Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hoping for photo of GrtGf soldiers grave-Karori Cemetery. Wellington

Hoping for photo of GrtGf soldiers grave-Karori Cemetery. Wellington

Old May 21st 2011, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

lpool has a brilliant futurelpool has a brilliant futurelpool has a brilliant futurelpool has a brilliant futurelpool has a brilliant futurelpool has a brilliant future
Default Hoping for photo of GrtGf soldiers grave-Karori Cemetery. Wellington

We are out in NZ 2012 but need to ask a huge, if cheeky, favour. My greatgrandfather is buried in the Soldiers' section of Karori Cemetery. My father wanted to visit his grave but finances and health prevented him. He is too ill to travel now. Would anyone be kind enough to take a photograph of the plaque on his grandfather's grave for him (assuming there is one)? We would be so grateful.
Old May 22nd 2011, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please - Wellington ex pats

I would love to if I lived in the North Island, I'm sure someone will be along soon to do it. What a fantastic NZ history you must have. Good luck to your father, I hope he gets better soon
Old May 22nd 2011, 6:17 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

So would I Woodlea. I would be up there like a shot as I am well into family history.

I am going to tweak this title for you & hope that you get a major result.

Last edited by BEVS; May 22nd 2011 at 6:22 am.
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My grt-gf is buried in the Soldiers' section of Karori Cemetery.

Originally Posted by lpool
We are out in NZ 2012 but need to ask a huge, if cheeky, favour. My greatgrandfather is buried in the Soldiers' section of Karori Cemetery. My father wanted to visit his grave but finances and health prevented him. He is too ill to travel now. Would anyone be kind enough to take a photograph of the plaque on his grandfather's grave for him (assuming there is one)? We would be so grateful.
Will this help ?

http://www.wellington.govt.nz/servic...rriorswalk.pdf
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

What an interesting read Bellasmum, thanks for that. NZ has a fascinating military history and it has such significance every day. I am interested in Sir Howard Kippenberger as I live in Rangiora and read up about him but didn't realise he was a solicitor here. I knew he must have had some connection because of Kippenberger Avenue on the way to Woodend. Your pamphlet filled in a few more gaps, thank you.
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

lpool has a brilliant futurelpool has a brilliant futurelpool has a brilliant futurelpool has a brilliant futurelpool has a brilliant futurelpool has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Woodlea
I would love to if I lived in the North Island, I'm sure someone will be along soon to do it. What a fantastic NZ history you must have. Good luck to your father, I hope he gets better soon
Thank you!
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
Thank you so much!
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
So would I Woodlea. I would be up there like a shot as I am well into family history.

I am going to tweak this title for you & hope that you get a major result.
Fingers crossed. Thank you!
Old May 23rd 2011, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Hoping for photo of GrtGf soldiers grave-Karori Cemetery. Wellington

Forgive my nosiness Ipool, however was you GrtGf mentioned in the link posted by Bellasmum?
Old May 23rd 2011, 1:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hoping for photo of GrtGf soldiers grave-Karori Cemetery. Wellington

Forgive my nosiness Ipool, however was you GrtGf mentioned in the link posted by Bellasmum?
Ooo. I was going to ask that. So very interesting
Old May 23rd 2011, 4:24 am
Just Joined

AboHadi has much to be proud ofAboHadi has much to be proud ofAboHadi has much to be proud ofAboHadi has much to be proud ofAboHadi has much to be proud ofAboHadi has much to be proud ofAboHadi has much to be proud ofAboHadi has much to be proud ofAboHadi has much to be proud ofAboHadi has much to be proud ofAboHadi has much to be proud of

Good day lpool

I live in Wellington and so happened to be interested in photography too...

I would be happy to take a few photos for you if you wish.. Please give me the details and I will do my best to go there this weekend (weather permitting)
Old May 23rd 2011, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Good one AboHadi and welcome to the forum!
Old May 23rd 2011, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Yes she kindly rewrote it for me to try to get a better response .
Old May 23rd 2011, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AboHadi
Good day lpool

I would be happy to take a few photos for you if you wish.. Please give me the details and I will do my best to go there this weekend (weather permitting)
I am beyond grateful! Thank you SO MUCH. His name is Richard Cruise and he is buried in the Soldiers' Section in plot 7T. I am just desperately hoping there is a plaque or something to photographs. Thank you.
Old May 23rd 2011, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Hoping for photo of GrtGf soldiers grave-Karori Cemetery. Wellington

Originally Posted by AboHadi
Good day lpool

AboHadi I replied to this but the reply seems to have appeared under my name instead of under your quote. Can you see it? I am so grateful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.