Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

1 dog and one cat from Manchester to Barcelona

1 dog and one cat from Manchester to Barcelona

Old Jun 26th 2015, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Sjrae is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1 dog and one cat from Manchester to Barcelona

Hey everyone, I know this has been asked before but I cant seem to find any approximate costings so I was hoping someone could help me out.

We have a shih tzu and a cat that we are looking to take to Barcelona with us when we move from Manchester in October. I have looked around and our options seem to be:

1) rent a one-way car/van and drive down
2) take them on the plane with us
3) use a service like Par Air or PetAirUK

Does anybody have any experience with any of these options? Could you give me any idea of approximate costs?

Any help would be really really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Sam
Old Jun 26th 2015, 11:47 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 dog and one cat from Manchester to Barcelona

I can personally recommend Posh Pets Spain, pet grooming, boarding, pet travel, transport and training - Costa del Sol, Spain They have air conditioned vans and give you updates as to their whereabouts.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Hey JJH

Thanks for your response. I have submitted a quite form but just so as I can get an idea, have you used them before? Any approximate cost? I know it will vary according to size etc (mine is a shih tzu, by the way) but any guesses as to what we are looking at?

Thanks!
Sam
Old Jun 26th 2015, 1:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sjrae
Hey everyone, I know this has been asked before but I cant seem to find any approximate costings so I was hoping someone could help me out.

Any help would be really really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Sam
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 26th 2015, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rosemary,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the advice!

Best
Sam
Old Jun 26th 2015, 2:12 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sjrae
Hey JJH

Thanks for your response. I have submitted a quite form but just so as I can get an idea, have you used them before? Any approximate cost? I know it will vary according to size etc (mine is a shih tzu, by the way) but any guesses as to what we are looking at?

Thanks!
Sam
Yes I have used them before. Our border collie cross was taken from Chiclana Spain to Milton Keynes. From memory I think it was 350 pounds but can´t be sure as it was 18 months ago. She arrived at our niece´s house in fine fettle and we were treated to pictures of them on the walks they had on their journey. I have no idea about the price for cats but a good friend of mine brought her elderly cat back to Spain last year with Posh Pets and she was delighted. Posh Pets were recommended to us by our dog groomer and it was a door to door service from here. They handled just about everything as well.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Sounds like just what we are looking for. I will wait on their response to my quote request and hopefully it will all work out well. Thanks for your help and I will let you know how we get on!
Old Jun 27th 2015, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

tabbicat is an unknown quantity at this point

I used this company to bring my 2 cats back from Barcelona to UK a couple of years ago: Animalcouriers • worldwide pet shipping and animal transport services • +44 1483 200123

They were very good and cats arrived safely after 3-4 days. Cost was around £600 for 2 pets if I remember rightly. Door to door service.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

We have used posh pets twice and fine not a problem three cats = £1000 never quite sure as to why £ when a Spanish based business.

However and for balance we also used this March another UK company and who were equally good. Simply reason Posh Pets were not able to match our departure dates.

Perhaps it would be wise and for economic reasons to have another quote?

Totally disregard with respect removal companies 'who can also move cats and dogs)

best wishes
Old Jun 27th 2015, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

As and aside as an animal lover be prepared to witness lots of animal cruelty here in Spain

We with others have just rescued a pedanco and her seven puppies from a absolutely horrible situation.

At this moment and in say 50 degree heat there are twelve hunting dogs in a metal container in a field near Valencia with no water and food and the most unimaginable conditions.

Face a Spaniard on such problem shrug of shoulders as befits Frenchmen and then abuse.

When one comes into another country you do the leg work on access back health education and such things. Add to that for Spain animal cruelty
Old Sep 7th 2015, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

scottishlassie100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi SJRae! Did you use any of the companies mentioned? We are taking our cat from Scotland to the south coast of Spain and are looking into companies/quotes. If you have any advice let me know! Many thanks!
Old Sep 7th 2015, 9:10 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishlassie100
Hi SJRae! Did you use any of the companies mentioned? We are taking our cat from Scotland to the south coast of Spain and are looking into companies/quotes. If you have any advice let me know! Many thanks!
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 8th 2015, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

The OP was not moving till October so may have booked to use but not yet used any of the companies. Hopefully they will come back on and let us know as I would also be interested in hearing how they got on.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at www.blablaCar.com
It's a ride sharing website.
I used them earlier in the year to take a trip to UK and back.
Some drivers are prepared to accept dogs and cats (you travel with your pet of course).

Brilliant idea, great site, would recommend it to anyone.
Old Sep 13th 2015, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi we are returning to UK/France and before so doing may I simply say a big thank you to everyone for their invaluable information comments and guidance all of which have helped us so very much - our sincere thanks.

Of course I am not everyone's cup of tea and if I have offended anyone then I absolutely apologize.

Having said that may I use the forum please for one or two last postings seeking information?

We have used PoshPets Travel in the past and asked them for opportunities at the end of October - some time ahead.

Their response was carefully phrased but reading between the lines it was 'no' Are they still in business please for follow-up emails have not been responded to.

Then please has anyone other recommendations for three cats back to the UK is going to be a problem. The dogs will car-share with us!

thanks again