have any tips before i move? i haven't secured a job yet - do you think this will be a problem?

Lianne x
Welcome to the forum Lianne

Not securing a job will only be a problem if you havent got the finances to support yourself for a few months. It also depends on which area you are going to and whether or not you are fussy about the kind of job you want to do.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 3:06 pm
Happy in Torrox

Shep43 will become famous soon enoughShep43 will become famous soon enough

Hi and good luck with the move. I think if really want work you'll find it but be prepared to do anything at first, anything legal that is. I moved last Nov. and never looked back since.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Puerto Banus area....looking at town houses in the andelucia area! Do you know if there is a lot of work around there? x
Old Jul 16th 2007, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shep43
Hi and good luck with the move. I think if really want work you'll find it but be prepared to do anything at first, anything legal that is. I moved last Nov. and never looked back since.
Whats it like during the winter times? my friend says its freezing and i am worried that i might be coming out at the wrong time of year! x
Old Jul 16th 2007, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Good luck with the move. We are moving over in 16 days. Afraid I can't help you with the job situation but you could look at Sur in English to get an idea of available jobs.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:46 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone!

Lianne x
Hi Lianne

Welcome to the forum

1 month hmmmmm thats not long is it , well not as long as 2 months but then again longer than 3 weeks

You should be nervous who wouldnt be and i am sure most on here will tell you that you wouldnt be normal if you didnt ..

regarding no job like was put above , depends if you have money or not if your skint then could be a big problem , also depends on if you are a family or just by yourself etc , need to know more then advice can be given ..

On the Tips to remember a important one i would say specially at first is "Dont trust anyone until you know them well " as if they know your new and unsure you become a easy target ..
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:02 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone!

Lianne x
Hello and welcome..

don't worry about the nerves, don't sweat the small things.

Good luck with the job issue, it will be tough, I'm not gonna tell you it wont be, but just be brave and ballsy, work should be easy to find. But please don't stray into any of the bad places and do something stupid just to earn cash.

There are quite a few people on here that are in that kinda area, if you ask very nicely I'm sure they will help you.

Oh and keep away from Pete, he is always on the lookout for a new wife!!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
On the Tips to remember a important one i would say specially at first is "Dont trust anyone until you know them well " as if they know your new and unsure you become a easy target ..
agree with that 100%

good luck with the move
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:37 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Hello and welcome..

don't worry about the nerves, don't sweat the small things.

Good luck with the job issue, it will be tough, I'm not gonna tell you it wont be, but just be brave and ballsy, work should be easy to find. But please don't stray into any of the bad places and do something stupid just to earn cash.

There are quite a few people on here that are in that kinda area, if you ask very nicely I'm sure they will help you.

Oh and keep away from Pete, he is always on the lookout for a new wife!!

am i
flippin heck dont tell Mrs BP
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Big Pete
am i
flippin heck dont tell Mrs BP
"dont trust anyone" - thats a scary thought! my friend sarah and i are going together but she is just as nervous as i am haha!

is it hard to find english speaking jobs? and are there plenty of places i can take spanish lessons? anyone know? 42 days to go!!

liannex
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

"dont trust anyone" - thats a scary thought! my friend sarah and i are going together but she is just as nervous as i am haha!

is it hard to find english speaking jobs? and are there plenty of places i can take spanish lessons? anyone know? 42 days to go!!

liannex
I think it will be hard to find English speaking jobs as most require at least basic Spanish, so you will have to put in a lot of leg work and just be persistent - as long as you have enough money to live on ( I would recommend for at least 6-12 months) so you have time to get yourselves established

Not sure about that area but Winters can be cold and wet but think of the looong hot Summers you will be able to enjoy

There must local papers you can look at and there are some recruitment websites - Im sure I posted some on here before so have a quick search

42 days will go in no time
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:46 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Puerto Banus area....looking at town houses in the andelucia area! Do you know if there is a lot of work around there? x
An English speaking area, similar to Marbella, so should be able to get a job without Spanish if you are lucky.
Always telesales if you are into that.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Hi Lianne

jdr's right, there are loads of telesales jobs in that area. Also, if I were you I'd go on the internet and check out some of the recruitment agencies for 'English speaking jobs'. Email your CV to them and see what they say. Good luck.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:07 am
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Hey everyone!

Lianne x
hi there lianne fare play for making the move to spain , do you have a place to live in spain ? are you going out there with any saving ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.