Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old May 23rd 2008, 1:10 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Originally Posted by p031642
ACS re-assessment means re-applicaiton. That's was what my agent conveyed to me. What makes me frustrats is that they don't even bother to find out from my CO in regards to this new MODL published can be treated as my new points after being re-assessed...That's the major drawback when you've engaged an agent.
Actually we've had no difficulty sorting out the revised MODL issue for our clients - I'd suggest you get your agent to try again. Also, new assessment doesn't necessarily mean a new application, again I'd suggest this needs to be clarified with your case officer.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:36 am
Just Joined

p031642 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Geroge for your encouragement.

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Actually we've had no difficulty sorting out the revised MODL issue for our clients - I'd suggest you get your agent to try again. Also, new assessment doesn't necessarily mean a new application, again I'd suggest this needs to be clarified with your case officer.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

tscriven is on a distinguished road

We are feeling a bit more positive as my brother will have lived on the Central Coast for 2 years in September, so we may be able to go down the sponsorship route if all else fails. Fingerscross there is hope for us at last!

Although I'm hoping that we will have some answers from the Aus. Government by then, as I can't stand this frustrating hanging around anymore, how long as it been with no news....it's so very unfair and that's saying it politely!!!
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

This whole thing is just a disgrace, the thing that is starting to bug me is the measely 5 points you get for Spouse skills..I had to pay to pass a 50 point ASCO Skill Assessment to just be awarded 5 points (as I'm not the main applicant), surely if both applicants are classed as skilled this should go in your favour....so why is it just award a low 5 points????

I think I can only re-iterate what everyone else is feeling -pretty letdown and cheesed off. My husband and I have got three degrees between us, years of experience, money ready to go... and yet it is all not good enough?

My company has invited me to go on their career fast-track programme (for the second time) for high performers (I couldn't go on the first one as I was away getting married and would have missed some of the training). The programme runs for 9 months - Australia if my husband and I are not the sort of people you are looking for then there is something seriously wrong with your system!!! We met ALL your requirements and yet we have still not been granted our visa - Shame on you and the department!
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

SteveandGina is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by George Lombard

Cheers,

George Lombard
Hi George,

We would very much appreciate it, if you could please let us know :
Were these clients mentioned above, 5 points short due to our investment bond nightmare ?

Our agent has mailed and chased the case officer regarding us using the new MODL points but has heard nothing as yet. He says they have a few of us in the same situation and possibly the case officers may be waiting for a decision from above. Lets hope not since we know how long this can take.

Kind Regards
Steve and Gina

Last edited by SteveandGina; May 23rd 2008 at 10:58 am.
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:15 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Email sent to me by a Manager at the ASPC today:

" ... some applicants may now meet with MODL points, we are going through cases to see what we can now finalise ... "

I suggest your agent communicates with senior persons at the ASPC as it seems the new MODL IS being considered, even where an application has been assessed already.

Best regards.
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough

Alan, is there any chance of them giving the extra five points for scoring above 7.5 in each section and 8.5 overall in the IELTS exam? Under new rules we would score 25 points and not the 20 as per pre Sept 07 rule changes?
Thanks for posting it at least sounds like they are trying to resolve the matter. Do you think I should ask my agent to contact them on my behalf and pose the above question?
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:27 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

You can ask, but as things stand I think you stand no chance of the outcome you are seeking - the additional points for passing the IELTS test at the level you have described pertains to an entirely different class of visas - ie those that came into play from 01/09/2007.

Best regards.
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

SteveandGina is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Email sent to me by a Manager at the ASPC today:

" ... some applicants may now meet with MODL points, we are going through cases to see what we can now finalise ... "

I suggest your agent communicates with senior persons at the ASPC as it seems the new MODL IS being considered, even where an application has been assessed already.

Best regards.
Thankyou very much Alan and George for both your updates with regards to the MODL points. We are very grateful and we will advise our agent to contact the senior persons at the ASPC as you mention.

All have a nice weekend.

Kind Regards
Steve & Gina
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Alan for responding although it was not what I was hoping to hear. Well, we will just have to hope they make some sort of plan for us to lodge the investment or get our visas in spite of the present dilemma.
This has cost us close to R45 000 so far in terms of agents fees, application fee, documents, Ielts etc.
I know what you mean Joanne, it's very frustrating watching all the post Sept 1 people get their visas promptly while we who applied months before don't even know where we stand in the queue anymore.
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

MontyMon is a jewel in the roughMontyMon is a jewel in the roughMontyMon is a jewel in the roughMontyMon is a jewel in the roughMontyMon is a jewel in the rough

I'll repost this, as current mood here seems a little combative.
No suprises that this person has not had good grace to reply to my e-mail yet. Please people lets fill her inbox with our story

"Suggest that we all e-mail the nice person at Channel7 who left her e-mail address on this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536634

I have already, telling our story, but 1 person is easy to dismiss. Please mail them as well, a small wave would be difficult for them to ignore"
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Originally Posted by MontyMon
I'll repost this, as current mood here seems a little combative.
No suprises that this person has not had good grace to reply to my e-mail yet. Please people lets fill her inbox with our story

"Suggest that we all e-mail the nice person at Channel7 who left her e-mail address on this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536634

I have already, telling our story, but 1 person is easy to dismiss. Please mail them as well, a small wave would be difficult for them to ignore"
I guess no harm in trying....

But looking at that other thread, and working in television as I do. I am not surprised they haven't taken up our cause. If they are looking for a particular kind of story, they will have been commissioned to do just that. It isn't so easy to drop everything and change the whole perspective of a TV show, even a current affairs one. From my experience, 99% chance the original poster is some very young researcher and they won't have the gumption to do anything other than what they have been told to do.

But saying that, common decency would mean hoping for a reply of some sort.

Gaz
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah Gazzap, i work as a print journo and you are quite right...don't see our 'little' problem which has no bearing on the UK really being particularly newsworthy to them. The Australian press on the other hand might be a little more interested.
If you browse the media releases on senator Evans' website he seems to have made some effort to resolve numerous cases that went to the ombudsman during the prior government's rule perhaps the complaint and petition routes are the best to follow. And somehow to attract the attention of the Aus media.
But there is still no harm in mailing the reporter who posted the link. Perhaps we can suggest she does a story on - what would it take to make UK citizen's stay in the country, using the $100 000 dilemma and our desperation to find a positive solution to go, as starting point to show that there are many who still can't wait to leave and have no intention of returning for good? (Never mind that I am in SA..so I won't be able to participate in that one although hubby was UK born, our first choice is Australia)
Sorry, it's late, I'm rambling on.
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

I have thought and thought (and thought) of an angle that might get the media interested in us- either at home or in Oz.
But assuming one of us doesn't go and do a naked protest outside the Minister's office in Canberra I can't see what would make us particularly exciting to cover. Much as it means everything to us currently, unfortunately I don't think it's all that interesting to the public at large...

There's more chance of interest in the 227 students (as there already has been)!
Old May 24th 2008, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

Yes off course the direct "victims" of this scam!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.