Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old May 28th 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

I agree Joanne I am also tired of guessing and just want the official decision at this stage.
Old May 28th 2008, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Originally Posted by geelong
May be a question for Alan, George or anyone in the know, about the Commonwealth bond option. I thought the bond must be placed with a State Treasury Corporation, not the Commonwealth. Does this mean it wouldn't be able to be a direct replacement to gain our 5 points?

Yes, definitely not me!

But in my opinion, in some way they are going to have to cover new ground, to resolve this, as I'm sure this must be pretty much an un-precedented situation anyway. Hence the delay (I assume).
Old May 30th 2008, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

mcts is on a distinguished road

I have this thing on whata new section -- what does this mean?

Capital Investment Scheme – 16 May 2008
Find out about changes to the Capital Investment Scheme affecting applicants who applied for GSM visas prior to 1 September 2007 which was last updated on 27 May 2008.
Old May 30th 2008, 1:31 am
Just Joined

p031642 is on a distinguished road

Ya. Make me curios too. I can't find any news update on it ? Can any one ?

Originally Posted by mcts

Find out about changes to the Capital Investment Scheme affecting applicants who applied for GSM visas prior to 1 September 2007 which was last updated on 27 May 2008.
Old May 30th 2008, 2:17 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

looks like they forgot to publish the link but it sounds like there is some news
Old May 30th 2008, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

mcts is on a distinguished road

can Allen or George give us some information about this thing ?
Old May 30th 2008, 4:44 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - when we have something to report.

I enquired of Central Office 3 hours ago as to the new text on the DIAC website, and await a reply.

Best regards.
Old May 30th 2008, 5:25 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Yes - when we have something to report.

I enquired of Central Office 3 hours ago as to the new text on the DIAC website, and await a reply.

Best regards.
No I spoke to the key person in the Department after that date and she was saying nothing - a bit like Sergeant Schultz in Hogan's Heroes, "I know nothing, I know nothing"... Just have to wait guys. Hope the Minister has a good explanation for the delay, the longer it goes the more deserving you all become.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 30th 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

MontyMon is a jewel in the roughMontyMon is a jewel in the roughMontyMon is a jewel in the roughMontyMon is a jewel in the roughMontyMon is a jewel in the rough

Might be missing something here, where is this link from??
Old May 30th 2008, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

They seem to have posted the text now...

Capital Investment Scheme for pre-1 September GSM visa applications – 27 May 2008

The Department is currently considering options for applicants affected by the withdrawal of the States and Territories from the Capital Investment scheme.

There will be an update provided on the ‘What’s New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration’ page when a decision is made.

Prior to 1 September 2007 GSM visa applicants could earn 5 bonus points if they deposited at least $100,000 in a designated security for a term of not less than 12 months. The NSW, Queensland and NT Treasury Corporations and the SA Government Financing Authority had been State and Territory authorities participating in these arrangements (the Western Australia Government withdrew from 1 July 2007).

Each of the participating States and Territories have notified the department of their withdrawal of support for the use of treasury bonds for this purpose. This means that no State or Territory will issue a security in which an investment is a ‘designated security’. There is no compulsion on States or Territories to participate in the scheme. Whether the State or Territory government authorities actually issue a security is ultimately a matter for them to determine.

The new visa arrangements for the GSM Program introduced from 1 September 2007 did not include the provisions for the lodgement of designated securities. The closure of the arrangements will only affect visa applications lodged before 1 September 2007.
Old May 30th 2008, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Thanks Joanne. Nothing new there then.
Old May 30th 2008, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Tom_VI is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I am checking immo.gov.au nearly every day now but except from the updating of the date nothing changed regarding our issue.:curse:
Old May 30th 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Yes nothing new there but if you read it carefully it says "it is ultimately up to" the states to decide whether they will accept the investments. I wonder if there is a chance that some will elect to do this?
Old May 30th 2008, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

buzzersdownunder is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys where is this link??
Old May 30th 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

It's from the e-mail update that you receive when you send a blank mail to [email protected]

The text has been there for weeks so nothing new.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.