Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pregnant and moving to Spain soon!

Pregnant and moving to Spain soon!

Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnant and moving to Spain soon!

Originally Posted by rachel26
If only I could, but am giving birth on the 14th May so time is running out, even though I feel as though I don't have time to wipe my bum or anything atm!
Your time has probably already run out if you are thinking of flying. HERE
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:07 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
Yes..that's a huge consideration.

Babies sometimes come early too or late. My 2nd came at 37 weeks !

Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:11 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Trust a man to come up with the solution................

Trouser power,,,,,,
Old Apr 14th 2010, 7:10 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot! Because I just need a new life away from here, even though I'm s******g myself atm about everything...my washing machine and boiler have been down for a week and despite me literally pleading with the boiler company to get it sorted they say I have to be at home when they come round and fix it for me. On the up side, we have a name for the little'un - Chloe!
Hi, are you the same one who was going round the world (Australia, Dubai) last Autumn, worrying about knickers?
Old Apr 14th 2010, 7:35 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, are you the same one who was going round the world (Australia, Dubai) last Autumn, worrying about knickers?
hhhmm, thats a bit of a threadstopper!!!

Jo xxx
Old Apr 14th 2010, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
ha! Well spotted. Do the maths.....knickerless in the airport and already two months(?) pregnant....
Old Apr 14th 2010, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
I remember that one,
jdr not the mrs
Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

I gave birth near Barcelona and am wondering if this really is a good idea for you and your baby. I am not being negative for the sake of it or trying to frighten you, I admire your guts wanting to do it, but I think it is all a big rush and things would be less stressful in the UK. I personally think it will be a nightmare to sort out a hospital that will accept you and that you feel happy with in such a short space of time. I know in theory you can arrive in Spain and once in labour any public hospital will have to "deal with you", but this can be stressful (believe me...). And it's too late to get private healthcare unless you already have it. Home births are possible but booking that now may be hard too. Feel free to PM me, I can help out as I've been there done that and have lots of contacts there (including other pregnant ladies and a women's health centre!). And here is a website that will prove invaluable: http://www.barcelonabirth.net/
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya all,
my Spanish is virtually zilch and as bf is working literally all the time at the moment I can't ask him what things on my hospital list mean!
One stressed woman!
Sorry but this all sounds ridiculous.
You're moving 4 weeks before you are due, where you don't speak ANY spanish although your BF does but he's so busy he can't find time to help the mother and his child even with a few words.
Sorry if you don't like my opinion but I have more consideration for your baby than I do for the parents.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
Sorry but this all sounds ridiculous.
You're moving 4 weeks before you are due, where you don't speak ANY spanish although your BF does but he's so busy he can't find time to help the mother and his child even with a few words.
Sorry if you don't like my opinion but I have more consideration for your baby than I do for the parents.
I think just like the no-knicker post it's a wind-up

rachel26 is probably twice that age, bald and male with who gets their kicks in strange ways!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 11:15 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Errr ... dont you think thats rather rude
Seems a bit of a habit here recently
Old Apr 15th 2010, 11:20 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Errr ... dont you think thats rather rude
Seems a bit of a habit here recently
Being rude or wind up posts? lol
Old Apr 15th 2010, 11:22 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

People being rude, and taking threads off topic
Old Apr 15th 2010, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
I think just like the no-knicker post it's a wind-up

rachel26 is probably twice that age, bald and male with who gets their kicks in strange ways!
Well I got that impression from the comments earlier and it sounds ridiculous enough to be a wind up but mitzyboy thinks it's legit and he's the one who decides on these things.
Either way it's ridiculous
Old Apr 15th 2010, 11:50 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

The content and style of the thread is odd enough, and if you look at all the OP's earlier threads and posts elsewhere on the BE forum, this thread becomes unbelievable.
If the OP proves to be bona fide, then I apologise...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.