Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Visiting Singapore for 3 days, do I need vaccinations?

Visiting Singapore for 3 days, do I need vaccinations?

Old Aug 7th 2012, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future
Default Visiting Singapore for 3 days, do I need vaccinations?

Hi

Visiting Singapore for 3 days in September on way to UK. Trying to find out whether we need any vaccinations? All the websites I have been looking at have been inconsistent.

If it makes a difference, we're all pretty much up to date with tetanus etc. and are travelling with 3 kids 5 and under, 1 of whom is still a baby. We will also be staying central in the city.

Many thanks for your help.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 3:54 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting Singapore for 3 days, do I need vaccinations?

I don't know the official answer - maybe someone in Singapore will post on here? But I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem if you're up to date with all the usuals. Singapore is a big city. If you were going into the jungles in Malaysia, it would probably be a different story.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 4:26 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kronk
Hi

Visiting Singapore for 3 days in September on way to UK. Trying to find out whether we need any vaccinations? All the websites I have been looking at have been inconsistent.

If it makes a difference, we're all pretty much up to date with tetanus etc. and are travelling with 3 kids 5 and under, 1 of whom is still a baby. We will also be staying central in the city.

Many thanks for your help.
No you don't. I've been to Singapore a few times and never had any vaccinations.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 8:09 am
Just Joined

vcf49 will become famous soon enough

Hi, We're Brits and we live in SG and have had a baby here - you'll be fine without vaccinations. Just have the usual anti-bac hand stuff on hand for when you're eating out and for using the toilet facilities when out and about, and you'll be fine. Also, handy tip if you're using the MRT (tube) with a baby buggy, look out for the sensory metal in the flooring and it'll guide you to lifts and special carriages to save you fighting with escalators/stairs!
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vcf49
Hi, We're Brits and we live in SG and have had a baby here - you'll be fine without vaccinations. Just have the usual anti-bac hand stuff on hand for when you're eating out and for using the toilet facilities when out and about, and you'll be fine. Also, handy tip if you're using the MRT (tube) with a baby buggy, look out for the sensory metal in the flooring and it'll guide you to lifts and special carriages to save you fighting with escalators/stairs!
Thats great, many thanks for everyones help on this and tips on MRT
Old Aug 8th 2012, 2:55 am
Just Joined

Forgot to say too, not sure if you're bringing car seats etc with you, but I have found a very reliable taxi firm here in SG. They hire baby and child seats in their MaxiCabs (I haven't found anyone else here who does that). Now, in SG legally you don't need any form of baby seat/booster in a taxi but we only take BabyF to the airport with these chaps, as they are safe drivers (especially Garko Lai) and are exceptionally patient whilst we strap her in. They don't charge over the odds (what you see when you book online is what you pay) and you can book them easily online: http://www.momosmaxicab.sg/index.php?view=1
Otherwise, if you don't need baby seats/boosters, for a family of 5 you just go to the 'land transport desk' when you've got your bags and they'll arrange a maxicab for you. If you've got any more queries though about little people in SG, just ask as even if I don't have the answer, I know people who will!

Safe journey.

Mrs F
Old Sep 10th 2012, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Sorry, just to add (for anyone else reading this thread after the original posting) that MomosMaxiCabs are no longer trading BUT this firm has risen from the ashes (including the reliable Garko Lai): [email protected]/www.jumbolimo.com - they even have 13 seaters now too if 7 would be too small! )
Old Mar 24th 2013, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Dafy is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to have Hep B injections before i left the UK, was recommended?