Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

I did the math.. and I think it will be twice faster.. am I right?

I did the math.. and I think it will be twice faster.. am I right?

Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute
Default I did the math.. and I think it will be twice faster.. am I right?

Ok, here is the facts:
1- ASPC have divided the application into 4 groups according to the new priorities.
2- I read somewhere that in an official statement 5 MODL occupations in 2007/2008 program had a share of about 50% of the overall applications and now those 5 occupations are not on the CSL.
3- Group 1 will be processed in 1 month until 13 Feb 2009

Assumptions:
1- ASPC is using full power to assign CO to each group at a time.
2- in 2008/2009 program the same 5 occupations have the same 50% share.

So the MATH would be:
Group 1 + Group 2 = 50%
now using ASPC full power means -----> processing time 2008 / 2009 (CSL) = 1/2 processing time 2008 /2009 (CSL) (without the priorties being in effect) + 1 month

Is it right???

Last edited by mavios; Jan 14th 2009 at 3:11 am.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:55 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of
Default Re: I did the math.. and I think it will be twice faster.. am I right?

Originally Posted by mavios
Ok, here is the facts:
1- ASPC have divided the application into 4 groups according to the new priorities.
2- I read somewhere that in an official statement 5 MODL occupations in 2007/2008 program had a share of about 50% of the overall applications and now those 5 occupations are not on the CSL.
3- Group 1 will be processed in 1 month until 13 Feb 2009

Assumptions:
1- ASPC is using full power to assign CO to each group at a time.
2- in 2008/2009 program the same 5 occupations have the same 50% share.

So the MATH would be:
Group 1 + Group 2 = 50%
now using ASPC full power means -----> processing time 2008 / 2009 = 1/2 processing time 2008 /2009 (without the priorties being in effect) + 1 month

Is it right???
certainly does make sense on the face of it.. though I'd like to know what those 5 occupations are ... any ideas ?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fifty_pence
certainly does make sense on the face of it.. though I'd like to know what those 5 occupations are ... any ideas ?
I remeber the first was accounting but I don't recall the rest
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

ok this is the official quote

Over previous years the program had been delivering a less than optimal
outcome in terms of the mix of skills and occupations. In the last three years just
five occupations, out of the hundreds available, accounted for almost half the
visas granted to primary applicants
and

In the three years to 2007-08 the former Government’s Skilled Migration
Programs delivered 28 800 accountants, 6500 cooks and 2800 hairdressers.
Over the same three years the program delivered just 800 bricklayers, 600
plumbers and 300 carpenters.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:29 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Hi Mavios,

Could you kindly link me to your source. . appreciate it

Thanks
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Mavios,

Could you kindly link me to your source. . appreciate it

Thanks
http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/medi...on-program.pdf
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

ok this is the official quote

and
The problem is that accounting is still on CSL...and it requires IELTS of 7 of each component for accountant to be on CSL otherwise he/she will be on MODL...i dont think anyone can guess how many lodged accountant applicants have 7 IELTS...

so the guessing game is futile
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slippery30
The problem is that accounting is still on CSL...and it requires IELTS of 7 of each component for accountant to be on CSL otherwise he/she will be on MODL...i dont think anyone can guess how many lodged accountant applicants have 7 IELTS...

Yeah you are right, but I think you can still get a good estimate of the processing speed this way. anyway all we have to do is do what we do the best... wait.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by slippery30

Though ielts 7+ accountants are on CSL, there aren't many accountants who can speak English properly. Read this.. http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...608708280.html. So, I guess Mavios's analysis still holds.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caliburn
Though ielts 7+ accountants are on CSL, there aren't many accountants who can speak English properly. Read this.. http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...608708280.html. So, I guess Mavios's analysis still holds.
An additional factor is that there isn't enough time to get an IELTS test done by 13 Dec 2008 till 13 Feb 2009. If you take into account general training test is less frequent and the results could take about two weeks to be issued. So there wouldn't be many accountants who done IELTS after the changes.
I also want to stress on the orignal announcement that these changes targeted these 5 occupations mainly so idoubt they would give proirty to accounting when they put it as No. 1 target
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:26 pm
His Excellency

An additional factor is that there isn't enough time to get an IELTS test done by 13 Dec 2008 till 13 Feb 2009. If you take into account general training test is less frequent and the results could take about two weeks to be issued. So there wouldn't be many accountants who done IELTS after the changes.
I also want to stress on the orignal announcement that these changes targeted these 5 occupations mainly so idoubt they would give proirty to accounting when they put it as No. 1 target
Certainly makes sense. I can't see many accountants would rush around to take the IELTS test just to seek priority processing, unless of course, they've taken it already.

