Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

scudge is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

George Lombard,

I'm not sure if you've already commented on the latest rumour. I wondered what your thoughts are on the credibility of the July 1st anticipated announcment?

Thanks!

Regards..

Scudge.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:43 pm
darrens1

darrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nice

George,

I would like to add too scrudge's comments and ask are "ISCAH" a reputable source of information. I believe that they are a group of ex immigration employees.... can you confirm!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 2:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darrens1
George,

I would like to add too scrudge's comments and ask are "ISCAH" a reputable source of information. I believe that they are a group of ex immigration employees.... can you confirm!
http://www.iscah.com/disclaim.html

Steven O'Neil was a BE poster for a good while too.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

WITHOUT WISHING TO RAISE ANY UN FOUNDED HOPE...........

I and another in this mess have had requests for medicals and Police checks through our agent today from our case officer........

Remember way back in the dark days of November no allocation of case officer until resolution to the bond and all applications put on hold............

It would appear something is happening and we are delighted after so long to be back in the running again......

Hope everyone waiting get positive movement soon

Be Lucky

Pomerz
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough

Fantastic news Pomerz!! What a relief to finally get some movement on your visa application after waiting so many months.
I look forward to the day my agents send me the e-mail with the request for PCC and medicals.
Definitely good news to hear something is actually happening with your application. I think you can probably start getting ready to celebrate!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Benaud is on a distinguished road

Congrats Pomerz!

Does this mean that they have wavered the 5 points you required for the investment then?

Is it possible for someone who has recently been asked for Medicals etc from their case officer to ask the question if the investment has been wavered or what is going on? Its agonising waiting for any news...
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Guys,

My agent is emailing to ask the question so as soon as i here more i will of course let everyone know what i know!

Fingers crossed for all of us
Old Jun 18th 2008, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough

Hi Pomerz

Waiting with bated breath for some good news!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

IMalwaysintrouble is an unknown quantity at this point

1 July 2008 Legislative Changes
The Notice of Legislative changes will be published on DIMA website at 9:00am (AEST) 1 July 2008.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:49 am
Account Closed

2me2us is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IMalwaysintrouble
1 July 2008 Legislative Changes
The Notice of Legislative changes will be published on DIMA website at 9:00am (AEST) 1 July 2008.
Do you guys think the changes would definitely include our investment issues as we hope now or just only the application fees adjustment and a new assessment processing center located in Brisbane??
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

marwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by pomerz
WITHOUT WISHING TO RAISE ANY UN FOUNDED HOPE...........

I and another in this mess have had requests for medicals and Police checks through our agent today from our case officer........

Remember way back in the dark days of November no allocation of case officer until resolution to the bond and all applications put on hold............

It would appear something is happening and we are delighted after so long to be back in the running again......

Hope everyone waiting get positive movement soon

Be Lucky

Pomerz
Hi Pomerz

Congratulations on your good news. Is this request based on your original 136 application or is it as a result of you changing to a regional/sponsored visa?
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:26 am
darrens1

darrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nice

Well done pommerz.

As a follow on to my previous post I have been in dialog with the source of information to try and establish how reliable their source actually is.
In response they have indicated that they would give them 80 out of 100 for reliability...... does this indicate a glimmer of hope?
Nothing is certain ..... only speculation.

darrens1
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Jimmyinaustralia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 2me2us
Do you guys think the changes would definitely include our investment issues as we hope now or just only the application fees adjustment and a new assessment processing center located in Brisbane??
I spoke to several agents based in Sydney about the possibility that DIAC is going to announce about the $100K issue.

They told me that if DIAC is to make any announcment about this issue, July 1st is the time Because since no state is offering us the chance to deposit $100K now, so that to make all applicants eligible or rather provide further options to gain 5 bonus points needs a change in legislation and July 1 is the day when we'll changes and new additions to immigration rules.

The agents I spoke are well known people in their profession but even their sources in DIAC couldn't confirm the same. DIAC is keeping very quite about the entire issue and it's very rare that any information gets leaked before the official date. Anyhow July 1 is not far away. :

Updating the MODL list was a sudden and unexpected move I think. which actually helped some of the applicants here.

m sure all of us are quite to used to waiting curiously for dates where any such new developments are expected.

Under Labour govt. approval rate for 457 work visa applicants have increased a lot so that's a good news from a potential immigrant point of view.

In plain english, I would like to add that I have confirmed from several agents that there's "nothing" they or us can do to make DIAC announce about their decision regardless of the pain and agony we and our families are going through.

However common sense says if DIAC would have wanted to reject our applications they would have done it long way back but they didn't So all we can do is to just wait for July 1 and see what other applicants like Pomez have to tell us about their application
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

bigpond is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope the announce something for us. But wouldn't they give any clue if they are to announce some option for us on July.Like we know they gonna increase application fees, allocate a new processing centre.And If DIAC doesn't know yet about the solution to be updated on July 1st, then I would say there is little chance to hear anything.
I hope I doesn't remain as a rumour for ever.And everyone get some hope to have a way out of this problem.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well i did start this thread so its only fair i share the little crumbs i have....

I contacted my agent today who told me this...

Our case officer (who was known to the agent as being around for a while and is respected) was asked if he was sure knowing that we were bond victims, if we were still requested to get Meds and PCC's to which the reply was "he was aware we were stuck in the bond hold up and he was absolute in his request for the meds ect"

He still wasnt drawn on what was happening or indeed if we were being transferred to a state sponsored visa (the old 137 which for those of you that dont know SA state sponsorship 6 weeks ago but we couldnt proceed with because of issues relating to crossing of T's and dotting of some I's) but again the feeling from our agent was that we still on for the 136 bond trail......

I do hope im not raising undue hope but lately hope is all we have had so its good news that something may just be starting i think.....

Good Times

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.