Moving to Singapore

Old May 25th 2014, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

marion83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Singapore

I´m planning to move to Singapore. I would like to meet new people on the singapore forums and build a solid network. My plan is to move at the beginning of 2015 to singapore to live and work. So I need tips, tricks and help.
I´m searching for interaction with expats living in singapore.
I´ m looking forward to responses
Old May 25th 2014, 1:05 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Singapore

Hello and welcome to the forum

What kind of tips and tricks are you looking for? What information are you looking for? Have a good browse through the existing topics on here. You'll find quite a lot of info.

What kind of visa will you be on?
Old May 28th 2014, 10:27 am
Just Joined

marion83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I´m looking for Tipps to find a job in Singapore and experience from expats they live in Singapore.
Old May 30th 2014, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Hannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond reputeHannieroo has a reputation beyond repute

I've always found doing as much research as you can and never forgetting to say please or thank you to be tips worth remembering.
Old May 31st 2014, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Froggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Hannieroo, well said!!!

Hello marion83,
Here's Tip 1, which bakedbean has already mentioned: Make yourself a cuppa and start thoroughly READING all the existing forum topics on Singapore.

Tip 2: You had better be more specific and more forthcoming about yourself and what kind of a job you are after. No one else will bother to reply with such a vague and seemingly self-centred post as yours (but it might boil down to your command of the English language).

Tip 3: Bear this in mind: Unless you are being seconded or sponsored by a Singapore-based company that believes you have a skill or knowledge no other Singaporean in the job market may have, finding a job in Singapore on your own will be an uphill battle. Since 2009 the government has clamped down massively on granting permanent residencies, employment passes and work permits to foreigners, and this year is no exception.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

aaynoor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, What is your qualification and which area you are thinking to move in?
Old Dec 30th 2014, 8:07 am
Banned

ln2912 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Marion83,

Unsure if you have found a job and a place to stay as its nearing to your date of arrival in Singapore.

Wish you all the best!