However, like the 'announcement' says, MOST of the accountant applicants are overseas student graduates. So, I think we can safely establish that no more than 1 in 10 (i.e 10%) of all accountants would have the required level of english competency. A score of 7 in all 4 modules is no mean task - even for native english speakers if they dont take it seriously enough. So yes I think Mavios's analysis does seem to be reasonably logical.

The 'announcement' also goes on to say cooking and hair dressing are second and third on the list. So that leaves 2 occupations for us to figure out..

I think I'd go for 'marketing/sales executive/specialst' or sommin like that - I can't remember the exact classification, but I've seen quite a few people have nominated that occupation. or nursing perhaps ? No matter what, for some reason we never seem to have enough nurses ANYWHERE in the world. Be it U.K, Canada, States, Europe ..
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:57 pm
CHB
BE Enthusiast

CHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really nice

Certainly makes sense. I can't see many accountants would rush around to take the IELTS test just to seek priority processing, unless of course, they've taken it already.

However, like the 'announcement' says, MOST of the accountant applicants are overseas student graduates. So, I think we can safely establish that no more than 1 in 10 (i.e 10%) of all accountants would have the required level of english competency. A score of 7 in all 4 modules is no mean task - even for native english speakers if they dont take it seriously enough. So yes I think Mavios's analysis does seem to be reasonably logical.

The 'announcement' also goes on to say cooking and hair dressing are second and third on the list. So that leaves 2 occupations for us to figure out..

I think I'd go for 'marketing/sales executive/specialst' or sommin like that - I can't remember the exact classification, but I've seen quite a few people have nominated that occupation. or nursing perhaps ? No matter what, for some reason we never seem to have enough nurses ANYWHERE in the world. Be it U.K, Canada, States, Europe ..
basically, it seems ASPC devided all applicants into 4 groups

Group 1
State & Territory Nominated Applications:
Subclass 134, 136, 137, 175, 176, 475, 487, 495, 885 and 886 applications
(where a successful State or Territory Nomination is held) will all be
allocated to case officers for assessment by 13 February 2009.

Group 2Applications with Occupations on the Critical Skills List:

Group 3
Applications with Occupations on the Migration Occupations in Demand List

Group 4
All Other Remaining Applications

now ASPC is processing on Group 1 in full swing mode until 13th Feb 2009. we all need to keep our eyes on what will happen after 13th Feb 2009 then...
Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CHB

Group 1

Group 3

Group 4

now ASPC is processing on Group 1 in full swing mode until 13th Feb 2009. we all need to keep our eyes on what will happen after 13th Feb 2009 then...
May be I had to put the group definition in my original thread. But I was to lazy to do so
Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CHB

Group 1

Group 3

Group 4

Well, if you check the ASPC auto reply e-mail you can see the phrase (until all Bla Bla Bla is assigned to a case officer)
which means just when they are finished with a group they will start with the other one.
taking into consideration that each state is entitled to a limited number of nominations it would be reasonable to set a month and a half for assigning case officers for state nominated applications while ASPC is using their full resources.

Last edited by mavios; Jan 14th 2009 at 5:27 pm. Reason: spelling and 1.5 months instead of 1 month
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION ADELAIDE
PROCESSING INFORMATION FOR THE WEEK COMMENCING:
19 January 2009

This is an automated e-mail response which provides weekly updated
information on skilled migration applications being processed by the
Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre. Please do not reply to this email
address. This mailbox is not monitored. Our contact details are listed
below.

ASPC APPLICATION ALLOCATION INFORMATION

On 17 December 2008 the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship announced
changes to the way General Skilled Migration applications will be allocated
and processed. Details can be found on the DIAC website at:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...hats-new.htm#j

As a result of this announcement from 1 January 2009 applications for
General Skilled Migration will be strictly allocated and processed in the
following priority order:

1. Applications with a successful State & Territory Nomination (until
all applications have been allocated); and then
2. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Critical
Skills List (until all applications have been allocated); then
3. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Migration
Occupations in Demand List (until all applications have been allocated);
then
4. All other remaining applications

This affects all applications lodged before and after 1 January 2009, both
paper lodged or electronically lodged. Applications which were already
allocated to case officers before 1 January 2009 are un-affected and will
be processed as usual to finalisation.

Applications are now being allocated as follows:

(processed by the ASPC and where a successful State or Territory Nomination
is held) will all be allocated to case officers for assessment by 13
February 2009.

Applications with Occupations on the Critical Skills List:
Applications are not being allocated at present

Applications with Occupations on the Migration Occupations in Demand List:

Subclasses 485 and 887 are not subject to the above changes. The
allocation dates for these subclasses are as follows:

VC 485 (paper): 06 March 2008
VC 485 (E-lodged): 25 February 2008
VB 887: 19 August 2008
I guess this will have some implications on CSL processing times especially if this continue to be the case after 13th of February 2009

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.