Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pregnant and moving to Spain soon!

Pregnant and moving to Spain soon!

Old Apr 15th 2010, 12:35 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnant and moving to Spain soon!

The offers of help have been posted on here, and I am sure Saritabarcelona would be able to give invaluable advice on the matter, as she has been there, done that, got the t shirt, and a safely deliverd baby to boot.

That is what the poster wanted, so a result for the forum.........
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:09 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
The content and style of the thread is odd enough, and if you look at all the OP's earlier threads and posts elsewhere on the BE forum, this thread becomes unbelievable.
If the OP proves to be bona fide, then I apologise...
Quite frankly it's too late because comments were made already. The damage is done. Most times when this happens (as it does often) the new poster usually disappears or asks for their account to be deleted.

If I were new on the forum and I got this kind of approach, then I wouldnt post again.

Assumptions are made, posters are lost. If people don't want to post on such threads ..... then don't, just let the threads go down the order
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:26 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manamama
I'm like Jojo to.I'm pretty relaxed with having four of the darlings..ranging from 2 years to 11 years.

But...But the First was the hardest..I also worked full-time and stressed over the simplest of things.

I didn't fancy having a baby in a spanish hospital though...they don't give Gas and Air.

You just really need your Hospital / Birth Notes, and over night bag. Plus clothes for the baby to wear and nappies.

What else are you fretting about? Have you family here to help ?
I cannot believe that they dont give gas and air in Spanish hospitals, how do they expect us fathers to get through a painful and long labour, without a few whifs of the magic gas to help us through a rather gruelling time........

Last edited by JLFS; Apr 15th 2010 at 1:33 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

Mitzyboy, I regularly gripe about this... People who possibly (disclaimer) have no idea about birth either here, there or in Outer Mongolia, giving their opinions on a post about being pregnant... It just seems to me that certain people are looking for any excuse to criticise. My post was quite critical, but it comes from genuine concern and a desire to help, rather than just find fault with everything the OP says (which could apply in any post, not just this one).
Old Apr 15th 2010, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SaritaBarcelona
Mitzyboy, I regularly gripe about this... People who possibly (disclaimer) have no idea about birth either here, there or in Outer Mongolia, giving their opinions on a post about being pregnant... It just seems to me that certain people are looking for any excuse to criticise. My post was quite critical, but it comes from genuine concern and a desire to help, rather than just find fault with everything the OP says (which could apply in any post, not just this one).
Let people give opinions if they like, thats what the forum is here for. Who's to judge who is most qualified.

Although you say it is painful to give birth in Spain, it is much safer. Actually the shocking stat from the link below is that a mother is 250% more likely to die giving birth in the USA than in Spain!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...elopment-goals
Old Apr 15th 2010, 3:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Let people give opinions if they like, thats what the forum is here for. Who's to judge who is most qualified.
Opinions are always welcomed. Judgements about if people are trolls or windup merchants are down to admin, me, and the rest of the mods who have much more information available to them than any member on the forum.

Now lets move on, eh?
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

My post was quite critical, but it comes from genuine concern and a desire to help, rather than just find fault with everything the OP says (which could apply in any post, not just this one).
In this instance I think most posts were done in the same concern.
It is always a thin line between opinion and judgment, criticism and frankness.
As with all forums, peoples personalities are varied and one man's constructive criticism is anothers honesty.
Do you say.."I think you need to re evaluate your choices" or "get a reality check", both mean the same, one is just more polite.
In this instance we are talking about a very serious matter and IMO the OP 'appears' not to have thought this through very clearly at all and needs professional advice not random opinions.
I think it is this somewhat vague attitude she has that has been the cause of speculation to the validity, which is totally understandable.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 6:48 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Given that it was about being pregnant..and coming to Spain...I was surprised to find men giving their 2penth worth.

Old Apr 15th 2010, 6:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Given that it was about being pregnant..and coming to Spain...I was surprised to find men giving their 2penth worth.

What a sexist remark, we probably know as much about being pregnant as women.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 6:57 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
What a sexist remark, we probably know as much about being pregnant as women.
Er don't think so...even before I was pregnant I had no idea.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 7:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Er don't think so...even before I was pregnant I had no idea.
So it`s just a pink job then ? get real.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 7:38 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
So it`s just a pink job then ? get real.
Id like to see one of you blokes going through it chuck hahahaha especially one of you southern softie blokes eh jdr
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Id like to see one of you blokes going through it chuck hahahaha especially one of you southern softie blokes eh jdr
I can deep breathe and fart as good as any womun.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:14 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I can deep breathe and fart as good as any womun.
Oh right so its only a deep breath n a good fart then is it hahahahahahaha
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:19 pm
Banned

rachel26 will become famous soon enoughrachel26 will become famous soon enough

Sorry guys! Been rushed off my feet today at work, but have seen all your messages and understand what you mean about flying. I may well put it off until the baby has been born actually, going on what I've read and what you've been saying. Still would like to know the meaning of these words though because will be going to live in Spain sooner or later!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.