Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Sais current availability

Sais current availability

Old Feb 1st 2013, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

Changesahead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sais current availability

Hi, looking to move to Singapore probably around May / June time with family. been lurking to here for a while, but haven't posted, so Hi.
Just have a question, looking at Stamford American International School for my daughter. Does anyone have a child there and know what their availability is like, whether they have waiting lists or still accepting kids. I have asked them, but they haven't responded on that point and don't want to change her schools so want to be sure that the school we apply for doesn't have a waiting list
she will be starting in grade 2 in August.
Thanks everyone
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 11:56 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sais current availability

Just to say Hi and welcome to the forum

I cannot help you but hopefully one of our Singapore residents will be along in a mo.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Flostan is on a distinguished road

Try phoning as that usually gets a better response. Good luck. It is very stressful with schools. Is it the US system you particularly want as I think there are a couple of US schools?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for replying. I was being impatient. They replied after the weekend and confirmed they do have availability. They seem to follow an international curriculum. Think the reason it appeals is that it is new and has so many facilities and low student ratio. Daughter currently attends village primary school where books are falling apart and she gets lost in her class under top kids and above bottom ones. Think it is a great opportunity to experience something very different and mix with people from all over the world, where everyone at her school is from a very similar background. My husband is going there on business in next couple of weeks so going to visit it. Very excited about the move!
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Flostan is on a distinguished road

If it is the international mix you are looking for, ALL schools here have it! Do look at more than a couple as you definitely get a feel for a school and you just know which one is right for your child. Most follow the IB. Don't get too swept away with lovely new facilities. It is how the children feel and the level of education that is more important. The Canadian school CIS is very nice too. Make sure you live close as some of the bus journeys are very long so something to consider. Good luck!

Last edited by Flostan; Feb 6th 2013 at 11:02 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Feb 7th 2013, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for advice, hubbie's boss recommended cis, but their school yesr is different and my daughter would be the youngest in the year and woulf effectively miss a year out which she would really struggle with.