Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Open casting call for film project

Open casting call for film project

Old Dec 6th 2011, 2:09 am
Just Joined

will76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Open casting call for film project

Hello fellow British expats!

We are a group of undergraduate Film students from The Puttnam School of Film, LASALLE College of the Arts. We will be embarking our final year thesis short film and story is set in Britain. We are currently searching for British casts to play the lead roles. The story revolves around 2 aged caucasians couple around the age of 50 and their young son who is between 5 to 8 years old.

We are setting our film in the environment of a rural cottage countryside and it will be a challenging project as we will attempt to shoot it in Singapore. Part of our determination to make this a successful film is to construct an interior cottage setting, where the bulk of the story takes place, will be set in our school studio. With regard to the shoot period, we will commence filming on the 3rd week of February 2012. The production is currently scheduled to be between 5 to 7 days.

We would like to open the invitation to all fellow British expats base in Singapore,to consider auditioning for this film. If you would like to read the script and understand further the story, do let me know as I will be truly glad to share it with you.

Thank you for your the time and I hope to hear from you.

Regards,
William Liew

Attached Thumbnails Open casting call for film project-casting-call-poster.jpg  

Last edited by Sue; Dec 6th 2011 at 2:18 am. Reason: OP checked with admin prior to posting and has approval to post here seeing as it's a student related project.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 1:02 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Open casting call for film project

Hi Will, all the best with your project. Just curious (aka Nosey) why you're filming in Singapore if it's supposed to be based in Britain?
Old Dec 6th 2011, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Hey Bakedbean!

Good question! We are students and fully independent, financing this project out of our savings, therefore we are not able to travel out of Singapore to film this project. We will be building a interior cottage set in a studio with the advice and support of our production design lecturer who is also a British.

Hope you are able to support this project by helping us to pass the word around regarding the casting.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:36 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I see. You are based in Singapore already. I got the wrong end of the stick. Well best of luck with project.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 7:22 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi William, if you make a third post you will be able to read the PM I am about to send you
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:03 am
Just Joined

Sure. I will look at the PM. Thanks