F29
Could you have a say on:
1 6weeks to 2months --------links/experience
2 they will send by an email /by post
3 how long will it take to change if possible

many thanks
Old Feb 5th 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: change from 175 to 176

Originally Posted by sharing
F29
Could you have a say on:
1 6weeks to 2months --------links/experience
2 they will send by an email /by post
3 how long will it take to change if possible

many thanks
1 My last one was done over Christmas in about 3 weeks - but I got in early with that as soon as the CSL ws announced and I realised Painters were not on it. I regularly phone the manager of the SBDC in Perth which is where I got the info that procesin gtimes are 6 weeks and heading for 2 months - give them a quick ring and get it from the horses mouth.

2 they email the approval and you then scan and email the signed undertaking with yoru file number - forwarding the 1100 to ASPC seems to take a couple of weeks or more as I had to chase it through as my clients had flights to catch. Best to notify ASPC with a copy of the approval letter as soon as you get it - ASPC can then start procesing anticipating the Form 1100's arrival.

3 will take about 3 months for the whole process before you could realistically expect your case to be allocated as a 176.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 5th 2009, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

sharing is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Welshtony :

Thank you very much for your reply.

And have a nice Friday.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

Can anyone explain what was this?????? I got this today morning and am surprised!!!!

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your application for nomination under the Skilled – Sponsored visa scheme.

We note from your application that you are eligible to apply directly to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship for a Skilled – Independent (175) visa and do not require state nomination. Please note that we have closed your file.

Please quote Reference Number : SS-XXXXXXX in all of your communication to us.

Kind Regards,

Skilled and Business Migration Program

Workforce Victoria

Department Of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development

GPO Box 4509, Melbourne, 3000

www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au |

T: 03 9938 0556 | F: 03 9938 0547 | [email protected]
Old Feb 5th 2009, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

looks like Victoria have decided only to sponsor those that score less than 120. Could filter through to other States if the yare getting swamped and used just to speed up people's 175 applications

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

sharing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scaria197
Can anyone explain what was this?????? I got this today morning and am surprised!!!!

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your application for nomination under the Skilled – Sponsored visa scheme.

We note from your application that you are eligible to apply directly to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship for a Skilled – Independent (175) visa and do not require state nomination. Please note that we have closed your file.

Kind Regards,

Workforce Victoria

how long has it taken to Vic ss application for you?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

Applied Jan 15..got this today
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony,

I am confused on if I should pursue applying for some other State? My skill COmputing Professional-Nec Network Security is on the list for WA.

OR

Should I just hope my that hopefully I get a CO assigned soon after Feb 13.

Applying for another state-any affects on the current 175 application with DIAC???
Old Feb 6th 2009, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by welshtony
looks like Victoria have decided only to sponsor those that score less than 120. Could filter through to other States if the yare getting swamped and used just to speed up people's 175 applications

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Wise move I would say, I have posted before that I predicted that the state approvals would get swamped by Queue jumpers who were rushing trying to get state sponsorship in order to shave a few months off the waiting time.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...66#post7174666

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...87#post7173987

Poor bastards who have less than 120 points were being robbed of state sponsorship approval by people who had 120+ points .....not really fair to those people who really required the state sponsorship either.

I would say that the other states will follow for sure..... I can see the reasons why Chris Evans made the new changes..... but to be honest it has made more of a mess of the whole process and they are wasting time running around trying to fix loop holes.

If he was so interested in keeping more people in employment in what he has described as difficult times he should have doubled the application fee and doubled the processing staff.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

chillchap is an unknown quantity at this point

So it means that its better to wait for CSL Applicants to get finalized instead to apply for SS ....

But i wish that after 13th feb ... something really positive appear for the CSL and MODL applicants ....
Old Feb 6th 2009, 7:28 am
CHB
BE Enthusiast

CHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really nice

Originally Posted by chillchap
So it means that its better to wait for CSL Applicants to get finalized instead to apply for SS ....

But i wish that after 13th feb ... something really positive appear for the CSL and MODL applicants ....
i wish too, but the Legislation will be changed on 15th Feb 2009, i hope it don't bring us more disappointing news...
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Pietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nice

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Wise move I would say, I have posted before that I predicted that the state approvals would get swamped by Queue jumpers who were rushing trying to get state sponsorship in order to shave a few months off the waiting time.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...66#post7174666

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...87#post7173987

Poor bastards who have less than 120 points were being robbed of state sponsorship approval by people who had 120+ points .....not really fair to those people who really required the state sponsorship either.

I would say that the other states will follow for sure..... I can see the reasons why Chris Evans made the new changes..... but to be honest it has made more of a mess of the whole process and they are wasting time running around trying to fix loop holes.

If he was so interested in keeping more people in employment in what he has described as difficult times he should have doubled the application fee and doubled the processing staff.
To be fair, most of this is DIAC's fault. If they would only say something like "Hey, 175's, don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you guys. Your applications will still be processed, and we'll do our best to stick to the timelines given on the websties. Worst case scenario, you might have to wait another 2 or 3 months on top of the timeline, that's all", then this mad dash to secure state sponsorship should drop significantly.

