Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Advice on Best Place to Live in Singapore

Advice on Best Place to Live in Singapore

Old Jan 23rd 2014, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Flowerpot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on Best Place to Live in Singapore

I am not talking the most luxurious but sensible prices please. Preferably near to main routes and near UK expats if possible.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Hannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Best Place to Live in Singapore

UK expats live everywhere. There might be a slight concentration in the holland village/Tanglin area but nowhere is hard to get to.

Main routes are subjective. Depends on where you work, if you need a particular school and if you are car or public transport.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply. They are at the moment looking at Sensosa. Mind you looks pricey to me. They reckon to rent even a small house in Singas in beyond expensive.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Rental in Sentosa isn't exactly affordable, not unless you're on a full expat package with everything, including full housing allowance, a car, chauffeur and the kitchen sink thrown in for good measure (kidding about the last 2 items).

Sentosa can be quite out of the way for work - and you'll most definitely need a car (or rely on cabs). If you could tell us where you'll be working, I reckon we could be more helpful with our answers.

Cheers!
Old Jan 29th 2014, 9:34 am
Just Joined

I did wonder, it isnt actually me who has moved to Singapore but you have answered my question regards whether or not it is an expensive place to live. I lived there in the 60s with my parents and I am sure there are more affordable areas to move to.

Thank you for your post.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Hannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond repute

There'll be a shuttle bus to the CBD or the mrt to vivo.

It is expensive but not prohibitively so, you exchange location for bigger rooms. Plus might be easier to get to work from there than other (cheaper) places. Who wants a two hour commute.

I'm sure they know what they are doing, Hylander.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 9:04 am
Just Joined

I know one thing , with the weather in the UK at the moment I would love to have a bit of that warmth.

Last edited by Flowerpot; Jan 30th 2014 at 9:10 am.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 9:07 am
Just Joined

You know they might read this, right?
Old Jan 30th 2014, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your help.