Christmas in Singapore

Old Dec 6th 2011, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

_jon_ will become famous soon enough_jon_ will become famous soon enough
Default Christmas in Singapore

We arrive in SIN on Christmas afternoon and have 48hrs there before moving on to Malaysia.

1. How does Christmas Day affect the city, are businesses and restaurants open as usual. We were hoping to just visit a Hawker Centre for some nosh.

2. Recommendations for things to do in the 48hrs to break us into the time zone gently. We have two kids, 12 and 3, so the night safari at the zoo came up on the radar.....anything else?

Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2011, 7:34 am
Emeritus Senior Minister

Paul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud of
Default Re: Christmas in Singapore

Originally Posted by _jon_
We arrive in SIN on Christmas afternoon and have 48hrs there before moving on to Malaysia.

1. How does Christmas Day affect the city, are businesses and restaurants open as usual. We were hoping to just visit a Hawker Centre for some nosh.

2. Recommendations for things to do in the 48hrs to break us into the time zone gently. We have two kids, 12 and 3, so the night safari at the zoo came up on the radar.....anything else?

Thanks
1. Christmas Day does not affect the city much. Some shops may close, but they are far and few.

2. Sentosa has lots of new stuffs. Have you been to Universal Studio in Sentosa? Now, there is a broadwalk from Vivocity to Sentosa, and it is very nice. Marina Bay has changed a lot too. You can go to Marina Bay Sands where they have museums, waterfront scenery, shopping, sky garden, etc. You can also go to Singapore Flyer and Marina Barrage nearby. Zoo is the obivious choice, but you can also visit Bird Park and Botanic Garden.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the sensible advice, although I was obviously tempted to get another flight to have 12 hours trekking in Nepal rather than enjoy the holiday that I have planned and booked....
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:48 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

He he

You'll have a ball in Singapore. Both the zoo and bird park are just great. I've not been to Sentosa for years and it's no doubt changed a lot. Touristy but i liked it. The cablecar from mount faber is good.

Christmas in Singapore is fab. Not cheap mind.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

we are only there for 2 nights, staying at the Royal at Queens.

Apart from the Zoo, we don't plan do actually DO anything. I've never been to Universal but as the holiday plan is for Florida next year, wasn't going to do the SIN one.

As long as we can eat street food, I'm happy.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 7:16 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas is a bit of a non-event in Singapore - Boxing Day is a work day. You won't be inconvenienced in any way.

Lots of threads in the Aus Barbie forum on Singapore stopovers so have a search. I've contributed to most of them

Enjoy the food. Oh how I miss the food...