Question on salary

Old Nov 15th 2012, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

mit_patel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question on salary

Hi all,

I have been reading this forum for a while and just got registered myself. My company is looking to relocate me to Singapore in the beginning of next year along with my family. I am currently negotiating remuneration package but initial offer is SGD 20,000 relocation allowance and a basic salary of SGD 120,000 pa. I am not expecting any extra bonus in the first year. We have a son who will turn 4 in May 2013 and hence we will be looking to put him in pre-school. We will be looking to live in 2-3 bed condo in East Coast area. I will be grateful if someone can advise me whether this will be a good salary to live a comfortable life. Cheers!
Old Nov 15th 2012, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question on salary

You should be OK.

But shouldn't the question be 'is my remuneration in line with my quals, experience and peers, or are my company trying to screw me?'
They certainly won't be paying above the going package.
I can't help you with the answer to that.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 1:03 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mit, just to say a warm to the forum. I'm up the road in Malaysia.

Exreg is your man on the spot with a lot of Singapore info. I'm a bit out of touch with Singapore - left there in late 2007 but go visit back sometimes. I used to live on the East Coast (Katong) and had a great time there. Hope it all works out for you.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ex reg
You should be OK.

But shouldn't the question be 'is my remuneration in line with my quals, experience and peers, or are my company trying to screw me?'
They certainly won't be paying above the going package.
I can't help you with the answer to that.
Thanks for that, Exreg. Yes you are right and that's why I am negotiating to get a best possible package. I will be growing the business for the company in APAC region and hopefully, my remuneration will grow in line with the growth in the business.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi Mit, just to say a warm to the forum. I'm up the road in Malaysia.

Exreg is your man on the spot with a lot of Singapore info. I'm a bit out of touch with Singapore - left there in late 2007 but go visit back sometimes. I used to live on the East Coast (Katong) and had a great time there. Hope it all works out for you.
Thanks very much, Bakedbeans! It's always a pleasure to speak to a seasoned old pro like yourself.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

paraglider is an unknown quantity at this point

hello, I'm a spanish/german expat and I'm also in negotiation with a potential employer in singapore, I would be grateful for an indication of what a suitable executive expat package for housing and car allowances would be. many thanks.