Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

I did the math.. and I think it will be twice faster.. am I right?

I did the math.. and I think it will be twice faster.. am I right?

Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:34 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I did the math.. and I think it will be twice faster.. am I right?

Originally Posted by mavios
Ok, here is the facts:
1- ASPC have divided the application into 4 groups according to the new priorities.
2- I read somewhere that in an official statement 5 MODL occupations in 2007/2008 program had a share of about 50% of the overall applications and now those 5 occupations are not on the CSL.
3- Group 1 will be processed in 1 month until 13 Feb 2009

Assumptions:
1- ASPC is using full power to assign CO to each group at a time.
2- in 2008/2009 program the same 5 occupations have the same 50% share.

So the MATH would be:
Group 1 + Group 2 = 50%
now using ASPC full power means -----> processing time 2008 / 2009 (CSL) = 1/2 processing time 2008 /2009 (CSL) (without the priorties being in effect) + 1 month

Is it right???
Sorry, only anecdotal but our agent told us that state nominated (cannot remember if employer sponsored was mentioned but don't think so) could be processed in a day. Also, they have had an increase in state nominated applications (used to be about 7%).

Cooler
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Sorry, only anecdotal but our agent told us that state nominated (cannot remember if employer sponsored was mentioned but don't think so) could be processed in a day. Also, they have had an increase in state nominated applications (used to be about 7%).

Cooler

Employer sponsored is not processed at ASPC.

State/Territory Nominated sponsorship is expected to be 7% (See attached) for the program year there could be an increase/Spike, but maybe not since the state occupation's lists have been reduced there would be less occupations for applicants to choose from.

To get State/Territory Nominated Sponsorship (STNS) is a process on it's own which usually takes 30 Days, if there is a sudden increase in these applications it is unlikely for staff to achieve this especially this time of year when a lot of people are still on their holidays (yes it is summer in Australia).

But yeah I would be expecting a lot of people to be seeking STNS in order to get priority but its going take maybe 2 months before you see the effect.

Anyone who maybe only has 100 points must be spewing cos there would be a lot of 120+ pointers now applying for STNS to gain priority when the did not require it before.
Attached Thumbnails I did the math.. and I think it will be twice faster.. am I right?-stats.jpg  
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:15 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

For people who've already lodged their 175 application say before November 08, seeking a state sponsership now, won't necessarily mean they'll get their visas any sooner than they would if they stuck to 175. Even if it does, it wouldn't be much of a difference so you have to ask yourself - is it worth the hassle?

1. It'd take you a minimum of 4-6 weeks just to get your sponsership - and thats DISCOUNTING all the time it'd take for you to get your stuff together to lodge a valid sponsership application.

2. For people who haven't employed an agent - I don't think it'd be a good idea to explore the subclass 'conversion' process by themselves. So employing an agent just for this could well be anywhere around £200-£350. And not employing one would mean quite a few hard hours of work going through the litreture and talking to people to figure out and gather all the info/documentation you'll need.

3. For the ones with agents on board already, this would mean additional paperwork - which means there is a possibility they may be required to pay more.

4. It's quite likely that your occupation may not be on the wanted list of your preferred state - which would mean you may have to settle for second best or whatever's available, just to GET THERE SOONER. I don't think its a good idea to risk spending 2 years of your life regretting your decision to GET THERE SOONER, in case it doesn't work out and you keep thinking things would of been different in 'Sydney' or wherever.

So people, say NO to 176!! It's okay if you have to wait an extra couple of months or so. Most people usually don't pack their stuff and roll the very next day after they get their visa anyway. The norm is 3 months. So yeah, your cool there. Just let the State Sponsered folk get there first and make it a better country for you all to be moving to. You should feel privilaged knowing that your going to be moving to a country with better resources than it was before the State Sponsered folk got there.. And half of them have 'provisional' visas which makes them ineligible for QUITE A FEW jobs. In fact, MOST employers (in Sydney) who employ people on salaries rather than hourly wages, have a policy to only hire people who are Aussie citizens or residents.