Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Missing items when shipped over

Missing items when shipped over

Old Nov 20th 2009, 10:13 am
Just Joined

fallen angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Missing items when shipped over

We used John Masons. They somehow managed to loose the bar off the front of the pushchair and the raincover. It was attached firmly and was already packed in its box (we hadn't had it long so still had the original packaging) so I put it back in there. I know both bits went in the box as I know I put them in there in the garage which was empty apart from packed boxes. It wasn't left in the garage so I can only assume some sort of odd alien creature need a Buzz bar and raincover and vaporised it away. Also a tub of perscription skin cream and steroid cream. Very annoying.

They also managed to take apart the cot and vaporise the sides. Base and mattress made it here with the screws but not the bars. Thankfully it was a cot bed so the 12m old just graduated cot to bed earlier than we wanted!

Unfortunately none of the boxes of crap went missing. Ditto some of the kids toys; they wouldn't have missed a box or two!
Old Nov 20th 2009, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fallen angel

Unfortunately none of the boxes of crap went missing. Ditto some of the kids toys; they wouldn't have missed a box or two!
Should have labelled those boxes "very expensive dvd player" and "DVDs".
Old Nov 20th 2009, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MERCAT
Has anyone had items missing from their container when they were packed in the UK and shipped over to Oz?

We have, OH had some tools which went missing enroute and my sister's OH had his flight jacket taken from one of their boxes!
Yep, we lost 2 boxes of shoes worth 800GBP. They were checked off as collected from our house in the UK but they were missing when they turned up in Australia. I assume someone in the warehouse took a liking to them.

We got the 800GBP back within a month from the insurance.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

ukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud of

This thread is worrying.. I mean its one thing to perhaps have something break 'in transit' but to have things stolen is just downright appalling... whatever its value. I think I'll take the time to keep a list of everything in each box then I can tick it off as we unpack.... at least then we'll know asap if something has gone walkies.

There's probably a museum somewhere - 'shippers whacky finds!' Perhaps they run a competition for the weirdest thing they can steal!
Old Nov 21st 2009, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

We didnt have anything go missing , but we were inspected at customs and everything was transfered from our original container to another one while they looked through it ...The packers in the Uk were fab (Allied Pickfords) and they packed it really well ..but when they opened up the container this end ..i kid you not they had just thrown everything in. We had a few heavy boxes piled on our very expensive leather sofas which caused some dents etc
It really was a mess ...they dont care though theyre not being watched and if we claim its not from them ....
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 12:47 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I've just made up a poll on this question - it will be interesting to see how many of us had things go AWOL

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641611
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I am missing a pair of leather knee high boots and 2 plastic chopping boards!

I know they are missing because they are not items I got rid of before leaving and they are not here!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still going through the boxes and inventory list. We packed everything ourselves. AQIS opened about 1/3 of the boxes--the others are still sealed with our original tape. So, we'll see if anything has gone missing.

It concerns me that some of the missing items other have talked about are more sentimental/collectible in nature. I mean, I almost expect them to take things like DVDs or jewelry, but tea spoons and leather boots...
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 10:45 am
Just Joined

surf n turf is an unknown quantity at this point

I know what happened to all my missing items, my OH lobbed them out with out telling me. My DVD's of John Denver, my old leather jacket and my gold medalion plus my flair's.

My mother in law used to pin her jewelry behind the curtains and left them last time she moved.

Seriously though how many times do you mislay something or they disapear with out logical explanation only to turn up much later.

If you didn't lose gloves, pens or CD's what would you do for Christmas presents.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:21 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt someone on here have their firearms t remember if it was John Masons but they denied it but it later showed up on CCTV and the cops were called.