But nobody knows, all they've said so far is that 175 won't be processed before 13 Feb, and even then it's only the CSL and MODL ones, and all the while sponsored applications will continue to enjoy priority.

I should qualify for a 175 visa once I get my skills assesment back, 125 points but not on CSL or MODL, but I'm also looking to secure state sponsorship simply because DIAC won't assure me that my application won't lie in the queue indefinitely. I would obviously prefer the 175, just to keep all my options open, but all I know at this point is that sponsored visas is currently, and will in the future, receive priority in processing, and the 175's will just have to wait in line while the 176's get to jump the queue indefinitely.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pietie
To be fair, most of this is DIAC's fault. If they would only say something like "Hey, 175's, don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you guys. Your applications will still be processed, and we'll do our best to stick to the timelines given on the websties. Worst case scenario, you might have to wait another 2 or 3 months on top of the timeline, that's all", then this mad dash to secure state sponsorship should drop significantly.

But nobody knows, all they've said so far is that 175 won't be processed before 13 Feb, and even then it's only the CSL and MODL ones, and all the while sponsored applications will continue to enjoy priority.

I should qualify for a 175 visa once I get my skills assesment back, 125 points but not on CSL or MODL, but I'm also looking to secure state sponsorship simply because DIAC won't assure me that my application won't lie in the queue indefinitely. I would obviously prefer the 175, just to keep all my options open, but all I know at this point is that sponsored visas is currently, and will in the future, receive priority in processing, and the 175's will just have to wait in line while the 176's get to jump the queue indefinitely.
Well if what Tony says is true...... and you have 125 points then you are not going to get state sponsorship.

As you said you don't want your application to lie in a queue...... sounds very like queue jumping.

There is a target of 7% state/territory sponsorship (see post below) that the states would not have the resources to approve more sponsorships than that original target, I would imagine that since the 17th December there has been an incredible spike in applications for S/T Sponsorship and I would say that the penny has dropped that applicants with less than 120 points (due to age etc) are going to lose out.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...33#post7190633

Its still only 7% but with the state occupation list reduced you are getting more Carpenters, Plumbers and Nurses etc etc within that 7%.

They do not want some 175 applicant who has 120 points and with an occupation for example dog groomer applying for state sponsorship just to jump the queue when maybe a 39 year old intensive care Nurse is in need of that sponsorship.

Sorry to any dog groomer's who might be offended at me using their profession as an example.

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Feb 6th 2009 at 12:03 pm. Reason: missing word
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:58 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scaria197

Dear XXXXXXX,

Kind Regards,

Workforce Victoria

I would be taking the matter straight back to the VIC Government and asking for an explanation - do they want your skilled occupation in their State or not?

Do they want you in their State sooner rather than later? Do they understand the prioritisation of a VIC Sponsored application, as against a non-sponsored visa?

Good luck.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Pietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nice

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Well if what Tony says is true...... and you have 125 points then you are not going to get state sponsorship.

As you said you don't want your application to lie in a queue...... sounds very like queue jumping.

There is a target of 7% state/territory sponsorship (see post below) that the states would not have the resources to approve more sponsorships than that original target, I would imagine that since the 17th December there has been an incredible spike in applications for S/T Sponsorship and I would say that the penny has dropped that applicants with less than 120 points (due to age etc) are going to lose out.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...33#post7190633

Its still only 7% but with the state occupation list reduced you are getting more Carpenters, Plumbers and Nurses etc etc within that 7%.

They do not want some 175 applicant who has 120 points and with an occupation for example dog groomer applying for state sponsorship just to jump the queue when maybe a 39 year old intensive care Nurse is in need of that sponsorship.

Sorry to any dog groomer's who might be offended at me using their profession as an example.

It seems you have misunderstood my post: from the very beginning it was my plan to apply for a 175 visa, and if DIAC can give me some kind of assurance that the timelines on the website is still valid, I'll still go for a 175 visa. Yes, it will take a bit longer than a 176 visa, but I am prepared to wait. What worries me is that now the 175 visas have been paused, and there has been no word from DIAC as to when they will start to process the 175 again. I'm not looking to jump any queue, but I'm not going to stand in a queue that I know is not moving, and isn't likely to start moving in the near future either.

If it is indeed true that states will not be sponsoring 120+ point applicants, so be it. It's something that is out of my control, but my skills are on 2 states' sponsorship lists, surely that is the big decider for a state as to whether or not to sponsor my application. If a certain state has a need for my skills, why shouldn't they sponsor me, just because I might be taking the place of another applicant who scores less points than myself?

Again, if the 175 visa is still a viable option, (and I agree, your theory regarding the 7% state sponsorship is sound,) then I will go for the 175 visa and wait a bit longer. But I'm not prepared to wait indefinitely, while applicants who scored less points than myself gets to realize their dreams, and I'm just supposed to wait around for who knows how long, just because I score more points.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.