Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

32 yr old single...where to live?

32 yr old single...where to live?

Old Sep 7th 2014, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

beatle3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 32 yr old single...where to live?

Hi All

Subject to employment pass approval I should be moving to Singapore from Australia (originally from UK) next month. I am looking for some advice on which district to live (flatshare) based on the following basic criteria.

Budget: $1600
Private / master bedroom
Close to: Red/Green MRT, pubs/bars/social areas, supermarkets

As a single male that doesn't know anyone in Singapore, the social aspect will be important initially and as such I would prefer 'hustle and bustle' to areas that are quieter from an entertainment perspective. I am flexible however so it would be great to hear your thoughts and experiences

Also, if any of you are aware of an upcoming room in a flatshare please keep me in mind. I hope to arrive the 25th Oct, possibly 18th Oct.

Cheers
Old Sep 7th 2014, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 32 yr old single...where to live?

Without doubt you'll have to flatshare for that money.
Even then you'll be lucky to find something central.

You might even have to look at a share of HDB.

For a Master Bdrm you'd have to be first into an apartment, i.e. take the lease on yourself and get sharers in.
Old Dec 30th 2014, 8:05 am
Banned

ln2912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 32 yr old single...where to live?

Originally Posted by beatle3
Hi All

Subject to employment pass approval I should be moving to Singapore from Australia (originally from UK) next month. I am looking for some advice on which district to live (flatshare) based on the following basic criteria.

Budget: $1600
Private / master bedroom
Close to: Red/Green MRT, pubs/bars/social areas, supermarkets

As a single male that doesn't know anyone in Singapore, the social aspect will be important initially and as such I would prefer 'hustle and bustle' to areas that are quieter from an entertainment perspective. I am flexible however so it would be great to hear your thoughts and experiences

Also, if any of you are aware of an upcoming room in a flatshare please keep me in mind. I hope to arrive the 25th Oct, possibly 18th Oct.

Cheers
Hello,

Welcome to Singapore.

I'm sure by now you should have found an ideal place to stay. However, if you are still looking around, please give me a buzz.

Take care!