Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pregnant and moving to Spain soon!

Pregnant and moving to Spain soon!

Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:18 pm
Banned

rachel26 will become famous soon enoughrachel26 will become famous soon enough
Default Pregnant and moving to Spain soon!

Hiya all,

I'm Rachel, 26, and moving to Spain soon to be with my Spanish/English (he's got joint nationality) boyfriend. I'm preggers and going to be giving birth in Spain and still working 50 hours a week is a nightmare...my Spanish is virtually zilch and as bf is working literally all the time at the moment I can't ask him what things on my hospital list mean!

Arrghh!!

One stressed woman!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnant and moving to Spain soon!

Originally Posted by rachel26
Hiya all,

I'm Rachel, 26, and moving to Spain soon to be with my Spanish/English (he's got joint nationality) boyfriend. I'm preggers and going to be giving birth in Spain and still working 50 hours a week is a nightmare...my Spanish is virtually zilch and as bf is working literally all the time at the moment I can't ask him what things on my hospital list mean!

Arrghh!!

One stressed woman!
Please wait until the baby is born at least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Please wait until the baby is born at least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If only I could, but am giving birth on the 14th May so time is running out, even though I feel as though I don't have time to wipe my bum or anything atm!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Which area are you moving to?
Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:30 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations .... !!

Wondering why you would want to come to Spain so far gone and have the delivery in Spain...?

I delayed coming to Spain till my No 4 arrived...couldn't do what you're planning myself.

Is this your 1st?
Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:32 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Which area are you moving to?
Barcelona Mitzy!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by manamama
Congratulations .... !!

Wondering why you would want to come to Spain so far gone and have the delivery in Spain...?

I delayed coming to Spain till my No 4 arrived...couldn't do what you're planning myself.

Is this your 1st?
Thanks a lot! Because I just need a new life away from here, even though I'm s******g myself atm about everything...my washing machine and boiler have been down for a week and despite me literally pleading with the boiler company to get it sorted they say I have to be at home when they come round and fix it for me. On the up side, we have a name for the little'un - Chloe!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:49 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya all,

Arrghh!!

One stressed woman!
PM me with the words that you need to know and my wife can tell you all that you need, she will tranlate for you, if that is a help....

I am not getting involved with "womens stuff" too macho for that
Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Barcelona Mitzy!
And how's your Catalan? Seriously, some will refuse to speak Spanish and hospitals, nursaries, schools, ayuntamientos etc are all deliberately geared to making you and your children have to speak Catalan (which is fair enough imo).

But I do wish you all the best, an exciting time for you!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by JLFS
PM me with the words that you need to know and my wife can tell you all that you need, she will tranlate for you, if that is a help....

I am not getting involved with "womens stuff" too macho for that
Ok, will do that, but if anyone doesn't mind helping me on here, I'd be very grateful!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:24 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the panick ??? Stop, sit down and relax. Does it matter when you move to Spain? Wouldnt it simply be easier if you just left the move til after you've given birth???

Jo xxx
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:29 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Whats the panick ??? Stop, sit down and relax. Does it matter when you move to Spain? Wouldnt it simply be easier if you just left the move til after you've given birth???

Jo xxx
Maybe you should listen to Jo, Rachel26, take it slow, Jo should know, she has got oodles of children...............
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:51 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Maybe you should listen to Jo, Rachel26, take it slow, Jo should know, she has got oodles of children...............
Dunno about oodles LOL! I've got five of the things, ranging from 12yo to 26yo!!! One things for sure, when I was pregnant absolutely nobody was gonna make me rush around and panick about anything - I think pregnancy makes you change mentally tho. Some people rush around in a blind panick, nest building, worrying about everything, sorting the world out.... I didnt, I went the other way, I slobbed around. Rest and relaxation was my motto!!!! LOL

Jo xxx
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Dunno about oodles LOL! I've got five of the things, ranging from 12yo to 26yo!!! One things for sure, when I was pregnant absolutely nobody was gonna make me rush around and panick about anything - I think pregnancy makes you change mentally tho. Some people rush around in a blind panick, nest building, worrying about everything, sorting the world out.... I didnt, I went the other way, I slobbed around. Rest and relaxation was my motto!!!! LOL

Jo xxx

That is what I said, you have got oodles of kids...........
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:58 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

I'm like Jojo to.I'm pretty relaxed with having four of the darlings..ranging from 2 years to 11 years.

But...But the First was the hardest..I also worked full-time and stressed over the simplest of things.

I didn't fancy having a baby in a spanish hospital though...they don't give Gas and Air.

You just really need your Hospital / Birth Notes, and over night bag. Plus clothes for the baby to wear and nappies.

What else are you fretting about? Have you family here to help ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.