Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa > South Africa
Reload this Page >

Permanent Residence Waiting Time

Permanent Residence Waiting Time

Old Oct 20th 2016, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

ashley9505 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Permanent Residence Waiting Time

Was wondering if anybody else has been waiting a long time for their permanent residence to come through?

I applied for it over a year ago and was told the waiting time was 8-10 months. I'm still waiting about 14 months later.

I contacted VFS at the beginning of last month who told me that they couldn't do anything apart from escalating the matter.

I contacted the Home Affairs Department who sent me a bunch of automated emails. About a month later somebody responded to my email and sent me the number of somebody else who deals with their permit department. I've tried to contact the number and email address I was provided over fifty times and received no response. The phone just rings for about five minutes and then the line cuts out. I've tried to contact their helpline - same story. I've written to the Home Affairs Minister. No response from anybody at his offices.

I contacted the DA's Shadow Home Affairs Minister's department for help out of desperation and frustration and they said they would look into it but I've heard nothing from them and that was almost a month ago.

Is there anybody else in the same situation? I'm not sure what to do next.

Last edited by ashley9505; Oct 20th 2016 at 5:00 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 7:08 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Residence Waiting Time

Hurry up and wait. Welcome to South Africa.

Mine took a year - the ID book took 6 weeks.